BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
Two reasons why Bomberman isn't popular in America.
[Replies: 31]  [Views: 12436]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: 1, 2  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General

MysticBomber
Bomberdude

Post#1  Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 12:12 am  Reply with quote + 
First, companies aren't really interested in releasing Bman games here.
Second, when they RELEASE one, the translation sucks so no one wants to hear ugly, stupid and cheesy voices in a game. *cough*Bomberman Jetters*cough*
And the gameplay is getting really repetitive. I mean, it is fun but people are just getting bored of it.

Or, at least, that is what I think. :surprise: 

I might be right, I might be wrong. Who knows? :cool: 
View user profile Send Private Message
Bomberman3022
Board Moderator

Post#2  Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 12:42 am  Reply with quote + 
Your First one is way off Hudson is the only company that really own all the rights to the game sure Majesco and others profit from them but hudson is the main one...

Not many "Good" bomberman games make it over sea's to us because lets face it Americans are picky, all "most" american gamers think about is graphics, 3D, and violence. This really sucks when a great 2d or other type of game comes out but nobody really cares to try it out, and the ones that do end up buying them are eighter true fans of the genre or reviewers that end up *beep*ing it up for non fans by giving it a bad review.

More titles of the game come out in japan because its an easier market. Japanease really care and respect games/gamemakers. They could care less if it had violence or if its in 3d, most buy games becuase of the story line or the type of genre it is.

Bomberman Jetters would have never really tacken off in the states like it did in japan because of the Anime, lets face it the Pokemon show was released in the US before the game was, which was a big selling point, in japan it was the complete oppisite the show is based on the game...rather the game was realeased before the show was in japan.

In reality there are more than two reasons why bomberman games arent ever really popular in the States. One of the most notable reason is because bomberman really isnt a type of game that can compeat with the next gen games/systems...I feel that the only posible way for idiot next gen gamers to play bomberman is to make it a first person, just look at metroid. Its an interesting idea i my slef would rather they not do it but the Bomberman generation is dieing. :cry:  If that ever happens and it becomes one of the best games of the year(which would happen only in dreams) watch for lies to come from many "Yeah I love bomberman ive played every single game" or "Bomberman has always been my favorite" you know idiot people will say things like that just to jump on the band wagon even thos they probly never thouched a bman game in there life.

The views in this post are only opinions of Bomberman3022, and should not be taken offensively

Sorry for ranting on but im really bored and never really get a chance to debate about things anymore :hilarious: 
Razon
Board Admin

Post#3  Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:01 am  Reply with quote + 
Well indead once the anime is gone i don't really see any reason to have anything to do with bomberman, o and my hosting plan runs out next year so someones gotta host it.
MysticBomber
Bomberdude

Post#4  Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:01 am  Reply with quote + 
Bomberman3022 wrote:
Your First one is way off Hudson is the only company that really own all the rights to the game sure Majesco and others profit from them but hudson is the main one...

I meant importing. :umm:
Bomberman3022
Board Moderator

Post#5  Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:13 am  Reply with quote + 
Razon wrote:
Well indead once the anime is gone i don't really see any reason to have anything to do with bomberman, o and my hosting plan runs out next year so someones gotta host it.
If everything goes well with my drivers licence problems i will try to find a job weather it be bagging groceries or serving food i dont care im desperate, i will find better hosting then, alltho the host your using now is pretty cheap per month. but that really has nothing to do with topic....

Importing bomberman games is not the same as them being released in the states...they still have to be translated and stuff like that(i really dont know what your trying to say)
I think the last bomberman game that actually got publicity was Bomberman 64 who could forgot the song from the commercial.
Razon
Board Admin

Post#6  Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:16 am  Reply with quote + 
Bomberman3022 wrote:
Razon wrote:
If everything goes well with my drivers licence problems i will try to find a job weather it be bagging groceries or serving food i dont care im desperate, i will find better hosting then, alltho the host your using now is pretty cheap per month. but that really has nothing to do with topic....

Importing bomberman games is not the same as them being released in the states...they still have to be translated and stuff like that(i really dont know what your trying to say)
I think the last bomberman game that actually got publicity was Bomberman 64 who could forgot the song from the commercial.
Well ya but i just wanted to say it ._.;;
well another reason it probably failed in the usa is because they didn't even have a commerciel for generations or jetters..
Akagi-Ron
Bomberman

Post#7  Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:35 am  Reply with quote + 
I can tell that most people in america prefers violence (eg Grand theft auto) than cutestyle games.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#8  Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:31 am  Reply with quote + 
I beleive these are all valid reasons why bomberman is unpopular. The average "gamer" blech i hate that every fool who goes out and buys a PS2 with grandtheft auto or an X box with halo and they think they can call themselves a gamer. Sure you can have one of those games and still be a gamer but when you think its the best thing ever because thats what someone else said so you went out and bought it you're just an idiot...

Let us take the word "gamer" how can you tell the difference between someone who is into gaming because its a fad or who really takes it to heart? Its hard to draw the line somewhere, but i'm sure you can all tell there is a distinct difference. Even just getting into a conversation with someone who claims to be a gamer can be enough proof to you. Owning videogames does not make you a gamer. If that were the case most people would be gamers. Now i don't beleive you have to have a crapload of games to be one, no no *shakes head* but its how you enjoyed them and what they meant to you. If some kid only owns a SNES with a couple of games he's probably more of a gamer then the kid that bought an Xbox got halo and later traded it in for halo 2. Other traits of gamers (but not necassarily required) are having shirts, posters in their rooms, cartoons or books based on games etc. *sigh* i could probably rant about this subject al day but i'll just finish with my bman comments.

I don't think bomberman will ever have a massive popularity to the *vomits* average gamer. I do beleive however he can win us fans back if a well made bomberman game is brought over and translated well. I eagerly await another bomberman 64 or even another bomberman hero. If this can't happen all bomberman will be, even to us gamers who have been around a long while, only an old school game that we still pull out but no longer follow the series.

Well... i'm done... for now, heh heh
BomberKorin
Bomberbie

Post#9  Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:03 pm  Reply with quote + 
^_^; It just isn't, as everyone stated, the audience here isn't the same as the audience in Japan~ (Dating Sims, Anime-styled/2-D games) When's the last time you saw a game that was 2-D/Cel-Shaded and wasn't considered 'kiddie'? ^^; The game market is currently a growing business, and lots more companies are going to be involved, because they'll realize its a market where you can make money. And they'll look at sales and see GTA and Halo 2 at the top, so they'll do their best to make clones that'll maybe sell as much (You see it happen all the time xD)

I think its just a phase ^_^; I mean, video games came out only a few dozen years ago, soon enough, things will change~
Bonk
Bomberdude

Post#10  Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:56 pm  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
I beleive these are all valid reasons why bomberman is unpopular. The average "gamer" blech i hate that every fool who goes out and buys a PS2 with grandtheft auto or an X box with halo and they think they can call themselves a gamer. Sure you can have one of those games and still be a gamer but when you think its the best thing ever because thats what someone else said so you went out and bought it you're just an idiot...

Let us take the word "gamer" how can you tell the difference between someone who is into gaming because its a fad or who really takes it to heart? Its hard to draw the line somewhere, but i'm sure you can all tell there is a distinct difference. Even just getting into a conversation with someone who claims to be a gamer can be enough proof to you. Owning videogames does not make you a gamer. If that were the case most people would be gamers. Now i don't beleive you have to have a crapload of games to be one, no no *shakes head* but its how you enjoyed them and what they meant to you. If some kid only owns a SNES with a couple of games he's probably more of a gamer then the kid that bought an Xbox got halo and later traded it in for halo 2. Other traits of gamers (but not necassarily required) are having shirts, posters in their rooms, cartoons or books based on games etc. *sigh* i could probably rant about this subject al day but i'll just finish with my bman comments.

I don't think bomberman will ever have a massive popularity to the *vomits* average gamer. I do beleive however he can win us fans back if a well made bomberman game is brought over and translated well. I eagerly await another bomberman 64 or even another bomberman hero. If this can't happen all bomberman will be, even to us gamers who have been around a long while, only an old school game that we still pull out but no longer follow the series.

This is 100% true. The reason the GTA series (and the ps2 in general) is so popular, is because the games appeal to the average schmoe, not a hardcore gamer, like myself. In fact, were it not for the ratchet & clank series, I would of traded in my ps2 a long time ago. You can say "you aren't a gamer if you don't like gta" but video games is my religion, I was converted by my grandpa who picked up his controller for the first time back in the NES days. Bomberman 64 was actually the first bomberman game I ever played, and is still my favorite. I would bert thaty its everyone here's favorite also, either that or maga bomberman or super bomberman 3 or 4. Bomberman Jetters, while not necessarily a bad game, was no bm64. Withoutbm64's level design, control scheme (now you have to be standing onttop of a bom to pick it up), massive hidden areas (even in the first level!), loads of hidden stuff (although the cards in bmj are very well hidden), Bomberman Jetters is far behind its n64 predecessor. To top it all of, we get pokemon and bomberman is voiced by a 6-yr old japanese girl.
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#11  Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 4:02 pm  Reply with quote + 
I got some people addicted to bomberman 3 at one point in time a few weeks ago.

And about these average "gamers" too true, my brother has a snes pluged in in his room, so im going to go ^^.

(oh and by the way, i really didn't like halo : P, gameplay over graphics, not graphics over gameplay has always been my preference, and after a round of halo two, i was pretty board as hell.)
Razon
Board Admin

Post#12  Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 4:04 pm  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:

Well indead, i never owned 1 gta game because i never really liked them to much unlike alot of the other people i know do own it, and also like friends and what ever trade there games in all the time for new ones though i don't agree with that since i do research on the game and stuff like that and make sure i like it before i buy it and then once i have it if i like it i keep it if not its off to ebay.. i havent bought a game in months... *notices dust all over consoles* ever since i got my new pc i don't really touch my consoles to much..
Bomberman3022
Board Moderator

Post#13  Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 4:58 pm  Reply with quote + 
BomberKorin wrote:
I think its just a phase ^_^; I mean, video games came out only a few dozen years ago, soon enough, things will change~

Games have been out since like the 70's maybe even longer
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#14  Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:14 am  Reply with quote + 
Well as far as games being a market probably only a little over 20 years... Videogames starting geting really big in the early 80s
Bomberman3022
Board Moderator

Post#15  Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:21 am  Reply with quote + 
true i would say when the intellivision and atari, i think there where some others, hit the stores
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#16  Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:33 pm  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:

Agreed. Espeically on the gamer comment. I heard a kid at school say that he had a Xbox, Gamecube and PS2 one time. I was thinking "That's nothing to brag about compared to my collection." I only say that he's not a gamer because he's one of those pimpin gansta kids. I also sit next to aaht I believe is a Halo/GTA fanboy. He annoys me very much, especcially if I draw Kirby pictures (which I do a lot). He'll say like "Kirby's gay" and crap like that. I really hate that man. They should all be destroyed. But enough about my personal life.

I think that Bomberman isn't doing well because there's the normal people and then there us, hardcore gamers. The normal people want graphics over story and gameplay anyway. Remember Bomberman Hero? I thought it wasn't a bad game, but people vhated it all because it didn't haver multiplayer. Plus what Hudson has been coming up with isn't helping ethier. I heard Jetters blew and Generation, from my exeperince, was horrid. I don't really have much else to say...

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
THE Gold Bomberman
Bomberman

Post#17  Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:12 pm  Reply with quote + 
Bomberman3022 wrote:
BomberKorin wrote:

Games have been out since like the 70's maybe even longer

Pong, witch was the very first arcade game (not quet the first video game made though, but almost) came out in the early early 70's. Not so sure on the exact year though. But yea... video games have been around for most likely alittle over thirty years now. :stun: 

(has mario been around for 20 years? If so... then i'm surprised they havent celabrated the old nintendo mascote. Because if mario has been around for that long, then they really missed out on his 20th aniversery.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#18  Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:27 pm  Reply with quote + 
If they make a big deal out of Mario bros anniversary, which i think they will. They will probably base it on Super Mario Bros. Release date which was 1987. so 2007 would be the 20th aniversary. Mario himself first appeared as "Jump man" in Donky Kong which wasl ike... 82 or 83?
THE Gold Bomberman
Bomberman

Post#19  Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 9:09 pm  Reply with quote + 
It was 83 i believe.... But if they dont want to count that game into the mario aniversery, then why not start it out with the original mario bros.? But besides that... i thought that super mario brothers came out in 1985.

Last edited by THE Gold Bomberman on Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:25 pm
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#20  Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:37 pm  Reply with quote + 
85? You know... I think you're right. I think it was 85
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 2 Page: 1, 2  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2399s
Index - Back to Top