BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
Bman DS release date: June 21, 2005! Confirmed by Gamespot!!
[Replies: 54]  [Views: 20213]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General

Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#21  Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:16 am  Reply with quote + 
This game sounds interresting, but the real question should be

Is this game worth it? Is it as good as it sounds? Will it be like Bman 64? Will it have custom parts?

Okay, that was more than one question. But still, is it really worth your money and time? I heard Jetters was a flop from Nintendo themselves (I'm a member of Nintendo.com and recieve newletters and such), so i'm not sure if Bomberman is seeing its bad days or if Hudson can't do great bman games anymore. The last excellent bman game I've seen is for N64, known as Bomberman 64: The Second Attack.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
View user profile Send Private Message
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#22  Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:13 am  Reply with quote + 
*nods* I concur
Bomberman3022
Board Moderator

Post#23  Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:19 pm  Reply with quote + 
bomberman games are always changing from system to system there never the same...who knows this one might be something really good or something really bad....
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#24  Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:55 pm  Reply with quote + 
Hopefully hudson will learn that the Battle mode is the real cheese to bomberman...

If it's like Bman Online DC, I'll be happy...
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#25  Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:44 pm  Reply with quote + 
Heh, everyone loves the multiplayer of bomberman and think thats all its good for. It really saddens me. I loved the 1 player adventure modes of the 3 bomberman games for N 64. I think we need more bomberman games like that with awesome casts and cool levels with an excellent soundtrack. Multiplayer should still be there but we should still have custom parts that you can find in the 1 player mode. Then when you work hard to earn them in 1 player you can sport them on your character in battle mode. It's such a awesome thing they added for those games. I also loved the boss battles of the N64 games as well. I highly support that work be done on 1 player story mode in future bomberman games. Also as far as consoles go, i'm sick of the cel-shaded graphics. We need to lose those IMO.

I haven't been motivated to try a bomberman game in a long time. I tried Generation and it just wasn't cutting it for me. As for Jetters well it looked like almost the same thing.

My final statement is that currently in my personal opinion, bomberman's peak was on the N64.
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#26  Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 2:13 am  Reply with quote + 
Hmmmm, from the stems of bomberman, multiplayer was always what it was all about, (actually did bomberman 1 even have multiplayer), the single player game modes were always somewhat boring after awhile. I mean the only reason i knew anyone had bomberman 2 was because of the 2 to 3 player multiplayer. As for single player, i don't really care, my preference is decent AI for fake multiplayer like characters, and a couple of extra multiplayer modes and levels. What bomberman has always been to me was just a party game requiring skill, therefore the best party game.

(when you read this note that i never really was a big fan of single player games, and if you were playing a single player game, its still fun to do it in a croud of people, so they can watch you get to level 50 in galaga and all that jazz)
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#27  Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:39 pm  Reply with quote + 
I liked the cel shading in Bman Online. But after that it got repetive and bland.

The only single player game I liked were Bman Tournament, Hero, And the Super Bman Series.

Everything else after that wasn't that good...
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#28  Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:54 pm  Reply with quote + 
The superbomberman series was freaken awesome, very simple and repeditive, but fricken awesome. The bosses extra powers and crap did give the games some challenge though ^^.
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#29  Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:57 pm  Reply with quote + 
I liked Super Bomberman 3 the most. I wish they released that game in the US.

The music was great, the sprites were decent. But i wonder Why don't they use this music instead of that dumb music in Bman jetters GC?!
I loved the louies in that battle mode. And the bman voices were too funny! :hilarious: 
And the 5 bombers at one time made it worthwhile...
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#30  Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:10 pm  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
Heh, everyone loves the multiplayer of bomberman and think thats all its good for. It really saddens me. I loved the 1 player adventure modes of the 3 bomberman games for N 64. I think we need more bomberman games like that with awesome casts and cool levels with an excellent soundtrack. Multiplayer should still be there but we should still have custom parts that you can find in the 1 player mode. Then when you work hard to earn them in 1 player you can sport them on your character in battle mode. It's such a awesome thing they added for those games. I also loved the boss battles of the N64 games as well. I highly support that work be done on 1 player story mode in future bomberman games. Also as far as consoles go, i'm sick of the cel-shaded graphics. We need to lose those IMO.

I haven't been motivated to try a bomberman game in a long time. I tried Generation and it just wasn't cutting it for me. As for Jetters well it looked like almost the same thing.

My final statement is that currently in my personal opinion, bomberman's peak was on the N64.

(nods) Agreed. I heard the Jetters was basically the same thing as Generation, but ethier way...

I'm getting tired of Cell-shaded games. It's annoying after awhile. The game with Cell-shading I really loved was ToS, (was that Cell-shaded? It looked like it was).

It would be nice if we can play a game like Bman 64: The Second Attack. You know, another player could be something in the story mode, too. It could be another bomber, Pommy, or a character with a interresting and new attack system (hint: REGULUS! Bombs, claw/punch attacks, charge attacks).

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
Razon
Board Admin

Post#31  Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 8:34 pm  Reply with quote + 
I found this on another forum but i'm not sure if its real or not.

fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#32  Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 9:37 pm  Reply with quote + 
That cover looks a bit false to me for the simple reason that those character5s look more like chars from the "bomberman games" game in japan on the ps2, then traditional bomberman characters.
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#33  Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 9:43 pm  Reply with quote + 
But then again, We don't know what the sprites will look like...
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#34  Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 9:44 pm  Reply with quote + 
Theres a video on ign... the bottum (one screen map) screen looks about like one of the super bomberman series, or whatever, the top map looks like a wierd 3d version of the same thing, cool but relativly pointless.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#35  Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:17 pm  Reply with quote + 
fireball87 wrote:
That cover looks a bit false to me for the simple reason that those character5s look more like chars from the "bomberman games" game in japan on the ps2, then traditional bomberman characters.

That may be the Japanese cover. Alot of the time we have different covers when games get released here.
Bomberman3022
Board Moderator

Post#36  Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:41 pm  Reply with quote + 
Fake it is
Its the cover from a bomberman game released in japan called "Bomberman Battles"
http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0002M2UB8/249-0557964-0413946
Razon
Board Admin

Post#37  Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:00 pm  Reply with quote + 
In that case.. off i go to reveal the faker...
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#38  Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:08 pm  Reply with quote + 
Bomberman3022 wrote:
Its the cover from a bomberman game released in japan called "Bomberman Battles"

There we go, thats the game i was thinking of, i just didn't wanna go back to hudson where i saw it earlyer, to do research, man im lazy ^^.
THE Gold Bomberman
Bomberman

Post#39  Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:42 pm  Reply with quote + 
Bomberman3022 wrote:
Fake it is
http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0002M2UB8/249-0557964-0413946

hehheh... Yea, didnt we discuss about this game on an earlier topic from the last bomberman board before? :hilarious:  lol
Razon
Board Admin

Post#40  Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:51 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yeh i forget who started the topic but someone posted a link to the site which had videos of most of the stuff to do with it i think.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 2 of 3 Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1714s
Index - Back to Top