BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
Natia
[Replies: 5]  [Views: 5951]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Artwork Section -> Bomberman Artwork

Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#1  Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:16 am  Reply with quote + 

Yeah, uh. It's been a while. Say hello to Natia, female villainess from the game Bomberman Hero for N64. She has a pet one-eyed laser-firing robotic spider named Cronus, and when she's not busy siccing him on Bomberman, she's hurling knives and whipping the hell out of anyone nearby. Also, she has an annoying laugh.

-Ewwwww. I hate the way the whip turned out. I suspect this is partly due to me BSing it on the computer (since originally this wasn't intended to be a CG, it was a sketch that happened to turn out fairly cool) and partly because I have no skills. Lawlz.

-And I need to work on my shading. It's supposed to be a mix of soft and hard shading, but the soft shading always turns out messy and crappy. The top of her head is way too sharp in contrast to the other parts of her. I was going to leave this just at hard cel-shading, but then decided to get some practice in. And, uh...yeah. I need the practice.

-I wish I could do more dynamic poses. Not that this pose isn't dynamic, but every time I do a pose that's action-y like this, it's always a few degrees short of being truly dynamic and energetic. Here, I think I could have done a lot better if I distorted the arm that's holding the whip a bit and did more exaggerated foreshortening. I was trying for it in the original sketch, but it totally didn't come across that way.

-Eff this background. I just didn't want a stupid gradient like with my two previous CGs.

-I really do hate the shading on her face.

You know, Misty from Bomberman Jetters is like the bastard child of Natia and Lilith - she has Natia's feline features but Lilith's occupation and outfit. Coincidence? Most likely. :xeyes: 

AO3 | deviantArt | Tumblr
Bluesky | Twitter | Ko-Fi
Bombermanga | Bomber Base | B-Daman Now, Dog!

If I don't wield the bomb, I can't protect you. If I keep wielding the bomb, I can't embrace you.
View user profile Send Private Message
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#2  Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:16 am  Reply with quote + 
Very impressive!:P

And yeah, I see what you mean about Misty.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#3  Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:44 pm  Reply with quote + 
Thats pretty cool. How often does one see fan art for such a unknown character? Most of the time bomberman fan art is just the popular characters like pommy and bomberman. Seeing minor boss characters from minor bomberman games is nifty. Natia was one of the few cool bosses in that game. Most of them were big goofy animals.

Good work.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#4  Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:07 am  Reply with quote + 
It's a pretty good drawing. Pretty good. It's always nice to see cool minor characters from minor games being drawn.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
FireFox516
Bombertrainee

Post#5  Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:52 pm  Reply with quote + 
Nice drawing, and the coloring is top-notch! ^_^

And actually, I like how the whip looks... very intimidating.
truth's zelot
Bomberbie

Post#6  Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:06 pm  Reply with quote + 
i've only seen one other atempt at her and have tryed to do so my self,
but yours is undinyable supirior. big thumbs up!:D
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Artwork Section -> Bomberman Artwork All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1349s
Index - Back to Top