BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
Sora's Art Stuff
[Replies: 312]  [Views: 63567]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Artwork Section -> Bomberman Artwork

Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#241  Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:16 am  Reply with quote + 
heh, that's good.

I watched 1 episode of Madoka Magica when it first started. It looked pretty awesome and I'm probably gonna marathon it when it's done airing. lol, I haven't followed too many shows this season week to week. My anime spirit has been semi-dormant lately. I followed Mitsudomoe 2 till it finished and I am for the most part following Wandering Son now. I also started working on Gosick. I may watch that series in chunks every few weeks.
View user profile Send Private Message
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#242  Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:10 am  Reply with quote + 

AO3 | deviantArt | Tumblr
Bluesky | Twitter | Ko-Fi
Bombermanga | Bomber Base | B-Daman Now, Dog!

If I don't wield the bomb, I can't protect you. If I keep wielding the bomb, I can't embrace you.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#243  Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:16 am  Reply with quote + 
Yeah Ruki, why do you gotta be such a little bitch for?

Rukifellth's lionface at the end is the best. XD

Yeah, I lol'ed at this.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
TokiAlbatou
Bomberman

Post#244  Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:52 am  Reply with quote + 
I lol'd...so hard.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#245  Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:14 am  Reply with quote + 
Just looked at the madoka parody again. It was much better now that I've actually finished the show. Oh and that show was amazing btw. I just finished it last weekend.
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#246  Posted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:03 am  Reply with quote + 

If I don't wield the bomb, I can't protect you. If I keep wielding the bomb, I can't embrace you.
BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#247  Posted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:09 am  Reply with quote + 
I enjoyed the last one. I think I would have dropped dead from laughter if I saw Zhael peeking in from somewhere.

Spoiler:
Pommy gets the girl. Just not how he wanted it to be.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#248  Posted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:35 pm  Reply with quote + 
Hmm... Bob-ombs in Bomberman... That could be interesting. They'd probably be like Pretty Bomber's bombs, I guess. Might be more interesting in a game like Bomberman 64.

Awesome art as always.
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#249  Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:47 am  Reply with quote + 

Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#250  Posted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:12 am  Reply with quote + 

BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#251  Posted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:22 am  Reply with quote + 
Regarding what you said about Regulus, (since I totally deleted my deviant art account ages ago) it's just one of those things a fan will always dream of but it'll be far out of his reach. Sadly. :cry:  I really like the idea of playing as boss characters. I'd adore a Bomberman game where I could play as each of the Knights, even if it didn't change anything from a gameplay standpoint. Max is kind of cool and all, I like his design, but ever since watching the Jetters anime, I just can't look at him the same way. He's like in this awkward spot where he's totally lost in translation, or something. But I guess I don't really know much about Max' background in the normal game canon. He's just sort of there, in my eyes.

I'm sure Regulus wouldn't have gamebreaking powers. You'd think the Hyper Plasma Bomb would be the most OP thing ever if you had access to it in a game, and yet somehow Bomberman Jetters turned that into a totally trash move, being so impractical all the time. :veryhappy: 

At least it looks kind of cool. :shifty: 
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#252  Posted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:52 am  Reply with quote + 
Quote:
But I guess I don't really know much about Max' background in the normal game canon. He's just sort of there, in my eyes.

He really doesn't have much of one in canon, as far as I can tell, so I'd have to agree with you on the "he's just sort of there" comments. I'm quite frankly surprised that he lasted as long as he did, since his design is so jarringly different from that of damn near everything else in Bomberverse (though the difference is not quite as stark in BMJ), but maybe that distinctiveness is exactly why he managed to garner a spot in multiple games. The guy had a quasi-cameo in Bomberman DS 2, for crying out loud!

Anyway. The closest we get to finding out about Max's background in the games is in Bomberman Tournament/Story, where it's suggested that he's originally from Phantarion, but that doesn't make much sense to me from a superficial standpoint and it's never expanded on. (Not that that stopped me from trying to work with it once upon a time.) Beyond that, he apparently works alongside Bomberman at Bomber Base as a friendly rival of some sort. The most personality he ever gets is in Bomberman Generation, where he appears for a handful of lines at the beginning and then pops up sporadically afterwards if you collect enough Lightning Cards and fail hard enough against the bosses. (My memory tells me that he gets slightly more dialogue in Tournament, but Generation seems more indicative of what his character type is.)

And I was being rather facetious with the "gamebreaker" comments. It would probably be more accurate to say that technically Regulus should have one of the most gamebreaking powers ever (witness all my hairpulling at trying to get his powers to work within the more "realistic" context of Fateful Meetings), but TSA's game engine nerfs it to being mostly impractical...though not as impractical as the BMJ game's Hyper Plasma Bomb, I agree. If I recall correctly, it doesn't even do any damage against the game's bosses, ffs.

Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#253  Posted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:14 am  Reply with quote + 
DarkFire4114 wrote:
I guess I don't really know much about Max' background in the normal game canon. He's just sort of there, in my eyes.

I will be linking this until the day that I die:

http://www.bombermanboard.com/viewtopic.php?p=15203#15203

All of the relevant text from the game is in my post topping the next page.

Duke Serkol once postulated that, because Phantarion, the world of Bomberman Story, is strikingly similar to the world of Neutopia II (both in layout and in monsters), that perhaps it IS indeed the same world, and perhaps Max is a descendant of the hero of Neutopia II, who was himself the son of the hero of Neutopia I (thus, a bloodline of heroes). Makes enough sense to me, and it's more than we'll ever get from the Escher-esque timeline of a canon...

Anyway. I also wanted to say "woah." As in "woah, that is a fantastic Ashtarth." Everything else is great, but... that is just a fantastic Ashtarth.

Oh, and also, Regulus's "game-breaking" nature could probably be overcome by making him the sole protagonist, giving him some kind of limitation (MP, cooldowns, something), and twisting the nature of the game so that his powers have to be used to solve certain puzzles, are ineffective against certain enemy types, etc... Furthermore, it wouldn't be that hard to come up with a story in which someone steals his elemental stone and drains his powers, and you have to collect them along the way...
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#254  Posted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:41 am  Reply with quote + 
Quote:
Furthermore, it wouldn't be that hard to come up with a story in which someone steals his elemental stone and drains his powers, and you have to collect them along the way...

I'm reminded of Tales of the Abyss, where one character actually starts out at like level 35 but then gets his powers sealed not long after he's introduced so that him "leveling up" over the course of the game is actually just him slowly undoing those seals. Dang, though, Regulus as the sole protag of a game would be so boss (so to speak). Would play the schnazz outta that.

RE: the Max backstory link, that was more-or-less what I went with when I was working with a Tournament-based history for him for one of my stories. (These days he's born and bred on Bomber Star, but he still tussled with Brain Bomber at some point prior and he ended up partially cybernetic from it. ...I think. I'm still working on this. He's tricky. At least for one of my ficverses.) But considering some of my own extrapolations/fabrications from Bombercanon, I didn't trust myself enough to say, yes, obviously everyone else drew the same conclusion from this source material as I did.

Off-topic, but I need a new sig graphic. /ponders possibilities

BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#255  Posted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:27 pm  Reply with quote + 
Sora G. Silverwind wrote:
And I was being rather facetious with the "gamebreaker" comments. It would probably be more accurate to say that technically Regulus should have one of the most gamebreaking powers ever (witness all my hairpulling at trying to get his powers to work within the more "realistic" context of Fateful Meetings), but TSA's game engine nerfs it to being mostly impractical

I think the biggest thing is having an attack that doesn't have a delay until it goes off, or less of a delay compared to a Bomb. Unless it's a Melee attack where it's dangerous to use, it really might remove a lot of challenge from the game.

Also, I find it funny that you mentioned Fateful Meetings. I totally immediately acknowledged it as your fanfiction... But it took me like half a minute to actually realize which fanfiction it is, specifically. Got it mixed up with some of your side things like Plundered Hearts. I don't remember much of that story (Fateful Meetings) anymore, it seems.

though not as impractical as the BMJ game's Hyper Plasma Bomb, I agree. If I recall correctly, it doesn't even do any damage against the game's bosses, ffs.

Actually, it does. It deals... 1 little heart of damage.

I would know. I played this game about a month ago.

I hate it.

Help, plasm :cry: 

Bomberman Tournament Dialgoue wrote:
Hahaha! I, Magnet Bomber, have already taken care of him!

Er, nevermind that thing about Max being kind of cool. He got owned by Magnet Bomber. *beep*ing Magnet Bomber. So lame. Complete loss of respect.

plasm wrote:
Oh, and also, Regulus's "game-breaking" nature could probably be overcome by making him the sole protagonist, giving him some kind of limitation (MP, cooldowns, something), and twisting the nature of the game so that his powers have to be used to solve certain puzzles, are ineffective against certain enemy types, etc... Furthermore, it wouldn't be that hard to come up with a story in which someone steals his elemental stone and drains his powers, and you have to collect them along the way...

If only. Though, aside from Max, as he's not really a villain in the Bomberman Games' canon, what games have there been that allow you to play as an antagonist?

I feel like I've asked this question before. I totally did, I just can't remember where or what the answer was. :happy: 

But considering some of my own extrapolations/fabrications from Bombercanon, I didn't trust myself enough to say, yes, obviously everyone else drew the same conclusion from this source material as I did.

I wish to challenge Soraverse.

One day, you and I will face off. And we will see who is the more insane fanfiction writer. :flame: 

One day...

...but not today.

Off-topic, but I need a new sig graphic. /ponders possibilities

I could like, take a screenshot of something retarded from my TSA Parodies, if you like.
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#256  Posted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:18 pm  Reply with quote + 
Quote:
Also, I find it funny that you mentioned Fateful Meetings. I totally immediately acknowledged it as your fanfiction... But it took me like half a minute to actually realize which fanfiction it is, specifically. Got it mixed up with some of your side things like Plundered Hearts. I don't remember much of that story (Fateful Meetings) anymore, it seems.

Yeeeaaaah no worries on that part. It's definitely been a while since I worked on it, since there's a lot of things tripping me up (not in the least of which is real life). Anyway, it's probably good that you don't remember most of it, since I'm kind of cringing at some (most?) of what I wrote. But I made a promise to myself that I wouldn't revise previously posted parts until I actually reached the end of the story. (The same promise, however, does not apply to things I haven't posted yet...) The fic isn't abandoned, it just needs to...incubate more, I guess. /insert inevitable Madoka joke here

Quote:
Actually, it does. It deals... 1 little heart of damage.

Whoops, yeah, you're right, I remember now. I thought about playing Jetters again since I got done with Generation, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to deal with the awful voice-acting for a game that didn't impress me the first time around. (Generation's voice-acting was at least entertainingly bad, save for Mujoe; I don't think I got that at all with Jetters.)

Quote:
Er, nevermind that thing about Max being kind of cool. He got owned by Magnet Bomber. *beep* Magnet Bomber. So lame. Complete loss of respect.

Well, the opening animation of Tournament did show that it was apparently Plasma who took down Max, so maybe Magnet figured he could brag a little for some street cred and it wouldn't matter as long as he killed Bomberman afterwards. :peace: 

Quote:
One day, you and I will face off. And we will see who is the more insane fanfiction writer.

Hudson acknowledged my fanfic superiority. I don't think you're going to beat that. :laugh: 

Quote:
I could like, take a screenshot of something retarded from my TSA Parodies, if you like.

Nah, I'll think of something. I got some other things I could mine for quotes.

BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#257  Posted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:24 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yeeeaaaah no worries on that part. It's definitely been a while since I worked on it, since there's a lot of things tripping me up (not in the least of which is real life). Anyway, it's probably good that you don't remember most of it, since I'm kind of cringing at some (most?) of what I wrote. But I made a promise to myself that I wouldn't revise previously posted parts until I actually reached the end of the story. (The same promise, however, does not apply to things I haven't posted yet...) The fic isn't abandoned, it just needs to...incubate more, I guess. /insert inevitable Madoka joke here

This sounds very familiar. Are you sure you are not me?

Though I'm pretty sure this applies to any writer.

Whoops, yeah, you're right, I remember now. I thought about playing Jetters again since I got done with Generation, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to deal with the awful voice-acting for a game that didn't impress me the first time around. (Generation's voice-acting was at least entertainingly bad, save for Mujoe; I don't think I got that at all with Jetters.)

I actually cracked up at Gangu's voice during the scenes where you made new Bombs. I normally do not laugh at bad voice acting, I just tolerate it, let it slide. Forget about it. But Gangu's voice made me laugh. I think that deserves some kind of reward.

Hudson acknowledged my fanfic superiority. I don't think you're going to beat that. :laugh: 

God damn it.

ONE DAY. :flame: 
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#258  Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:21 pm  Reply with quote + 
Quote:
Er, nevermind that thing about Max being kind of cool. He got owned by Magnet Bomber. *beep* Magnet Bomber. So lame. Complete loss of respect.

Well, the opening animation of Tournament did show that it was apparently Plasma who took down Max, so maybe Magnet figured he could brag a little for some street cred and it wouldn't matter as long as he killed Bomberman afterwards. :peace: 

Yep, pretty much. He makes the same claim in the Japanese version too, despite the glaring fact that Plasma did it...

Now, one could argue that perhaps whomever made the intro animation and whomever wrote the script had miscommunication, and that perhaps the script writer intended for Magnet to have actually beaten Max, while the intro animator intended for Plasma to have beaten him, but this seems to be incorrect. Later NPC dialogue strongly suggests that Max made it all the way to the Snow Zone, where Plasma Bomber was (you can read this in my game text dump topping the page following the page to which I linked in my previous post).

So the logical conclusion to draw here are that Magnet Bomber is a doofus who wants to seem badder than he actually is. And being taken down by Plasma Bomber isn't so humiliating. (Being beaten up by the same guys twice, though, the second time occurring years after the first, when you're supposed to be a strong protagonist... kind of is...)

Hahahah, yes. :hilarious: 

DarkFire4114 wrote:
God damn it.

ONE DAY. :flame: 

Oh man, this is almost like one of those inspiring underdog stories, in which the newcomer trains hard and rises up to challenge the master, but then it's not really like one of those stories at all so nevermind.
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#259  Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:01 pm  Reply with quote + 

Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#260  Posted: Fri May 09, 2014 11:17 pm  Reply with quote + 

Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Artwork Section -> Bomberman Artwork All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 13 of 16 Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2629s
Index - Back to Top