Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
Bomberman in Brawl?
[Replies: 87]  [Views: 29815]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General

Poll Results

Bomberman will be in Super Smash Bros. Brawl?
Yes
 31%  [ 9 ]
No
 31%  [ 9 ]
Maybe
 37%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes: 29

ChronoBall X
Bomberdude

Post#41  Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:59 am  Reply with quote + 
I highly doubt he'll Ever be in Brawl,Although I wish he would be,because like everyone else mentioned,he is'nt popular enough here in the states like Megaman or Sonic. Sonic has a way better chance to making it into brawl than Bomberman(Shirobob).

Yes,Bomberman has had quite a few games released here in the states like Bomberman Saturn,Bomberman 64, 64: Second attack,Hero,Pocket Bomberman,and variouse others,but the fact his populariety is'nt as known here in america like in japan.

the only chance white Bomber has of being in brawl is that if Bomberman DS story is released if and it becomes a hit (which I doubt that'll ever happen)
View user profile Send Private Message
DJ_Napps
Bomberbie

Post#42  Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:53 pm  Reply with quote + 
Duke Serkol wrote:
DJ_Napps wrote:
Entrance- Rides in on his pet, Pommy. Pommy runs away scared right before the battle starts.

Pommy is normally too small for bomberman to ride. He could do that in Max2 because he was shrunken down. Therefore I'd suggest the historical mount Louie the kangaroo.

Other than that, nice ideas :happy: 

Oh, youre right! My fault, ill change it. Thanks a bunch!

Hammer Bomber wrote:
i'm going against everyone by saying this but first off, Bomberman wont be in brawl and he would need a very violent surge in popularity if he was to be in the next one, Altho Hudson have worked well with Nintendo, he is a multi format C-List video game character and thats not what Nintendo want. Lets not forget that Snake was only let in because his creator practically got on his knees and begged Shiggy.

and another thing, even if he was let in, his move set is very bland, all he does is lay bombs!!! different elements of bombs and powered up bombs, are still bombs! Dull! going back on what i said earlier, you would need to use an iteration of him when he wore something that could also be used, hence why i mentioned Bomber the Kid, he has guns and a whip, that would make it a bit more interesting.

A Bomberman trophy would sound a little saner, or maybe a challenge level where yur attacked by semi-well known 3rd party characters. Some sorta cameo at least

Yes, Bomberman has seemed to fade within the last couple of years, but there are still a rather significant number of fans in Japan AND the US. Is this a Japanese Bomberman Fanboard? No.

Hudson ties w/ Nintendo are too great to ignore. Hudson, as im sure you know, has help make ALL of the Mario Party Games. Nintendo could return the favor by including their best bud's mascot.

Bomberman has been with Nintendo since the start, is on the Virtual Console and is still going with another game on the Wii.
For Nintendo to see Bomberman as an option and decide not to include him is SOME way would be a financial and ignorant mistake. At the very least, Bomberman would be an AT (assist trophy), a cameo appearance, or a boss.

And as for your theory that all that Bomberman has is bombs, i have a very decent moveset on page 2 of this thread. As a Bomberman fan, you should know that Bomberman can do more that chuck explosives.

He is popular, has the moves, has good ties with Hudson, as is an overall kick@$$ character.
Thus, i voted 'yes' for Bomberman in Brawl, questions?

ChronoBall X wrote:
I highly doubt he'll Ever be in Brawl,Although I wish he would be,because like everyone else mentioned,he is'nt popular enough here in the states like Megaman or Sonic. Sonic has a way better chance to making it into brawl than Bomberman(Shirobob).

Yes,Bomberman has had quite a few games released here in the states like Bomberman Saturn,Bomberman 64, 64: Second attack,Hero,Pocket Bomberman,and variouse others,but the fact his populariety is'nt as known here in america like in japan.

the only chance white Bomber has of being in brawl is that if Bomberman DS story is released if and it becomes a hit (which I doubt that'll ever happen)

He has the chance my friend, read what i wrote above. Sure Sonic definitely has more chances, but that doesnt exclude Bman. Sakurai said he'll be including around 1-2 more 3rd party characters excluding Snake.

Sure, he isnt a shoe-in like the Blue Blur, but the White Bomber has a chance. All we can do is hope.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#43  Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:19 pm  Reply with quote + 
DJ Napps wrote:
Is this a Japanese Bomberman Fanboard? No.

Is this a big Bomberman Fanboard? No. Are there 200 members here? No. Not in reality. There are probably less than 30 active members here, and 30 is still a big number to be throwing out there. Bomberman is all the rage over in Japan and stuff. But he's not so big in the US.

It's just the kind of thing you shouldn't expect to happen. If I find a way to put it in better words, I will.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#44  Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:28 pm  Reply with quote + 
Dark Zaphe wrote:
DJ Napps wrote:
Is this a Japanese Bomberman Fanboard? No.

Is this a big Bomberman Fanboard? No. Are there 200 members here? No. Not in reality. There are probably less than 30 active members here, and 30 is still a big number to be throwing out there. Bomberman is all the rage over in Japan and stuff. But he's not so big in the US.

You also forgot to mention that this is also probably one of the biggest Bomberman communtities on the internet. And like you said, it has probably only about 30 active members here.

Not bashing on the bomber or Napp's opinion or anything, I'm just throwing in some more facts. It's never good to highly expect something like that to happen, as most of the time it usually doesn't. I'm not trying to lower your spirits or anything, I'm just saying what will most likely happen.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#45  Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:59 pm  Reply with quote + 
SSJ-Sonic 254 wrote:
You also forgot to mention that this is also probably one of the biggest Bomberman communtities on the internet.

Oh, yeah, didn't think about it.

Yeah we're not trying to put you down or anything like that, I didn't think about that either, so forgive me if I came across like that before. Not trying to restate what Sonic said but I just want you to know that I feel the same way.
DJ_Napps
Bomberbie

Post#46  Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:43 pm  Reply with quote + 
You guys are right. This fanboard isnt that active, and 200 isnt that great of a number either.
But the number of members here (active or not) doesnt determine the large amount of Bomberman fans throughout the world. Not all Bman fans are bloggers, or even if they are, not all of them have the time or dont care enough to post here. But that doesnt mean they wouldnt want the White Bomber in Brawl.

I know Bomberman's chances arent great. I know he isnt the most popular of choices, and i know his support isnt the greatest (especially around here.. :down:  ) but i believe he has a chance of SOME appearance. I dont think he will, i think he has a CHANCE. Thats perfectly reasonable and understandable.

I appreciate the debate, dont get me wrong, but im goin to stand by my opinion.
Bonk
Bomberdude

Post#47  Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:30 am  Reply with quote + 
I noticed that in the copyright text that most people probably skip over that they've already listed konami as one of the copyright holders even though Snake hasn't been revealed yet.

Notice Sonic Team/Sega, no Hudson, that probably no Bomberman or Sonic.
DJ_Napps
Bomberbie

Post#48  Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:24 pm  Reply with quote + 
Kuttlas wrote:
I noticed that in the copyright text that most people probably skip over that they've already listed konami as one of the copyright holders even though Snake hasn't been revealed yet.

True, however Konami doesnt own all of Hudson (even though its a good portion). Nintendo also holds some percentage, making him 2.943 party.

Kuttlas wrote:

Sonic has been revealed, so what does that mean for Bomberman...yes?

P.S to All- Is Bomberman a robot? I know in the first game he definitely was, but did he make the wish to become human? I was disscussing it here but we still arent sure. Any answer is greatly appreciated.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#49  Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:58 pm  Reply with quote + 
DJ_Napps wrote:
Kuttlas wrote:

True, however Konami doesnt own all of Hudson (even though its a good portion). Nintendo also holds some percentage, making him 2.943 party.

Kuttlas wrote:

Sonic has been revealed, so what does that mean for Bomberman...yes?

What? He means that Konami is ALREADY listed as a copyright holder, therefore they have at least one character in the game.

And just because Sonic is in doesn't mean Bomberman is.... they're from two totally different companies.

DJ_Napps wrote:
P.S to All- Is Bomberman a robot? I know in the first game he definitely was, but did he make the wish to become human? I was disscussing it here but we still arent sure. Any answer is greatly appreciated.

That's up for debate. In some games, like the first, and in "spin offs" like some of the arcade versions he is a robot, usually a battle robot. In other games he is part of the race of Bombermen. But most of the time, it's not stated.

It should be known that the first game is set in a different universe than the rest, much like Bakugaiden and Jetters are in different universes with different Shirobons. Many of the games seem to reference each other just a little bit though, so it seems that most of them involve the same timeline.
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#50  Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:06 pm  Reply with quote + 
Dark Zaphe wrote:
It should be known that the first game is set in a different universe than the rest

Not necessarily. May just be set in a different timeframe (and, obviously, feature a different Bomberman).

Even in games that are certainly within the continuity that involves the Bombermen race, Bomberman has sometimes displayed robotic features... but also organic ones. So it seems that Bombermen are a cybernetic race.
dakirbydude
Bomberman

Post#51  Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:21 pm  Reply with quote + 
Bonk
Bomberdude

Post#52  Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:19 am  Reply with quote + 
dakirbydude wrote:
Look at this!!!!!!

Bomberman!
Damn, that was a fast 404, it's still the 11th here

Well I guess they can update the copyright, but I don't think Bomberman is going to be in due to popularity issues. Besides, he's been having too much of an identity crisis for the last few years, I don't want any Bombermen besides good old fashioned Shirobon.

Not that this has anything to do with Bomberman, but what do you all think of the prospects of Megaman in Brawl? Personally I would rather see him in that Bomberman (blasphemy I know) because I used to be a huge Megaman fan, and I think he has a good chance. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see them both, but I grew up with Mega and there's more nostalgia there.

Here are some facts:

1. Dec 17 will be Megaman's 20th birthday in japan

2. Capcom has a countdown on their site for his 20th anniversary

3. Being confirmed for brawl would be an extremely awesome birthday present for his fans

4. There is at least 2 missing slots in the character icons:
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/icon/world_b_01.gif - Smash logo
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/icon/world_b_02.gif - Donkey Kong
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/icon/world_b_03.gif - Starfox
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/icon/world_b_04.gif - Kirby
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/icon/world_b_05.gif - Captain Falcon's logo
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/icon/world_b_06.gif - Metroid Screwball
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/icon/world_b_07.gif - Earthbound globe
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/icon/world_b_08.gif - Pokeball
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/icon/world_b_09.gif - Triforce
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/icon/world_b_10.gif - Mario Bros.
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/icon/world_b_11.gif - Yoshi Egg
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/icon/world_b_12.gif - FE Sword
# 13 is empty, we can probably assume it's Mr. Game & Watch
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/icon/world_b_14.gif - Ice Climbers Eggplant
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/icon/world_b_15.gif - Animal Crossing logo, possible AC character?
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/icon/world_b_16.gif - Warioware
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/icon/world_b_17.gif - Kojima Productions/Metal Gear
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/icon/world_b_18.gif - Kid Icarus logo
# 19 IS ALSO MISSING HMMMMM
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/icon/world_b_20.gif - Sonic!
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/icon/world_b_21.gif - DS logo

What does this have to do with anything? Well aside from confirming 2 more franchises, you can look at #s 15-20 (newcomers) for a pattern: Here is the name of each franchise in Japanese

15 = Douboutsu no Mori
16 = Made in Wario
17 = Metal Gear
18 = Parutena no Kagami
19 = ??????
20 = Sonic the hedgehog

If you notice, they're all in alphabetical order. What major franchises (in their japanese names) that have not already been announced in some form come between Pa and So? Pikmin, Seiken Densetsu, ROCKMAN? Can't think of any others off the top of my head. Which one of these franchises has the best chance of getting an entry? I'd say it's a toss-up between Pikmin and Megaman.

Of course this sequence falls apart when you look at the DS logo at 21 (which might still be alphabetical, I don't know what the DS is called in Japanese). That's probably because it's a stage, not a character that it represents. There isn't any characters that could be represented by a DS logo now is there? (maybe something from Nanostray)

5. 2 is an awfully weird number of guest characters. 3 would be better, and 5 even moreso: Bomberman AND Megaman along with someone else.

Anyway I haven't been keeping up with the updates for a while, I think the last one I stayed up for was Dedede's final smash. I mean look at the last 2 or 3 weeks, nothing but ZZZZZs. I know it's because they're short on content because of the delay, but Sakurai could at least confirm Captain Falcon to relieve everyone who's afraid he won't be returning.

For anyone who is interested, CoroCoro magazine said they will be revealing the entire playable roster on the 15th, keep your eyes on the major gaming news sites.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#53  Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:32 am  Reply with quote + 
Seeing Megaman would be kind of neat. I've always loved the megaman games as well, and to be honest, so far I haven't seen a whole lot of characters I'd really like to play as....

20th Anniversary of Megaman.... wow...... I mean, I've been playing those games probly 15 years now myself. It's unbelievable.
Razon
Board Admin

Post#54  Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:14 am  Reply with quote + 
Kuttlas wrote:
dakirbydude wrote:
Look at this!!!!!!

Bomberman!
Damn, that was a fast 404, it's still the 11th here

Well I guess they can update the copyright, but I don't think Bomberman is going to be in due to popularity issues. Besides, he's been having too much of an identity crisis for the last few years, I don't want any Bombermen besides good old fashioned Shirobon.
I fixed the link, there was an extra "l" at the end after ".html".
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#55  Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:33 am  Reply with quote + 
Pretty sweet screenies.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#56  Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:51 pm  Reply with quote + 
dakirbydude wrote:
Look at this!!!!!!

Bomberman!

That site was hilarious. lol, I enjoyed it. Did you guys also see that Bill Cosby is a new playable character?
Ninja Bomber
Bomberdude

Post#57  Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:07 pm  Reply with quote + 
Lol, that site is funny
----------
Well, I would like to see Charabons as Assist Trophies, too.

Last edited by Ninja Bomber on Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:20 pm
Axis_Lyonheart516
Bomberdude

Post#58  Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:59 pm  Reply with quote + 
The second I clicked that link... for some reason - even though I knew it was just a joke -, for a split second... I had my hopes up. xD

But the description for Mario made me laugh.
Bomberstar

Post#59  Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:45 pm  Reply with quote + 
you're right, looking at it briefly it looks fairly legit.
dakirbydude
Bomberman

Post#60  Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:11 pm  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
dakirbydude wrote:
Look at this!!!!!!

Bomberman!

That site was hilarious. lol, I enjoyed it. Did you guys also see that Bill Cosby is a new playable character?

Yeah, I noticed that. I actually found this site last night, and had to post it.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 3 of 5 Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2425s
Index - Back to Top