Found a Rare Copy of Bomberman World for PSX
[Replies: 24]  [Views: 11534]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: 1, 2  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General

ChronoBall X
Bomberdude

Post#1  Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:55 pm  Reply with quote + 
Today, me and my Older brother were at the Flea Market today and I managed to find a Copy of Bomberman World for Playstation 1 by Atlus :P

this was one of the hardest Bomberman Ganes to find in a used store.
View user profile Send Private Message
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#2  Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:31 am  Reply with quote + 
alot of bomberman games made before the current generation are getting hard to find. I was lucky when i found a copy of Bomberman Fantasy Race..

Lmao it was only 3 bucks in the EB games playstation 1 bin. It didn't have its booklet anymore but it was the first (and still the only) copy I ever found so I immiediately bought it. Besides, 3 bucks....
ChronoBall X
Bomberdude

Post#3  Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:23 am  Reply with quote + 
must have been a tough game to find, but yeah, Bomberman World costed 16 bucks for me and still had the booklet inside :P

On a sidenote, I also Picked up Bomberman PSP last week for PSP,really fun way better than the first DS bomberman game, but the PSP game borrows alot of elements from the Super Bomberman Games, and they re-use the same Stock system, But overall,the game is awsome and it's multiplayer is awsome.

In PSP's instruction Booklet,they refer to Bagular as Professor Bagular.
Bomber_Al
Bomberdude

Post#4  Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:26 am  Reply with quote + 
There is Bomberman World (J) on Torrent Spy, but very few seed and yet there some people are download, right now. However it is over 600mb :surprise: 
Here's link, but is a TORRENT!
http://www.torrentspy.com/torrent/790783/Bomberman_World_J_PSX
Glair Bomber
Bomberdude

Post#5  Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:10 pm  Reply with quote + 
At Gamestop a few months ago, I found a Bomberman game for PS1 too... umm, I think it was Bomberman Party or something? I can't remember. Anyways, it was $8. Pretty good, I guess.

Hero the level 43 Meowth!
CrystalBomber
Bomberdude

Post#6  Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:44 pm  Reply with quote + 
I have Bomberman Fantasy Race and Bomberman Party both for PSX. Bomberman World was something that I was always interested in though. I wonder if I'll ever be able to get it.
FireFox516
Bombertrainee

Post#7  Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:06 pm  Reply with quote + 
I remember when my cousin let me borrow Bomberman World way back when... but that was what, four years ago? I don't really remember anything about that game other than I had some trouble seeing some of the items every now and then...

On another note, I found Bomberman Fantasy Race in an old CD case yesterday; I really like the opening anime cutscene a lot.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#8  Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:23 pm  Reply with quote + 
congrats on finding a hard to find game, mang.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#9  Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:16 pm  Reply with quote + 
Bomber_Al wrote:
There is Bomberman World (J) on Torrent Spy

Aww, me wants English text (Unless... is there actually text in the game? Storyline wise, I mean, not battle mode options. Many games like all SBMans had none)
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#10  Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:47 am  Reply with quote + 
i used to rent Bomberman Fantesy Race every now and then from the rental store four or five years back, i absolutely loved that game
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#11  Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:54 pm  Reply with quote + 
....I guess I was lucky, because I just found it in a store and bought it.... wasn't even looking for it. I didn't realize that it was rare, but then I didn't know that its predecessor Bomberman Wars wasn't released in the U.S.

Also, I bought Bomberman Party back when it had been recently released.... it was a lot more than eight bucks at that time.
Bonk
Bomberdude

Post#12  Posted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:38 pm  Reply with quote + 
I found a copy of this at a local used gaming store too about a week ago. 5 bucks with the instructions and everything. I played up to the final world but I never finished it and haven't touched it in a few days. I didn't care for it as much as the PC Engine and SNES bombermans. Soundtrack is nice though.
Duke Serkol wrote:
Bomber_Al wrote:
There is Bomberman World (J) on Torrent Spy

Aww, me wants English text (Unless... is there actually text in the game? Storyline wise, I mean, not battle mode options. Many games like all SBMans had none)
The plot is pretty much nonexistent, haven't played the J version but I would assume it's the same.
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#13  Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:30 pm  Reply with quote + 
But is there plot text? Or is it all narrated by text devoid pictures?
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#14  Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:39 am  Reply with quote + 
On the topic of rare or hard to find Bomberman games....

Something I've kind of found amusing. When Bomberman Jetters came out I couldn't find it anywhere. Even the store I preordered it from never got any copies. Most of the other stores I asked never heard of it or told me it hasn't come in. Now I'm finding copies of the game used every so often. Yesterday I gave in and bought it for 8 bucks. How is it a game that practically was never released in my area has a moderate number of used copies now? Anyway that's what amused me. I've seen the game new once in my entire life as opposed to seeing it used 10-15 times now.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#15  Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:56 pm  Reply with quote + 
STORYLINE FOR BOMBERMAN WORLD:

(WARNING: Spoilers from Bomberman Wars, but they're not really big since this is Bomberman and you'd expect them to happen anyway.)

Back in the "Middle Ages" of the Bomberman world (during Bomberman Wars), a group of evil Bombermen called the Dark Force Bombers probably tried to take over the world or something, since I don't have the Bomberman Wars game and don't exactly know, but that's what they all do, so.... anyway, a group of good Bombermen (who happen to be the multiplayer characters in Bomberman World) banded together to stop the Dark Force Bombers and sealed them in crystals.

Present Day -- Four crystals emerge from the surface of four seperate worlds and fly through space to an ominous light. When they arrive, they break open, freeing the "dead" bodies of the Dark Force Bombers -- Earth Bomber, Wind Bomber, Fire Bomber, and Aqua Bomber. The light revives them and transforms them in to modern, more powerful forms. They take their orders from the light and flash off towards the planets again, corrupting them as the light is revealed to be none of than Bagular. Well what did you expect? Meanwhile, Shirobon is flying along through the galaxy when he sees a green light fly into the Earth World. Knowing this can't be good, he investigates and thus the story begins.

GAMEPLAY SYNOPSIS
Basically, you go through three stages where you power up, kill off enemies, and collect blue crystals. On the fourth stage, you meet a Dark Force Bomber, who enters on an "Armor" and seals it away. You defeat the bad Bomber, who flies off screen, and enter the fifth and final stage where you confront a huge boss machine, blow it into next Tuesday (where they will probably attack you again, as all Bomberman bosses do :hilarious:  ), then seal the Dark Force Bomber into the blue crystals you collected.

Each world is fairly short, and there are five in all. Also, it's only one player.
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#16  Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:19 pm  Reply with quote + 
Dark Zaphe wrote:
GAMEPLAY SYNOPSIS
Basically, you go through three stages where you power up, kill off enemies, and collect blue crystals. On the fourth stage, you meet a Dark Force Bomber, who enters on an "Armor" and seals it away. You defeat the bad Bomber, who flies off screen, and enter the fifth and final stage where you confront a huge boss machine, blow it into next Tuesday (where they will probably attack you again, as all Bomberman bosses do :hilarious:  ), then seal the Dark Force Bomber into the blue crystals you collected.

Each world is fairly short, and there are five in all. Also, it's only one player.

So... I take it that means no in game text. Right?
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#17  Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:37 pm  Reply with quote + 
No text.... but each of the Dark Force Bombers speak to you (voice overs, not text) before you fight them, after you defeat them, and once you seal them with the blue crystals.... by the way, does anybody know what Bagular says after his boss machine blows up? I couldn't understand what he was saying.
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#18  Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:31 pm  Reply with quote + 
Oh! Does anybody know if they are dubbed in the English version of the game? (Hey, considering past games that is not a given :wink: )
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#19  Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:50 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yes, of course they are. Examples:

Earth Bomber(before battle): See? I can crack through the earth! Feel my power, Bomberman!
(Defeated): How was I beaten so badly?!
(Sealed in crystal): This can't be!!!!

Only problem is that Bagular is kind of hard to understand sometimes....
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#20  Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:51 pm  Reply with quote + 
I guess all other dialogues (with the possible exception of Bagular's) are about as deep and involved with plot twisting revelations such as "Behold! I, Fire Bomber, can control fire! Admit it you never saw that coming!"

Right? :wink: 
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 2 Page: 1, 2  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1677s
Index - Back to Top