Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
What are your favorite comic books?
[Replies: 10]  [Views: 3978]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General

THE Gold Bomberman
Bomberman

Post#1  Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:59 pm  Reply with quote + 
I know that some people here read alot of manga, but does anyone here ever read any other kinds of comic books?? :mystery:  Like some american made ones for instance, or what ever other kinds. For example... right now, i'm reading Usagi Yojimbo by Stan Sakai and Bone by Jeff Smith. I also read Sonic the Hedgehog comics by Archie. I cant really say what my favorite is between them. My brother reads Marvel and D.C. comics, me and him have been superhero fans ever since we were kids, like Batman and Superman, Spiderman and the X-mem, ect. So has anyone else here read these comics, or if you haven't, what comics do you read(besides manga)?
Bonk
Bomberdude

Post#2  Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:00 am  Reply with quote + 
My all time favorite comic series has to be Sam & Max. If you ever read it (or played the PC game) you'l know why. A similar book is Snake n' Bacon's cartoon cabaret, lots of randomness and pop culture references (think family guy, but actually funny with 100% less fail and with no pretense of plot) with a lot of really memorable short jokes. I recommend everyone who likes humor pick it up, I got mine for 10 bucks. Here's a sample courtesy of google image search:

The whole book is like that, except funnier.

One of the only action comics I've ever read and liked was The Punisher. It's like a paper form of alot of cheesy action movies (Rambo, Army of Darkness, etc, my favorite type of film), with zero depth, a total asshole for a main character and tons of ass-kicking and badass one-liners. I don't really have the desire to check out any other comics because there's so damn many of them and from what I've heard of Marvel and DC there's a lot of continuity problems and nothing I've seen so far looks very original or interesting enough to pursue. I also read a comic called Witchblade, thought it was pretty amusing but I'm not going to read the whole series.
View user profile Send Private Message
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#3  Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:30 am  Reply with quote + 
I used to read the sonic comics by Archie, good stuff.

I've seen Usagi Yojimbo at my Library but I've never actually read it before. Other then that I mostly read manga even that I dont read much anymore. Ever since school ended last year I havent read much of anything. School was my place to read. When i'm at home I'd rather play videogames or watch anime.lol
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#4  Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:14 pm  Reply with quote + 
only ever read The Beano when i was wee
i still flick though Oor Wullie and Broons biannual collection that are released but iv mostly stopped reading comics
BlindShot_BHKB_
Bombertrainee

Post#5  Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:52 pm  Reply with quote + 
the GhostRider series hell yea...
THE Gold Bomberman
Bomberman

Post#6  Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:52 pm  Reply with quote + 
Kuttlas wrote:
from what I've heard of Marvel and DC there's a lot of continuity problems

You have no idea. :xeyes:  lol The continuity has been screwed over so many times in those comics, thats why d.c. made the comic "crisis on infinite earths" back in the 80s, and it was supposed to be a story about taking all of the conflicting plot holes and continuity errors that have ever happend before in d.c. and literaly wiping them out of existence. The only promblem with it, is that it was pointless, because even though it fixed the stories before it, there were still more and more continuity errors being made after crisis, so recently, they decided to make a new crisis on infinite earths called infinite crisis(blah!) and what i've heard, it wasn't nearly as extreme, but it did fix some stuff. But who really cares? Comics are going to keep having continuity promblems, so the idea of crisis is pointless. :hilarious: 
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#7  Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:18 am  Reply with quote + 
Go here and you can see some really dumb things.... for instance, the same EXACT story being used more than once, and the fact that Superman uses "super-friction" to wield some bars together instead of.... just.... using his heat vision.... :normal: 
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#8  Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:44 pm  Reply with quote + 
Oh my, that link is quite possibly the funniest thing i've seen all of this year. Thanks, and thanks again!

Oh holy crap, i just started reading "seduction of the innocent"... Oh My thats funny.
Bonk
Bomberdude

Post#9  Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:30 am  Reply with quote + 

Haha I've seen this before but I didn't think it was a real comic. Greatest line in the history of anything.
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#10  Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:40 pm  Reply with quote + 
Kuttlas wrote:

Haha I've seen this before but I didn't think it was a real comic. Greatest line in the history of anything.

That line is sig worthy. :hilarious: 
THE Gold Bomberman
Bomberman

Post#11  Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:28 pm  Reply with quote + 
Ughh! I hate Frank Miller! That has got to be the worst line ever to be written in comicbook history. Though, its weird.... sometimes Miller can be a really awsome writer, it just depends. Good thing that comic, "Batman All Stars" isn't in continuity with the regular batman comics, so Miller can screw with the character all he wants.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2143s
Index - Back to Top