BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
A Legitimate Question
[Replies: 10]  [Views: 5127]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Artwork Section -> Bomberman Artwork
Users watching this topic: 1  
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#1  Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:55 pm  Reply with quote + 

Joke is as joke does: an old friend of mine used the same joke for a different purpose in a fic of his I MSTed, and it's stuck with me over the years, and I figured, well, why the hell not? You really do have to wonder where all those bombs come from. Bomberman answered the question in Nintendo Power by saying he had really deep pockets, but really, I think this makes much more sense. (Clearly "sense" does not mean what I think it means.)

Anyway, in contrast to my comic with Lilithaele and Orly!Pommy, where I wussed out and did practically everything on the computer, I went with the old-school method of a nib pen and actual tones for this one. But this comic was so simple in terms of both inking and toning that there really wasn't much to be gained by doing this by hand except the simple satisfaction of delicately cutting screentones with an X-Acto knife (which was loads better than doing it with my usual box cutter), so maybe I'm still a wussy when it comes to this sort of thing. I also found out that apparently ink can go bad - I opened up my container of Deleter #4 ink, dipped the nib in, pressed nib to paper, and nearly panicked when I realized the stuff was spreading faster than an STD on the paper. It was much less opaque and much more watery than it was when I last used the stuff, and my outlines came out way thicker than expected as a result. Looks like I'll have to hit up animegamers.com for some more supplies.

...should I just collect all the art I've posted on this forum into one topic? :hilarious: 

AO3 | deviantArt | Tumblr
Bluesky | Twitter | Ko-Fi
Bombermanga | Bomber Base | B-Daman Now, Dog!

If I don't wield the bomb, I can't protect you. If I keep wielding the bomb, I can't embrace you.
View user profile Send Private Message
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#2  Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:00 am  Reply with quote + 
Sora G. Silverwind wrote:
...should I just collect all the art I've posted on this forum into one topic? :hilarious: 

Sounds like a plan.

Anyway, glad to see a new comic :happy: 
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#3  Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:01 pm  Reply with quote + 
Nice comic. Quite humorous, really.

Oh, and single topic for artworks a pretty good idea. It'd be more organized that way.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#4  Posted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:07 pm  Reply with quote + 
Haha.... I you doing one like that before, I think. Monty Python rocks.

Oh, and a single topic wouldn't be that bad.... when you edit the first post and put up the new comic, another post saying that you put up the new comic would certainly attract attention beings that this forum is so barren most of the time.
Static Bomber
Bomberbie

Post#5  Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:20 pm  Reply with quote + 
I think that Bomberman actually builds bombs really fast, after all, that IS what he was originally designed to do.
dakirbydude
Bomberman

Post#6  Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:57 pm  Reply with quote + 
That was funny!

Anyway I would believe the NP explanation for one reason. My playing Bomberman Jetters would lead me to believe so for a few small details in that game. Anyway it should be more well known the answer because it's one of those things like Kirby's gender that's been answered many times yet there are people all over the place that wonder and have no clue.
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#7  Posted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:23 am  Reply with quote + 
Well, if we are to believe the Jetters explanation, the bombs come from within. This does not run contrary to him building/making them, as per the Famicom/NES Bomberman plot, so it's entirely possible that he sort of shifts his chi into physical form. There's extra materials there obviously, as per the outside of the bomb. The energy released could be seen as chi, with the external container a mere carbon balloon. Maybe behind his back he holds very firm a flexible carbon balloon and fills it with his unspent emotions. Then before we can blink, he's already attached a fuse top, much like the slight of hand balloon artists who like to do tricks as they are making you a balloon tommy gun. :laugh: 

It is as good an explanation as any, based on the range of plots that were official games. That or bomberman can teleport bombs from some magical bomb vault that only he and his bomber relatives know about. Only, to use their teleportation powers on anything but bombs (except themselves occasionally) would reveal the secret, and worse yet, possibly jeopardize their awesome party trick. I imagine it could also be something like Frodo with his one ring, only in their subspace world angry monsters spitting out bombs are waiting for them and they bring that back faster than we can notice them missing. Their ring could be in their belts. So do not trust any bomber tapping his belt just so.
Bomberjack

Post#8  Posted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:55 am  Reply with quote + 
DragonBomber wrote:
Well, if we are to believe the Jetters explanation, the bombs come from within. . . . it's entirely possible that he sort of shifts his chi into physical form. There's extra materials there obviously, as per the outside of the bomb. The energy released could be seen as chi, with the external container a mere carbon balloon.

In case anyone's curious, this is - more or less - pretty much the explanation I use in doing my Bomberman fics. :P Although I probably explained it somewhat along the course of Fateful Meetings so far...

AO3 | deviantArt | Tumblr
Bluesky | Twitter | Ko-Fi
Bombermanga | Bomber Base | B-Daman Now, Dog!

If I don't wield the bomb, I can't protect you. If I keep wielding the bomb, I can't embrace you.
HienFan
Bomberman

Post#9  Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:26 pm  Reply with quote + 
I remembered that comic it's one of the few with Kurobom in it it's my favourite work done by Sora G Silver Wind
chris_h
Bomberman

Post#10  Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:03 am  Reply with quote + 
Ever think what it would be like to play bomberman with only bomberman's sensory input? No birds eye visual view? So you have no idea what is going on?

I think he can 'see' from above. He has a built in radar or something. And I think the bombs come from the environment. He just activates them by willing it. Like the dinosaur eggs. They come from the environment.

It is an arena setup for bomberman. Ever play those levels with sparse hard blocks rather than a checkerboard pattern? Why do bombs only explode left and right, up and down, and not diagonal? It is because they are not real bombs designed as weapons, but bombs designed for the gladiator fight which is bomberman.
Birdyfan
Bombertrainee

Post#11  Posted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:22 pm  Reply with quote + 
XD, that brightened up my evening.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Artwork Section -> Bomberman Artwork All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2018s
Index - Back to Top