Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
Bomberman in Brawl?
[Replies: 87]  [Views: 29575]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General

Poll Results

Bomberman will be in Super Smash Bros. Brawl?
Yes
 31%  [ 9 ]
No
 31%  [ 9 ]
Maybe
 37%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes: 29

Angelus
Bomberdude

Post#21  Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:43 pm  Reply with quote + 
I beleive I heard a while back that Hudson has been bought out by Konami? (or something of the sort) Konami gave them solid snake.
Nadji
Bomberbie

Post#22  Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:52 am  Reply with quote + 
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=72276
Heres a thread on SmashBoards a famous ssb forum on Bombermans possible appearance in Brawl.
View user profile Send Private Message
TheSilverTwill
Bomberbie

Post#23  Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:52 pm  Reply with quote + 
I'm with everybody else in doubting his chances, but I'd love to see him in there. I decided to make a sample moveset for him since I was bored. So far I just have the B moves and his Super (like Mario's giant fireball) figured out, but I'll keep working on it and probably post the rest later.

B: Bomb Throw: Bomberman takes out a standard fire bomb that continues to grow in size the longer he holds it. The power and blast-radius increase with size, although Bomberman's movement speed decreases significantly with larger bombs. He cannot use other attacks until he throws the bomb, which explodes upon impact.
B^: Wind Bomb: When in the air, Bomberman holds a wind bomb beneath himself with both hands that detonates and sends him flying upwards. While on ground, the bomb throws small tornadoes in both the left and right directions at or slightly farther than melee sword distance, knocking any enemies they hit a few feet away and dealing small damage.
B>: Lightning, Light, Ice Bomb Kick: Bomberman kicks a random bomb that electrocutes, blinds/disorients, or freezes respectively. The bomb explodes upon impact with either another player or a wall, and briefly stuns the one it hits. When used in the air, the bomb follows a downward parabolic pattern and explodes upon impact with an opponent or the floor. In addition to using a variety of visual effects, the three different types would each be slightly different regarding damage dealt and length of the stun.
Bv: Remote Control: When Bv is tapped lightly (like a regular, non-smash move), Bomberman drops a small red-striped bomb onto the ground beneath him. It can be left alone or picked up and thrown (by anyone, though it isn’t recommended if you are fighting Bomberman) like any other item for minimal damage. It can be thrown an infinite number of times as long as it remains on the field, and Bomberman can have up to three remote control bombs on the field at a time. When Bv is smashed, all remote control bombs will explode instantly.
Super: Independence Day: Bomberman begins swinging his arms in a rapid-fire fashion tossing multicolored bombs into the air, which burst into large fireworks. The first fireworks should explode almost immediately after activation, and the full move should last about seven seconds. The fireworks should begin exploding just above Bomberman and cover a decent area, but by the end most of the sky should be filled with colorful detonations.

My original idea was to have him team with Pommy who would follow Bomberman around and be unable to hurt opponents except as part of certain A-strikes and throws, but I decided to stick with just Bomberman to make it more realistic. I did like the original Bv though, so I figured I'd post it just for the heck of it.

Bv: Pommy the Mimic: Bomberman takes a few moments (about falcon punch length) to draw Pommy into the playing field with a piece of food. Pommy is then able to be attacked by opponents and anyone who accidentally hits Pommy (who stays very close to Bomberman at all times) will have their damage returned to them. Pommy will then return to his unhittable state.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#24  Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:59 pm  Reply with quote + 
That's sounds cool.... too bad it'll never happen. Or if it does it'll be a strange miracle. Bomberman isn't a sole Nintendo character. He easily shifts through Xbox and Playstation. Normally all at the same time.
DJ_Napps
Bomberbie

Post#25  Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:21 pm  Reply with quote + 
I definitely think bomberman has a good chance of being in SSB:B.
He has a wide variety of moves, good background with Nintendo, and is relitively popular in both Japan and the US.

And for those who say hes not popular enough are wrong, they have made an entire message board for BOMBERMAN ALONE. And even if he wasnt popular, characters in Melee (like Ice Climbers and Mr.G&W) werent nearly as popular as Bomberman and made it into the game and even became some ppls favorite characters.

Sure other characters are takin the spotlight (Sonic, Megaman, Geno...) but dont say Bomberman doesnt have a chance.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#26  Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:05 pm  Reply with quote + 
No, Super Smash Brothers has only Nintendo characters. Therefore, Bomberman won't be included because he's independent, he's not just on Nintendo systems.

And if you're referencing this forum, it's a very small fan forum, but probably the biggest you'll find that's dedicated to Bomberman. Welcome to the community, and we hope you stay. :P
TheSilverTwill
Bomberbie

Post#27  Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:20 pm  Reply with quote + 
While Super Smash Bros. used to only have Nintendo characters, the latest edition (Brawl) is introducing 3rd Party characters, as proven by the inclusion of Konami's Solid Snake and the fact that Nintendo has asked Sega's permission to use Sonic. Therefore, even if Bomberman isn't particularly likely, he's certainly not an impossibility.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#28  Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:26 pm  Reply with quote + 
Hm.

Well I still hold my opinion that he won't be in. It's highly unlikely.
DJ_Napps
Bomberbie

Post#29  Posted: Sat May 05, 2007 8:59 pm  Reply with quote + 
Why dont u think he wont be in Brawl? I cant think of a nearly-valid reason he isnt likely besides his 'impopularity'.
And yes, he has been on plenty of Nintendo console, maybe even more than sonic (dont quote me on that!). Hes been with Nintendo since the NES and most recently on the DS. He even is continuing with a new game on the wii. Sure hes appeared on the PSP(etc) and the sad apperance on the Xbox(~tear~) but that is it. At least not enought to ruin his chances. Even Solid Snake is in Brawl and he has appeared on more non-nintendo systems than Bomberman.
Do a little research on Bomberman games and youll be surprised...
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#30  Posted: Sun May 06, 2007 8:52 pm  Reply with quote + 
Um. I know about Bomberman games. He's been on NES, SNES, N64, Wii, Playstation, Playstation 2, XBox, Gamecube, TurboGrafix, DOS, DS, PSP.... Lots. He's not strictly bound to just one console, is what I mean. I just seriously doubt that he'd ever appear in Smash Brothers. It's hard to explain.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#31  Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 6:46 pm  Reply with quote + 
We'll just have to wait and see when the game comes out (whenever the hell that is). I mean, theres really no sense in arguing over it. Seriously... That aside this is still the only Wii game I'm looking forward to, although the new NiGHTS into Dreams game might be really awesome (if its done right) Sonic Team has sucked lately so I'm not gonna get my hopes up.
Zantova
Bomberbie

Post#32  Posted: Fri May 18, 2007 5:57 pm  Reply with quote + 
TheSilverTwill wrote:
I'm with everybody else in doubting his chances, but I'd love to see him in there. I decided to make a sample moveset for him since I was bored. So far I just have the B moves and his Super (like Mario's giant fireball) figured out, but I'll keep working on it and probably post the rest later.

B: Bomb Throw: Bomberman takes out a standard fire bomb that continues to grow in size the longer he holds it. The power and blast-radius increase with size, although Bomberman's movement speed decreases significantly with larger bombs. He cannot use other attacks until he throws the bomb, which explodes upon impact.
B^: Wind Bomb: When in the air, Bomberman holds a wind bomb beneath himself with both hands that detonates and sends him flying upwards. While on ground, the bomb throws small tornadoes in both the left and right directions at or slightly farther than melee sword distance, knocking any enemies they hit a few feet away and dealing small damage.
B>: Lightning, Light, Ice Bomb Kick: Bomberman kicks a random bomb that electrocutes, blinds/disorients, or freezes respectively. The bomb explodes upon impact with either another player or a wall, and briefly stuns the one it hits. When used in the air, the bomb follows a downward parabolic pattern and explodes upon impact with an opponent or the floor. In addition to using a variety of visual effects, the three different types would each be slightly different regarding damage dealt and length of the stun.
Bv: Remote Control: When Bv is tapped lightly (like a regular, non-smash move), Bomberman drops a small red-striped bomb onto the ground beneath him. It can be left alone or picked up and thrown (by anyone, though it isn’t recommended if you are fighting Bomberman) like any other item for minimal damage. It can be thrown an infinite number of times as long as it remains on the field, and Bomberman can have up to three remote control bombs on the field at a time. When Bv is smashed, all remote control bombs will explode instantly.
Super: Independence Day: Bomberman begins swinging his arms in a rapid-fire fashion tossing multicolored bombs into the air, which burst into large fireworks. The first fireworks should explode almost immediately after activation, and the full move should last about seven seconds. The fireworks should begin exploding just above Bomberman and cover a decent area, but by the end most of the sky should be filled with colorful detonations.

My original idea was to have him team with Pommy who would follow Bomberman around and be unable to hurt opponents except as part of certain A-strikes and throws, but I decided to stick with just Bomberman to make it more realistic. I did like the original Bv though, so I figured I'd post it just for the heck of it.

Bv: Pommy the Mimic: Bomberman takes a few moments (about falcon punch length) to draw Pommy into the playing field with a piece of food. Pommy is then able to be attacked by opponents and anyone who accidentally hits Pommy (who stays very close to Bomberman at all times) will have their damage returned to them. Pommy will then return to his unhittable state.

Those seem very plausible, only if I could choose, I'd do things a little different.

1. B>: Fire Bomb- creates a fire bomb that you automatically shoot infront of you. When it hits an enemy, it will damage the target over time, and anyone who goes near the afflicted player will be afflicted as well.
2. Bv: Hero's Light (like in episode 1 of Bomberman Jetters)- basically the same thing as Independence Day, but with different graphics.

Also, you know how in Super Smash Brothers Melee, where you can change your character's outfit? Well, if Bomberman were in SSBB, I'd make it so that you could make a bunch of different looks, like Black Bomber's, just to name one.
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#33  Posted: Sat May 19, 2007 9:06 am  Reply with quote + 
Zantova wrote:
I'm proud to beat Bomberman DS.

Seriously? I've hardly ever played an easier game than that. It's kinda like being proud to have eaten a piece of cake :wink: 
...unless you mean since it did rather poorly that you are proud to have bought and supported Bomberman on DS, in which case I can totally sympathize.
DJ_Napps
Bomberbie

Post#34  Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:41 pm  Reply with quote + 
Bomberman's potential moveset

STATS:
Speed- ***
Size- ***
Weight- **
Jump- **
Reach- **
Strength- ***

A- Left-hand jab
AA- Right punch, Left punch
AAA- Strong Uppercut (w/ slight explosion)
Dash A- Head-dive- Bomberman rapidly dives, headfirst, straight ahead of him and headbutts his opponent.
A^- Upward fiery punch
AV- Heavy Stomp (slight explosion)
A<>- Strong kick

Nair- Hard Slap
Fair- Knee (Bomberman knees opponent in the face)
Bair- Double arm push
Uair- Flipkick
Dair- downward drop-kick

B- Drop Bomb- Hold B 2 secs to hold, continuous holding pumps bomb. If B is pressed when maxium bombs are placed, the bombs would detonate simultaneously.
B<>-Bomb Kick/ Soccer Bomb -if a laid bomb is in front of him, Bomberman kicks it forward and it rolls until it hit something. If Bomberman is not in front of a bomb, Bomberman quickly lays a bomb any kicks it while flipping over (like a famous soccer move). It flies through the air quickly and explodes on contact.
B\/- Suicide Bomb- Bomberman slams a bomb beneath his feet, quickly flinging him upward and causing slight damage to him. Causes major damage to neighboring enemies
B^- Bomber Copter- Bomberman bursts upward with propeller spinning above him. He is able to fly around freely for around 10 secs.

Grab- Standard two hand grab
Grab Attack- general headbutt
^ Throw- Throws opponent into air and quickly throws a bomb at them
> Throw- Straps bomb to and throws opponent forward
< Throw- Throws opponent behind Bomberman (that's it)
V Throw- Slams opponent on ground on which, they explode on impact.

Final Smash-
- Bomberman pumps a legendary Red Bomb to maximum size (around 2x the height of Bowser). Bomberman speed is greatly decreased and cannot jump when carrying the bomb. He is free to throw the bomb wherever he pleases, the bombs explosion radius affects everyone on the stage. Any player hit with the Bomb is instantly knocked off stage or is immobilized and dizzy (with stars flying around their head as in Bomberman 64).
Then, Bomberman jumps on the back of Pommy and rides around the stage with increased speed and jumping ability. He can drop as much as 10 bombs at one time and quickly as desired. Pommy is also able to attack opponents (i.e-biting). Duration: 15 secs.

Item: Virus! (Skull from Bomberman 64)
-Fire- user spontaneously combusts and is on fire for around 10 secs. User can touch other players which temporarily lits them afire (5 secs). Does damage overtime to user.
-Big- user becomes larger, heavier, and stronger, but slower and much lower jump.
-Small- user becomes smaller, much higher jumps, and faster, but weaker and more easily knocked away.
-Jammed- user cannot stop moving but its able to change direction and jump. Speed increases over time.
-Reverse- all controller moves are reversed. Up is crouch, Down is jump, B is A, etc.
-Ghost- user cannot receive or use physical attacks. User can now hijack an opponent and semi-control them.
-Stun- User can barely move, but can take slightly more damage.

Entrance- Rides in on his pet, Pommy. Pommy runs away scared right before the battle starts.

Kirby- Standard pink Kirby but with Bomberman eyes ( | | ) and antennae.

Taunt: Celebrates as in Bomberman 64

Costumes-
White Bomber
Black Bomber
Red Bomber
Blue Bomber
Gold Bomber

Winning Poses-
1.Does backflip and smiles as in Bomberman Hero.
2.Jumps and punches air above him while smiling.

Notes-
-Only 4 bombs can be placed on the field at once.
-Other Bombermen can kick other Bombermen's bombs.
-Any attacks upon a bomb would explode immediately.
-If Bomberman lands on one of his bombs he will do a low bounce. Pumped bombs give him higher bounces.
-All Virus effects (except Fire) has a chance to be passed on to an opponent. Opponents with higher health percentage have a higher chance of receiving the Virus. Its duration is restarted everytime it is passed on.
dakirbydude
Bomberman

Post#35  Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:31 am  Reply with quote + 
Bomberman in Brawl would certainly be a cool idea since Nintendo has opened up the game to 3rd party games.

I'd rather Nintendo kept Brawl a game with only first party things, but since Nintendo has opened the game up to 3rd party developers, I'd like to see Bomberman. If not a character, he could easily be an assist trophy.
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#36  Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:43 pm  Reply with quote + 
DJ_Napps wrote:
Entrance- Rides in on his pet, Pommy. Pommy runs away scared right before the battle starts.

Pommy is normally too small for bomberman to ride. He could do that in Max2 because he was shrunken down. Therefore I'd suggest the historical mount Louie the kangaroo.

Other than that, nice ideas :happy: 
TheSilverTwill
Bomberbie

Post#37  Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:30 pm  Reply with quote + 
Quick pic I drew on MS paint of Kirby after inhaling Bomberman:

He better move soon!!!
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#38  Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:01 am  Reply with quote + 
i'm going against everyone by saying this but first off, Bomberman wont be in brawl and he would need a very violent surge in popularity if he was to be in the next one, Altho Hudson have worked well with Nintendo, he is a multi format C-List video game character and thats not what Nintendo want. Lets not forget that Snake was only let in because his creator practically got on his knees and begged Shiggy.

and another thing, even if he was let in, his move set is very bland, all he does is lay bombs!!! different elements of bombs and powered up bombs, are still bombs! Dull! going back on what i said earlier, you would need to use an iteration of him when he wore something that could also be used, hence why i mentioned Bomber the Kid, he has guns and a whip, that would make it a bit more interesting.

A Bomberman trophy would sound a little saner, or maybe a challenge level where yur attacked by semi-well known 3rd party characters. Some sorta cameo at least
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#39  Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:22 am  Reply with quote + 
Hammer Bomber wrote:
i'm going against everyone by saying this but first off, Bomberman wont be in brawl and he would need a very violent surge in popularity if he was to be in the next one, Altho Hudson have worked well with Nintendo, he is a multi format C-List video game character and thats not what Nintendo want.

That's what I was trying to say earlier... :shifty: 
But nobody is listening.
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#40  Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:23 pm  Reply with quote + 
Dark Zaphe wrote:
That's what I was trying to say earlier... :shifty: 
But nobody is listening.

we know the score :veryhappy: 
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 2 of 5 Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1848s
Index - Back to Top