BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
Has the 250 Wii price convinced you to get it on launch?
[Replies: 26]  [Views: 12274]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: 1, 2  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Users watching this topic: 1  
Poll Results

When will you be getting the Wii?
Midnight
 35%  [ 5 ]
Not On Launch But Soon After
 21%  [ 3 ]
Eventually
 21%  [ 3 ]
Maybe After A Price Drop
 21%  [ 3 ]
I Won't Be Getting One
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes: 14

The voting period has ended on this poll.
Sep 20, 2006  to  Nov 14, 2006

Razon
Board Admin

Post#1  Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:30 pm  Reply with quote + 
For all of you that don't know, it will be launching in the USA on November 19th- bundled with Wii Sports for 250.00.

I myself will be getting it at launch, maybe go to the Nintendo World Store if they're holding a midnight launch for it.
Omata
Bomberdude

Post#2  Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:11 pm  Reply with quote + 
Maybe for Christmas for me. >_>

Though I'd likely buy it on the spot. I've been convinced long ago.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#3  Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:29 pm  Reply with quote + 
Voted eventually.

Maybe for Christmas, like Omata said.

Unless my bro decides to buy one, but i doubt it.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
View user profile Send Private Message
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#4  Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:38 am  Reply with quote + 
SSJ-Sonic 254 wrote:
Voted eventually.

Maybe for Christmas, like Omata said.

Unless my bro decides to buy one, but i doubt it.

Hey I'm gonna buy it you punk!

It'll probably be shortly after launch though, probably not the very day. My wallet only has so much power and late fall/early winter is a bad season to be a gamer. Besides, Phantasy Star universe is coming out before this.

By the way i voted not on launch but shortly after.
Glair Bomber
Bomberdude

Post#5  Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:20 pm  Reply with quote + 
Hehe, I guess I'm not as hardcore as you guys are. :oops:  I've gotten all my consoles so far after they've been out for a while and have gone through a few price-drops, so I'll probably end up doing that for the Wii as well, if I decide to get one at all. I'm not exactly psyched for it, though, so I'll have to see.

Hero the level 43 Meowth!
CrystalBomber
Bomberdude

Post#6  Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:07 pm  Reply with quote + 
Hmm.. Maybe for Xmas or once the price drops if I buy it myself.
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#7  Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:18 pm  Reply with quote + 
Either my brother will ask for it for Christmas...or he'll starve himself at the cafeteria at school to save lunch money up to buy the sucker.

AO3 | deviantArt | Tumblr
Bluesky | Twitter | Ko-Fi
Bombermanga | Bomber Base | B-Daman Now, Dog!

If I don't wield the bomb, I can't protect you. If I keep wielding the bomb, I can't embrace you.
alexa999
Bomberdude

Post#8  Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:06 pm  Reply with quote + 
Ever since it was announced I planned to get it on launch day, the 250 price just gave me a better idea of how much to save.
FireFox516
Bombertrainee

Post#9  Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:09 pm  Reply with quote + 
I'm definetely getting the Wii at launch. I plan on getting the console, Zelda: Twilight Princess(though I'm not sure which version... -_-), and another game... which I have no idea what it will be, yet.
Glair Bomber
Bomberdude

Post#10  Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:48 pm  Reply with quote + 
Twilight Princess!! I am deffinitely getting that for Gamecube, since I probably won't have a Wii when it comes out. xD

The Wii controller scares me, though. I don't really want to sit in front of the TV and wave my arms around like an idiot while playing video games. :annoyed: So I'd rather stick with my good ol' Gamecube. I heard a rumor you can plug in your Gamecube controllers into the Wii, though. Is that true?

Hero the level 43 Meowth!
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#11  Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:20 am  Reply with quote + 
Confermed on the gc controllers... plus alot of games will use the classic controller, i myself think 250 is a bit much for me. Which consol will win the homebrew revolution... unless its ps3 it will be the system i get, that ps3 is not a system i will own for over 200 bucks.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#12  Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:29 pm  Reply with quote + 
fireball87 wrote:
Confermed on the gc controllers... plus alot of games will use the classic controller, i myself think 250 is a bit much for me. Which consol will win the homebrew revolution... unless its ps3 it will be the system i get, that ps3 is not a system i will own for over 200 bucks.

more like over 600 dollars...

For the PS3 system alone...

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#13  Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:24 am  Reply with quote + 
Do you understand his post he said the ps3 is not a system he would own for over 200 bucks. So if its less then that he'll get it maybe.

In other words... Heh
You won't be getting one for a long long time......

Quote:
Which consol will win the homebrew revolution... unless its ps3 it will be the system i get

So you're saying whoever does better between Xbox 360 and Wii will be the one you choose? Assuming they aren't beaten by PS3.... Meh, don't base your choice on the opinion of the general crowd. Do some more examination and get something you think you'll enjoy.
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#14  Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:54 am  Reply with quote + 
soon after, i wont get it on launch but i plan to get one within two weeks of it, im not shure what price it is in England tho, im guessing around the £150 mark
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#15  Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:36 pm  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
Quote:
Which consol will win the homebrew revolution... unless its ps3 it will be the system i get

So you're saying whoever does better between Xbox 360 and Wii will be the one you choose? Assuming they aren't beaten by PS3.... Meh, don't base your choice on the opinion of the general crowd. Do some more examination and get something you think you'll enjoy.

This is what i mean, i'll support whichever console best allows the average joe to develop his own game/code for the machine. But to be honest it doesn't really matter, it will be atleast 50 bucks of price drops before i concider any new system. And when i do decide to upgrade my system, it will just be to the one i think is the best deal.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#16  Posted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:40 am  Reply with quote + 
Ugh, now i'm not so sure if I'll be getting it soon after or much longer after...

Is it just me or does anyone else think the system's launch titles lineup sucks?

http://www.gamestop.com/productmerch.asp?groupid=561&affid=3000&source=0919

The only game in there I have even a slight interest in is Red Steel. Unless some more interesting games are announced for shortly after the launch I'll probly wait till Smash bros... I mean you guys can argue Zelda all you want but I've never cared for the Zelda series.
Razon
Board Admin

Post#17  Posted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:51 pm  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
Ugh, now i'm not so sure if I'll be getting it soon after or much longer after...

Is it just me or does anyone else think the system's launch titles lineup sucks?

The only game in there I have even a slight interest in is Red Steel. Unless some more interesting games are announced for shortly after the launch I'll probly wait till Smash bros... I mean you guys can argue Zelda all you want but I've never cared for the Zelda series.
There are a few games not listed on there, one of them I know for sure is excite truck. I'll be picking up Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz & Excite Truck at launch, since Wii Sports comes with- that's one less thing to buy.
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#18  Posted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:41 pm  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:

I wasn't interested in the Zelda series after they did Wind Waker because those games seemed bland and shallow to me. However, Twilight Princess looks to be an interesting experience, so you can bet that this one, at least, will be getting it. And even if I didn't want it, my brother definitely would, so I'd be getting it whether I wanted to or not. :hilarious:  Other than that, though, I do agree that the line-up sucks. I'd think they would at least have a Mario title in there, but I guess Zelda's going to stand-in for Mario this time?

Now, if we could just see some Bomberman games for Wii...but patience is a virtue and all that. :cry: 

AO3 | deviantArt | Tumblr
Bluesky | Twitter | Ko-Fi
Bombermanga | Bomber Base | B-Daman Now, Dog!

If I don't wield the bomb, I can't protect you. If I keep wielding the bomb, I can't embrace you.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#19  Posted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:44 pm  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:

But what about Madden NFL '07? (shot)

Red Steel is the sword-fighting game, right? Then yes, I'd like that, but is that really reason enough to get the Wii right away?

But yeah, a rather large amount of the launch titles there suck. Well now...

This sux.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#20  Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:59 am  Reply with quote + 
I agree, this sucks!

Red Steel is a sword fighting/gun shooting game. I'm guessing it'll be a weird combonation of a light gun and Makken X. Using the Wiimote is a pretty cool concept for that type of game so one like this being made was to be expected.

*shrug* I dunno, Seeing as how i'm going to get the system at some point anyways if I have the money I'll probably just get it right away. The only problem is it'll be sitting there with Red Steel in it for perhaps monthes before we start getting major use out of it...
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 2 Page: 1, 2  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2149s
Index - Back to Top