BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
Bomberman: Act Zero gets a 2.9 from Gamespot.
[Replies: 49]  [Views: 22150]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General

Bonk
Bomberdude

Post#21  Posted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:44 pm  Reply with quote + 
Hudson is a Japanese company with little financial interest in the western gaming market, as they have shown over the years with only 50% of their releases escaping Japan; after the N64 days (which everyone agrees were the greatest, why lie) they stopped making anything but trash; after being bought out by Konami they abandoned the pretense of actually putting effort into their product and delivered Mighty Morphin Bomberman and now this piece, the lowpoint of their entire existence. I sincerely doubt they're dying to read any fanmail from us westerners.
View user profile Send Private Message
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#22  Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:03 pm  Reply with quote + 
ah well it was just an idea, and is far as im concerned the snes games were the best
ChronoBall X
Bomberdude

Post#23  Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:06 pm  Reply with quote + 
I knew all along that Game was gonna suck ass, Thank god I did'nt get a 360 yet, This pathetic Attempt by Hudson trying to make the game Darker so that they can get people to buy more Bomberman games failed.

The Master Cheif Ripoff was not the way to go, Come on Hudson, if your gonna make a dark bomberman Game, have Max as the main character with a gun with white Bomber as a supporting Character, like with Sega's Shadow the Hedgehog.

On a sidenote, I beleive that Act Zero is based more on Bomber King for Nes than the Regular series, because in Bomber King, it had a Main character who looked simalar to the master Cheif Rip off and uses the same style Plasma Bombs.
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#24  Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:34 pm  Reply with quote + 
ChronoBall X wrote:
Bomber King, it had a Main character who looked simalar to the master Cheif Rip off and uses the same style Plasma Bombs.

Actually no, Bomberking's bombs were more like the Bomberman 64 bombs in that they had a round blast radius, and his design was sleek, not like an approximative prototype (you know, with tubes, asymmetrical metal plates etc.)
However, yes, the story and art for the game was darker than any other BMan games so far. And it was a (not quite direct) sequel to the original Bomberman game, upon which the story for Act Zero was based as well as the cybernetic new look, that is an almost exact transposition of the original Japanese box for the NES Bomberman.

Speaking of the story for Act Zero... I wonder if I'll ever get to see/read about the ending (if it has one)
I don't suppose anyone has uploaded it to youtube or something, uh?
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#25  Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:03 pm  Reply with quote + 
Maybe nobody has beat it.

Also, Hudson's lack of care for people outside of Japan annoys me.... more people need to know about Bomberman! Nobody I know in real life owns a Bomberman game, and if they do, it's Jetterz!

But, and don't quote me, but one day, I suspect we will find a way to spread Bomberman....dom.... across the west. Please don't quote me on that though. :oops: 

Please.
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#26  Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:21 pm  Reply with quote + 
I'm pretty sure somebody has. Either to make the best (worse) of the money spent or by sheer stubborness. And if they had not, how would they know the game ends after level 99? (Could be written in the manual, but given the care they put in the game, I don't really imagine it having any useful info)
Bonk
Bomberdude

Post#27  Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:56 am  Reply with quote + 
Dark Zaphe wrote:
Why how dare you imply that our reputable video gaming review industry is so lacking in journalistic integrity as to not acually complete the games they review? For shame.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#28  Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:35 am  Reply with quote + 
I completely agree with you Kuttlas. I'm sure reviewers get as much out of a game they review as they can.

Allthough I have to say there really are games you can tell are terrible without beating them.... Hell, without even playing them sometimes... The poor reviewer just goes through the torture and agony just to make absoultey sure for you.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#29  Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:35 pm  Reply with quote + 
Kuttlas wrote:
Dark Zaphe wrote:
Why how dare you imply that our reputable video gaming review industry is so lacking in journalistic integrity as to not acually complete the games they review? For shame.

Ha ha ha ha.... I don't agree with most reviewers anyway, so I don't pay attention to how "reputable" they are in the first place. Although not in this case. I didn't think about the reviewer. But I doubt the game is very different from beginning to end.
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#30  Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:29 pm  Reply with quote + 
Dark Zaphe wrote:
But I doubt the game is very different from beginning to end.

For that matter, I couldn't find out if the game actually has monsters in 1 player mode, as typical of Bomberman or if it keeps putting you against cp controller Bombers (like Bomberman GB/Wario Blast)
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#31  Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:52 pm  Reply with quote + 
That's true.... what the heck would a Ballom look like?! Maybe it would be like a floating mechanical orb with a laser-shooting eye-thingy on it...
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#32  Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:48 pm  Reply with quote + 
Any fans of McGoohan's The Prisoner?
Pikabutcher
Bomberbie

Post#33  Posted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:54 pm  Reply with quote + 
Ao Bomber wrote:
Of course the whole board knew this game was gonna blow, hell, even Pikabutcher foresaw this. :xeyes: 

Hell, even Pikabutcher? Something's gotta be wrong here. That guy is never right.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#34  Posted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:10 pm  Reply with quote + 
Nope, he's never right. :P
ChronoBall X
Bomberdude

Post#35  Posted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:52 pm  Reply with quote + 
Anyone ever noticed that Act Zero is selling better than Bomberman PSP?

In Best Buy and Walmart, they have lots of Copy of Act Zero but hardly any copies of Bomberman PSP in my area.

But However, Bomberman PSP are easy to track down at gamestop and EB games in my area

In my opinion, I think the reason why Act Zero is Selling more Copies than PSP Bomberman, because like alot of other people said, it's basically an attempt to get people to buy more Bomberman games because all people care about is graphics and violence.
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#36  Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:56 am  Reply with quote + 
Speaking of Bomberman PSP, is that even worth getting a PSP for? :/

AO3 | deviantArt | Tumblr
Bluesky | Twitter | Ko-Fi
Bombermanga | Bomber Base | B-Daman Now, Dog!

If I don't wield the bomb, I can't protect you. If I keep wielding the bomb, I can't embrace you.
Pikabutcher
Bomberbie

Post#37  Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:18 am  Reply with quote + 
No.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#38  Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:23 am  Reply with quote + 
Pikabutcher wrote:
Ao Bomber wrote:
Of course the whole board knew this game was gonna blow, hell, even Pikabutcher foresaw this. :xeyes: 

Hell, even Pikabutcher? Something's gotta be wrong here. That guy is never right.

Heh, I guess they just wanted to mention you since you were technically no longer with the board. However, that doesn't really seem to be the case. because whenever your name is mentioned you mysteriously show up and make a comment.

You see guys all along Pikabutcher has been watching over us. He may not be our admin anymore but its sort of like he's always here since he always seems to know when he's being talked about.

lol, have you been lurking here the past 2 years or what?
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#39  Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:06 pm  Reply with quote + 
bomberman PSP is one of those games that you would get outta the bargain bucket for £5 to boost the number of games you had, its just another generic bomberman game, nothing special
ChronoBall X
Bomberdude

Post#40  Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:40 pm  Reply with quote + 
Actually, Bomberman PSP is''nt half bad, sure the 1 player mode is Dull and just recycles levels and boss's from the Super Bomberman Games, but the Multiplayer is just as good as ever, has over 20 battle stages,plus it has Wi fi connection, it may not be as good as the upcoming Touch Bomberman, but a heck of alot better than the first Bomberman DS.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 2 of 3 Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2281s
Index - Back to Top