Sucky Cartoons
[Replies: 60]  [Views: 20044]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk

fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#41  Posted: Thu May 17, 2012 1:57 am  Reply with quote + 
I like MLP, it's one of the better american cartoons in a while. It's funny It also has a bit of oddness appeal. The fanbase I also like, as long as it is the segment of the fanbase that is creative (which is a highly impressive grouping, art, music, animation, and fangames in quantities i've not seen from a fanbase other then perhaps the sonic fanbase), and not the part of the fanbase that trolls other forums.

As for MLP hate, I first watched the show, because I saw internet hate over it in places where it wasn't even being discussed (twas an avatar). Those forum trolls lower the likelyhood of people watching the shows... but random forum hate, is likely going to increase it. At least for people like me who wonder "so what exactly is this guy being attacked over, and why?".

In other news, no one who watches the show cares much about your opinions of them watching the show, otherwise they wouldn't you know, be honest enough to tell you. The feedback you'll receive for that fandom is rather obvious. My ego is already primed for that, I've spent so long explaining to friends why I like a manga about a 5 year old girl, that explaining to them why I like a cartoon made for 5 year old girls is no real jump.
View user profile Send Private Message
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#42  Posted: Thu May 17, 2012 6:38 pm  Reply with quote + 
I'm not a fan of MLP either. I just can't get into it at all and I do have a couple friends that loved it. It has surprisingly high production values and a pretty good voice cast for the type of show it is which I did find impressive.

However it's premise is just too much... even for me, and I have watched a massive assortment of fluffy anime about little girls. lmao! I think when it comes to American cartoons I prefer things that are more retro and action oriented. Or comedy... Humor can always work regardless of where it was made.
WarioMan3K
Bomberdude

Post#43  Posted: Wed May 23, 2012 3:47 am  Reply with quote + 
As much as I want to see MLP: Friendship is Magic for once...I just don't have the guts to do so without running the risk of being branded as a "brony" -- as anyone calls it. I mean, sure, I can handle certain shows like Sailor Moon, Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi, or even Hamtaro...

...although, I didn't ever watch Totally Spies (off-topic, BTW) for nearly the same reason as MLP (minus the "brony" issue).

"It is GOOD day to be giant man!" ~Heavy Weapons Guy

"What is Bill Rizer? It is just the name of a single entity who has been gone for centuries." ~Master Contra
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#44  Posted: Wed May 23, 2012 12:51 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yeah, I'm definitely not shy to watching kiddy stuff or girly stuff if I think it's good. I loved SailorMoon (own all of it!)

I also watched stuff like...

Sagwa the Siamese Chinese Cat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2cvyOnEsJw

and Madeline
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMa8b4vUtRY&feature=related

among others right up through my early teenage years and wouldn't mind seeing them again once in awhile. Good stuff!

Ugh.......
Now I might have to hit up Amazon next week....
HienFan
Bomberman

Post#45  Posted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:34 pm  Reply with quote + 
Sagwa and Madeline I saw back in 2001-2004 *sigh* how much kiddie grade shows have changed for the worse now...(especially that weirdo CGI series about Winnie the Pooh and Tigger with some retarded redhead) degrading I tell ya to be reminded of everything every two seconds I doubt the three year olds are that dumb

I mean it's the same thing over and over again every single episode instead of something more varied and talking people down
HienFan
Bomberman

Post#46  Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:39 am  Reply with quote + 
Meh might as well mention more sucky western shows I seen

Whatever happened to Cartoon Network lately? They used to have awesome shows like Dexter Laboratory, Sheep in the Big City, Time Squad and Powerpuff girls.

But now all they have are these F grade shows like Adventure Time(I'm probably gonna get called Weeaboo by the AT fans for saying anime is better than this. For the record I also hate Ben 10 Alien Force/Ultimate Alien only the original is good), Regular Show, Problem Solverz, Johny Test and Secret Mountain Fort Awesome

I dunno whether to explain since I really have not seen some of these shows but usually when I'm pretty skeptical over a show my suspicions are always dead on

Adventure Time: Saw on TV. Boring

Problem Solverz: I told myself not to be a graphic whore but really now. Even Cow and Chicken(my least favourite Cartoon Network show on the 90s) look aesthetically better and is better written than this

Ben 10 Alien Force and Ultimate Alien-It feels like a crappy fanfiction come to life...

Everything on CN real-Why is there live action material on a channel that says Cartoon Network?

Johny Test

Regular Show

Camp Lazlo-That show told me Cartoon Network rotted

Secret Mountain Fort Awesome

Cow and Chicken-Ren and Stimpy Cartoon Network version(not surprisingly John Kricfalusi likes it)

The Looney Tunes show- At first I thought it was alright but later on it started to degrade horribly. Only thing good is Lola Bunny. Though I never liked Bugs in that cartoon and he's my favourite LT character on ye good olde days

I find it sad that old digital animation is better than newer ones judging by those shows I mentioned above. Most of them extremely stiff compared to the livelier Samurai Jack and Sheep in the Big City

PS I should make a good cartoons list. I don't think everyone in here only likes anime
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#47  Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:01 am  Reply with quote + 
HienFan wrote:
F grade shows like Adventure Time

I tend like this show more then most recent American shows, it's not all that funny, nor does it have any form of action, but I do like the surrealistic feel quite a bit, and a majority of the characters are designed decently enough.
HienFan
Bomberman

Post#48  Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:06 am  Reply with quote + 
I prefer World of Gumball in character design to be honest but it seems to be stereotypically sitcom (I seen it)

The character designs admittedly is better than Regular Show, Kappa Mikey(stereotypically anime. It's like they didn't want to develop a bit of their style+horrible flash animation dude=disaster), Camp Lazlo, Secret Fort Mountain Awesome(what kind of dumb name is that?) and especially Problem Solverz
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#49  Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:16 pm  Reply with quote + 
A buddy of mine enjoys Adventure time and regular show so I've seen a few eps of each. (lol, same buddy that likes My Little Pony actually.)

Adventure Time I don't really care for at all... I find it pretty boring though some of the character designs are amusing.

Regular Show is hit or miss. I love the voice actors in it. They breath alot of life into the characters. Some of the eps I find funny, clever and well written. At times it kind of reminds me of Angry Beavers. Though a large portion of that is probably Daggot's voice actor and his 2 similar characters, lmao. Other episodes are more typical stock stuff that you've seen plenty of times in other shows and feel weak.

Regular Show I could watch more of at some point. Adventure Time I'll probably pass on.

The others I either have 0 interest in or have never heard of and probably won't check out anyway.
HienFan
Bomberman

Post#50  Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:54 pm  Reply with quote + 
Ehehe and I thought Adventure time was really popular... Must be overrated.

I actually find My Little Pony interesting I've seen the pilot but I might try the other episodes eventually

Frankly compared to anime(at least for talking, more action base stuff not really either) stiff rigid movement is not really my type so I can't stand a lot of flash cartoons I can see why for limited animation what with money being severely lacking in the 60s/70s but even they feel more lively than flash which reminds me of how stiff Syncro VOX(completely different but I'm talking about it feels like there's only one frame for everything), Chucking animation are

Looking at the cel animated Simpson opening and the post HD one it's very noticeable they didn't try hard enough

Not saying all digital shows are bad(Heck why would I still like Samurai Jack and keep on insisting on watching all those 2000-2003 shows if I did) but too many people don't put enough love into their work these days. That's not an attitude the directors of the Golden Age use(but now that I think about it I prefer those Dark Age cartoons like Chuck Jones Tom and Jerry, said Jones various films when he was still fired, Hanna Barbera cartoons and The Pink Panther over most cartoons on the 40s and 30s)

Forgot to mention a particular show I hate: Family Guy-My sis sometimes left that channel on air for a while before switching. Damn lot of politic preaching and sometimes a tad too vulgar (hey I said my sis bailed out midway it could be a lot more vulgar and I missed it out)

South Park in the later seasons(I saw this on the online but I could only appreciate season 1-3) has the same horrible politic talk and is R rated vulgar. I can take vulgarity but there's only so much I can take before I think it's crazy (the friggin movie has one too many F bombs from that infamous session about the 2x2 math problem video alone)

PS The other reason I don't watch Disney Channel and Nickolodeon is that sometimes they air Live Action and unless it's Mr Bean I usually don't give no hoot about Live Action
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#51  Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:10 am  Reply with quote + 
Adventure Time is incredibly popular! When I went to one of my conventions last year there were big groups shouting lines from it. It was pretty annoying..... Not just cause it was Adventure Time. I almost always find that kind of behavior annoying.

I actually enjoy Family Guy and think its very funny. However I do understand that there are people out there whose style it just does not appeal to.

As far as Live action goes I enjoy some Sitcoms and Game Shows but don't watch much TV in general unless I'm over someone's house.
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#52  Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:30 pm  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
Adventure Time is incredibly popular! When I went to one of my conventions last year there were big groups shouting lines from it. It was pretty annoying..... Not just cause it was Adventure Time. I almost always find that kind of behavior annoying.

I may like the show, but I don't see anything in it as being remarkably quotable, as wit or comedy are not at all it's strong point.

HienFan wrote:
I actually find My Little Pony interesting I've seen the pilot but I might try the other episodes eventually

I consider the pilot to be the worst episode by far.

don't even recall wrote:
Family Guy

Family guy is a show that I used to like, and still like the first 3 seasons from, but since they've brought it back they got confused and thought it was a show about either running jokes for longer then they're funny, or trying as hard as they could to press the limits of the FCC, they did both of them from the beginning, but since the reboot they mostly lost what was really funny about the show, parodying other crap.
HienFan
Bomberman

Post#53  Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:58 pm  Reply with quote + 
If Adventure Time becomes the Naruto of cartoons then count me out

Judging by the opening in Family Guy I'd say the one airing these days are the post HD version. No thanks it rotted even before it went HD. Frankly of all the Seth McFarlene shows I prefer that one old cartoon in What a cartoon show about the old man and his dog
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#54  Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:31 pm  Reply with quote + 
fireball87 wrote:
Regulus 777 wrote:

I may like the show, but I don't see anything in it as being remarkably quotable, as wit or comedy are not at all it's strong point.

What I was referring to was when I was at Anime Boston last year there were multiple occasions while we were walking the halls, riding escalators, etc that some douche shouted above the crowd "What time is it?" and without fail most of the rest of those around would shout "Adventure Time!" It was so annoying....

Anyway it's certainly popular or at least well known from what I can tell.
HienFan
Bomberman

Post#55  Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:50 am  Reply with quote + 
Fanatic fan screaming about the show. Y-E-P, it reminds me of the behavior of some fans of many mainstream series
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#56  Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:20 am  Reply with quote + 
From what I've observed, it seems that any time something becomes incredibly popular and reaches a wide audience, there will be fanatics. It doesn't necessarily mean that the thing itself is bad; sometimes it may be quite good.

That being said, I don't know anything about "Adventure Time". I'm just making a general statement.
legato
Bomberman

Post#57  Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:58 am  Reply with quote + 
Adventure Time is too weird. I watched a few eps of it for a while and the show is so left field I just feel confused after seeing it. Maybe it's because I'm older than the target audience?

Regular Show isn't bad but it can have the same problems. The plot starts off really basic like wanting to having a BBQ and then somehow shit gets wacky about halfway through and is just really bizarre. It's almost like watching a mind *beep*.

I've seen a little bit of Gumball. I find that show to be quite boring.

At least they're trying to make better cartoons but some of it just feels forced, like they're trying really hard to make it unique. They just need to let it flow.
HienFan
Bomberman

Post#58  Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:55 am  Reply with quote + 
The only thing unique about Gumball is the animation. The entire story is a generic american styled sitcom.

Frankly they should use a more British sense of humour, American sitcom are waaaay too samey samey, for gawd sake you are made in the UK make a humour more like the UK, just because Mr Bean(Live action only) worked doesn't mean you can do it too

Why do you Brits want to be so American for?(heck the UK dub of Simon 4 and 5 got American accents) Stick to the Brittish humour don't copy something that is staler than blue spotted bread, come on I'd like to see Simon the Sorcerer 1/2/3 humour on TV try it, you'll do better than any american TV on air now

That's what I think
Mighty
Bomberman

Post#59  Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:27 am  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
What I was referring to was when I was at Anime Boston last year there were multiple occasions while we were walking the halls, riding escalators, etc that some douche shouted above the crowd "What time is it?" and without fail most of the rest of those around would shout "Adventure Time!" It was so annoying....

Same. EXACT. Thing happened at the beginning of ColossalCon when I went there back in June with my friends. My one friend just randomly shouted "What time is it?" and literally like 100 people shouted "Adventure Time!" in return.
HienFan
Bomberman

Post#60  Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:58 am  Reply with quote + 
Okay this is almost dead but...

A few months ago I saw more of Adventure time when someone left Cartoon Network on.

It sucks so bad... I am never seeing that show again, what's more I found a cartoon on Nicktoons way better than it so I'm never turning to CN(as I said one of the better show Adventure time is 100% mediocore and generic) ever again unless someone leaves it on.

Either way I'm sticking to finishing up a classic on Youtube though so that has to wait til DVD comes out once many episodes are out/the show is finished since I won't be finishing my current show for a long long time
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 3 of 4 Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2027s
Index - Back to Top