Competitive bomberman?
[Replies: 19]  [Views: 7975]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General

TwiNCannoN
Bomberbie

Post#1  Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:06 am  Reply with quote + 
Hi all, first post.

So, I've been playing bomberman 93 again lately and I have to wonder: is there any competitive scene for any bomberman game? I'd assume it to be based around some kind of clone, much like net-tetris and some other old game clones that have competitive communities.

Just wondering. I'd really like to play, and moreso see how someone could play a bomberman-type game at a competitive level. It just seems like it has so much potential.

edit: Oh! And welcome back, I noticed the site was down when I first tried to come so I bookmarked it and checked now and then.
View user profile Send Private Message
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#2  Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:37 pm  Reply with quote + 
if they dont include it on the Wii game i will hurt someone
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#3  Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:42 pm  Reply with quote + 
Some once made a competetive bomberman community and a number of us on this board joined it. the person that made it was Serpx. However without warning his site shut donw about a month or 2 after re4lease and i have not heard from him since. we used to play bomberman games via emulation over the net. It was alot of fun. he also had a forum and such. we had a tournament once. I miss that community if anyone were to make another friendly competetive bomberman community let us in on it!
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#4  Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:36 am  Reply with quote + 
yea i thorght about emulation multiplayer, im not shure how it works but id quite like to try it at somepoint
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#5  Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:16 am  Reply with quote + 
I once zbattled Alex (Gladers) at Super Bomberman (1). We had fun, both with battle mode and story mode.
serpx
Bomberbie

Post#6  Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 6:50 pm  Reply with quote + 
I wish I could tell everyone what happened, but I honestly don't remember. I'm really unhappy that everything just died off like that; Bomberman DOES have a lot of potiental, and it needs to be tapped.

If anyone is still alive who was in that community, give me a contact. (My AIM is Stealth at Arms, my MSN is "serpx", and my email is [You must log in to view emails]).

I personally own 2 servers in California, and I work as a Web Designer. The community can happen again, and it can stay up forever this time around. I think my domain host died off or something. I don't remember.
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#7  Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:58 pm  Reply with quote + 
serpx wrote:
I wish I could tell everyone what happened, but I honestly don't remember. I'm really unhappy that everything just died off like that; Bomberman DOES have a lot of potiental, and it needs to be tapped.

If anyone is still alive who was in that community, give me a contact. (My AIM is Stealth at Arms, my MSN is "serpx", and my email is [You must log in to view emails]).

I personally own 2 servers in California, and I work as a Web Designer. The community can happen again, and it can stay up forever this time around. I think my domain host died off or something. I don't remember.

Well, let's get it back up then!! I want to bomb people again!!
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#8  Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 7:21 am  Reply with quote + 
You'll have my support again as well.

Go for it dood!

The forum you had was a good way of organising things. Either you can make a website again with a forum and/or tourny dates/rules. Or we can make a sub forum here for you, (I doubt that'd be a problem.) Whatever way is easier for you to keep it organized. I personally liked your seperate forum. With that I could just log in over there when I wanted to read about tournament stuff and I could just log in over here to chat in general. Either way is fine though really.
serpx
Bomberbie

Post#9  Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 12:58 am  Reply with quote + 
Okay, well, if you're interested, just give me a PM, e-mail, or instant message. If we can gather up a small group who play it every so often, I'll remake the site and forum (wont take a day to do).

There is a home now. A home to host tournaments, games, etc. The server is called "Bomberman-Network Dedicated Server." If you have the genesis emulator with Netplay (I don't know if I can post links to stuff like that here), you can go there and play.

The server is located in California, so if you leave around the area, you should have a nice small ping.

We'll see how this goes. My AIM is "Stealth at Arms" and my MSN is "serpx" :happy: 
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#10  Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 7:09 am  Reply with quote + 
We'll more then likely have my brother SSJ-Sonic and my Cousin Darkelf up for it as well. they just dont stop by here often. You can try sending them IMs and see what they say.

Like I said in my previous pm though i wont be available for awhile since I have to save up for my own computer.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#11  Posted: Mon May 14, 2007 11:09 pm  Reply with quote + 
Hey all.

I support this idea and think it's kind of cool.

Just tell me whenever you guys start this kind of stuff and I'll try it out.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
Ven
Bomberdude

Post#12  Posted: Fri May 18, 2007 10:38 am  Reply with quote + 
TwiNCannoN wrote:
Hi all, first post.

So, I've been playing bomberman 93 again lately and I have to wonder: is there any competitive scene for any bomberman game? I'd assume it to be based around some kind of clone, much like net-tetris and some other old game clones that have competitive communities.

Just wondering. I'd really like to play, and moreso see how someone could play a bomberman-type game at a competitive level. It just seems like it has so much potential.

edit: Oh! And welcome back, I noticed the site was down when I first tried to come so I bookmarked it and checked now and then.

Haha, have you ever heard of Bomberman Online PC? If not, you must've been under a rock for a few years. There are tons of good people who play that (all 3 versions). Bomberman is coming to XBOX 360 Live Arcade in a little and I'm sure there will be many people playing that.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#13  Posted: Sun May 20, 2007 5:45 pm  Reply with quote + 
Ven wrote:
Haha, have you ever heard of Bomberman Online PC? If not, you must've been under a rock for a few years.

No offense, but there were other ways to word that statement without sounding like a jerk. I understand that probably wasn't your intention, but yes, you could choose better words to use instead of that, in particular the "haha" bit and, my personal favorite, the "you must've been under a rock for a few years" part.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Ven
Bomberdude

Post#14  Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 4:01 pm  Reply with quote + 
SSJ-Sonic 254 wrote:
No offense, but there were other ways to word that statement without sounding like a jerk. I understand that probably wasn't your intention, but yes, you could choose better words to use instead of that, in particular the "haha" bit and, my personal favorite, the "you must've been under a rock for a few years" part.

'Haha" set the tone for the whole post, as in joking. But next time, just for you, I'll make sure to convey my message as best as miss pretty princess pony would.

Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#15  Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:04 am  Reply with quote + 
Hey all!

Now that Regu finally has his own computer and is usually available online I'm ready to play some bomberman. I already have genesis and SNES emulator and most of the bomberman games for them. I may try some type of gathering to play these late Saturday night (9pm or later(eastern time)) or Sunday evening (7pm or later)

If anyone is interested in playing bomberman via emulation let me know. Perhaps serpx can work out making a website again.
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#16  Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:58 pm  Reply with quote + 
That sounds good, I can play whenever someone is online and waiting for a few matches.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#17  Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:23 pm  Reply with quote + 
I'm up for it when you guys are.

and when im in the mood

Recent stuff I'm into:

serpx
Bomberbie

Post#18  Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:10 am  Reply with quote + 
I went ahead and made a small site. It'd make this a lot more organized, and effective for meeting up, and what else.

www.deiuos.com/

It's a temporary website to host Bomberman-Network. If things go well (20 members, smooth weekly tournaments), then I'll buy a domain, and make a full-working website for the network.

There's a tournament announcement for the 8th. I hope to get this active before the fans of Bomberman Live are birthed (assuming Bomberman Live becomes a huge success).

Join in. :veryhappy: 
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#19  Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:14 am  Reply with quote + 
I can provide assistance, but can't really participate in any tournies atm. Just state whats needed.
serpx
Bomberbie

Post#20  Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:11 am  Reply with quote + 
Ao Bomber wrote:
I can provide assistance, but can't really participate in any tournies atm. Just state whats needed.

Only assistance needed right now is getting some players! lol.

I'm trying to get people on here. If anyone knows anyone outside of here that wants to do some old school playing, hook em up!
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2045s
Index - Back to Top