***Hudson Entertainment Seeking Comic Artist!!!***
[Replies: 11]  [Views: 3919]
Users browsing this topic: 2 Guests
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General

Hudson Entertainment
Bomberbie

Post#1  Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:48 pm  Reply with quote + 
Greetings Bomberman fans!
Hudson Entertainment needs your help! We are looking for a comic artist to produce a strip for our webpage featuring all of your favorite Hudson characters!! If you are fanatical about Hudson, Bomberman, comics, or writing comic strips, this is your chance!

Check out all the details in THE HIVE on our webpage!! If you're interested in submitting your work just post it to the thread, or email it to us directly.
http://hudsonent.com/viewtopic.php?p=2543#2543

Hope to see some of your work, good luck!

Hudson Entertainment
View user profile Send Private Message
Bonk
Bomberdude

Post#2  Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:39 am  Reply with quote + 
zomg advertising b&!!!!

Anyone here with any artistic talent that wants to try it out? It looks legit as far as I can tell.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#3  Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:04 am  Reply with quote + 
Erm.... it said the topic doesn't exist when I click on it....

Well if I knew it was legit, and it was just Bomberman, and I had time to do it, I would definately do it. But I don't know if it's legit. And I don't know anything about the other Hudson characters. And I would buy free time off of Ebay if it was possible.

Oh well. :hilarious: 
Razon
Board Admin

Post#4  Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:01 pm  Reply with quote + 
Because it said that the topic was deleted, that proves that it wasn't allowed and was most likely spam- it just searched for any hudson game related forums probably.
Hudson Entertainment
Bomberbie

Post#5  Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:35 pm  Reply with quote + 
Ok, Im not sure why the original post got deleted. I can assure you this is a very real proposition. Im an intern with the marketing dept. at Hudson and my boss has asked me to get this comic thing started. The only reason I can think of that the post was deleted is that the moderators weren't briefed on the comic and thought it was spam as well. All will be fixed soon. If you have any submissions in the mean time, please either post them here in this thread or send them to [You must log in to view emails]
I will update this thread as soon as I get to work this afternoon and find out whats going on.

Thanks
Hudson Entertainment
Bomberbie

Post#6  Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:07 pm  Reply with quote + 
RIGHT! I just talked to my boss and the official word was, "Friday the server was freaking out so there's a chance your thread wasn't posted or accidentally got deleted. Don't look at me, I didn't do it."
Ive posted a new thread, the link is: http://hudsonent.com/viewtopic.php?p=2566#2566.

I apologize for the mixup. I cannot stress enough that this is a real opportunity. My boss has specifically told me we are not looking for some established artist who knows nothing about our product or company. We want you! The gamers, the fans. Hudson wouldn't be here without you guys and your support. This is your chance to show your love of Hudson and Bomberman. You dont have to make a comic about every single Hudson character if you dont want. Honestly, I'm just looking for someone who is funny. Bottom line. Make me laugh. If I like your work I will reccomend you to my boss!

I know some of you are hardened skeptics, so if there is anything else I can do to prove this is for real, let me know
:P

Aaron (the intern)
Hudson Entertainment
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#7  Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:22 pm  Reply with quote + 
Hm, I dunno. I can draw, but humor isn't exactly my strong point. . . :shifty: 
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#8  Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:27 pm  Reply with quote + 
Oh. Woah. Hey. That's crazy.

I'd love to jump at the opportunity, but my legs are bound by constraints and I'd fall flat on my face.
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#9  Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:02 pm  Reply with quote + 
Hudson Entertainment wrote:
RIGHT! I just talked to my boss and the official word was, "Friday the server was freaking out so there's a chance your thread wasn't posted or accidentally got deleted. Don't look at me, I didn't do it."
Ive posted a new thread, the link is: http://hudsonent.com/viewtopic.php?p=2566#2566.

I apologize for the mixup. I cannot stress enough that this is a real opportunity. My boss has specifically told me we are not looking for some established artist who knows nothing about our product or company. We want you! The gamers, the fans. Hudson wouldn't be here without you guys and your support. This is your chance to show your love of Hudson and Bomberman. You dont have to make a comic about every single Hudson character if you dont want. Honestly, I'm just looking for someone who is funny. Bottom line. Make me laugh. If I like your work I will reccomend you to my boss!

I know some of you are hardened skeptics, so if there is anything else I can do to prove this is for real, let me know
:P

Aaron (the intern)
Hudson Entertainment

Is this a commission sort of position (lol I rhymed), or is it more a volunteer one?

AO3 | deviantArt | Tumblr
Bluesky | Twitter | Ko-Fi
Bombermanga | Bomber Base | B-Daman Now, Dog!

If I don't wield the bomb, I can't protect you. If I keep wielding the bomb, I can't embrace you.
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#10  Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:08 am  Reply with quote + 
I don't have any problems being funny (it comes naturally, laugh it up ;P)

Sadly I'm not exactly an artist. I may throw together a nice little sketch up for fun... but I doubt I could do much more then that.
Hudson Entertainment
Bomberbie

Post#11  Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:23 pm  Reply with quote + 
So right now we ARE looking for an artist (or artists) to do some kind of continual work on the strip. Whether this is commission based isnt really up to me since I'm just a lowly intern. :oops:  Again, just send in your stuff, I will have the glorious job of sifting through the piles and piles of emails, and then passing on the ones that make me laugh to my supervisor. :veryhappy:  Don't fret though, if you're not a professional comic strip artist that's even better. We absolutely would choose a big Hudson fan with horrible art over some popular artsy schmuck who hasn't even heard of Bomberman before.

Also we plan on having "guest" artists (basically fan submissions, fill in from time to time for the main strip.

Hey if you can't draw, send us a script! I've gotten a few already!

Aaron (the intern)
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#12  Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:57 am  Reply with quote + 
hey guys it looks pretty legit to me. I read up on the link and I know I'm not skilled in writing humor or artbut it'd be awesome to see one of our own in the running for this huh?
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2033s
Index - Back to Top