[Replies: 270]  [Views: 55036]
Users browsing this topic: 2 Guests
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General
Users watching this topic: 4  
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#61  Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:27 am  Reply with quote + 
well, all within good reason. Loving the grin. Eyes in-particular sometimes cut the raw edge of such expressions

I've never been too fussed about my face on the net all-tho having said that i do make sure what i put up outside of facebook is outdated. I don't look particularly distinguishable so if someone did try and find me, first they would have to find me :P . We don't really have many maniacs in the UK, Just Chavs.
View user profile Send Private Message
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#62  Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:06 pm  Reply with quote + 
I also like to keep somewhat invisible online, though I like to keep invisible in both directions. I'm a tad more afraid that someone I don't want to find me from offline would find me online then anything else really.

So here is my partially obscured photo of the moment. RIP my fedora... who died in a hideous smashing accident. I don't think I'll ever be able to reshape it, though I'll pick up another one sooner or later almost certainly.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#63  Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:29 am  Reply with quote + 
Those fedora hats are so awesome. My bro has one.

Concerning this whole privacy issue, In my case I don't really care. I haven't done anything to anger anyone so badly that they'd want to go to the effort of tracking me down. I'm generally a pretty well-behaved person that doesn't like to fuel the fire so I think I'm safe. I'm not too worried about people offline finding me either. If they do, I don't really have anything bad that could come out of it.
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#64  Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:20 am  Reply with quote + 
That is a cool hat, yeah. RIP. :( The only hat I ever seem to wear is a pink camouflage toboggan with my old college's logo on it. Very unique even on campus since they only sold them for a little while. I managed to get their Cookie Monster party animal shirts as well on clearance. :idea: I also wear bandannas and wraps to keep my hair in place besides the gripping scrunchie. Not found any hats yet that screamed: wear me!

I respect others' privacy online, naturally. I have been lucky in my Internet dealings since '96 when I got online for the first time. I found IRC then, and once you become a regular to channels there meeting people is almost a given. Never been ripped off somehow, despite being both a seller and a buyer on eBay since 1998. Only nearly was ripped once on some PS2 fliptop set from a dodgy Canadian site of Chinese origin, but I canceled that card when I realized the problem. Was me not doing enough research and being impulsive, though I look a lot up.

At this point in my digital life, there is way too much out there for me to worry too much. The good thing is I still keep some stuff private and share some things with no one, despite how much I ramble and how much you CAN find about me online. :wink:  People seem disinterested in me and I tend not to make many enemies, or ones who try hard to bring me down. So far.
Bomberjack

Post#65  Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:21 pm  Reply with quote + 
I'm a hat person, something I adopted to keep the hair out of my eyes when my hair was long. I just ended up wearing them even when I have short hair. My current hat is this one I bought off ebay cause I was looking for a hat that was both nerdy enough and awesome enough for standard wearing. I like it...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_d11yvnxANb8/R1oFYnaIeNI/AAAAAAAABa0/Ro3NiZrdnfU/s1600-h/piratemac-cap.jpg
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#66  Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:12 pm  Reply with quote + 
lol, thats a neat hat.

I'm not much of a hat person. I have some caps but hardly ever wear them. My favorite hat that I actually wear sometimes is a black berret.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#67  Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:19 pm  Reply with quote + 
I'm something of a "on-and-off" hat guy. There have been sessions that I wear my hat for the longest time, and then the next day I'll switch to no hat for a while (although I probably am in "on" mode more often then "off", so to say).

It's kind of funny you guys are talking about fedoras, I'm currently wearing mine again, started wearing it today, in fact. It's a nice and comfy hat, it's just a tad bit too loose for my liking. During some windy days, I have to hold it just to make sure it doesn't go flying off or anything. Otherwise, I'm usually wearing a baseball cap (that's a bit nerdy, of course).

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
MATTHEWGU4
Bomberdude

Post#68  Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:27 pm  Reply with quote + 

I've never been able to get that hairstyle again. D: My hairs getting Beatle long. x3
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#69  Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:27 pm  Reply with quote + 
Just a little update from Reg. It's just me, my game and anime collections and the majority of my figures this time.

I took these pics with my webcam so that explains the weird angles for some of them.

~Me at my comp~

~My anime/dvd and cd shelf~
It's a new one I bought last summer. It's huge! alot of the stuff in it is filler. Its for my anime mainly but only about half the shelf is filled with anime currently.

~Closeup of anime~

~Videogame shelves~
my carts

my discs

~Figures~
main figures

collectable minis

some of them are also in the middle of the shelving. (My Valis and Phantasy Star Universe displays)

Enjoy and feel free to comment!
Mighty
Bomberman

Post#70  Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:06 am  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
Just a little update from Reg. It's just me, my game and anime collections and the majority of my figures this time.

I took these pics with my webcam so that explains the weird angles for some of them.

~Me at my comp~

~My anime/dvd and cd shelf~
It's a new one I bought last summer. It's huge! alot of the stuff in it is filler. Its for my anime mainly but only about half the shelf is filled with anime currently.

~Closeup of anime~

~Videogame shelves~
my carts

my discs

~Figures~
main figures

collectable minis

some of them are also in the middle of the shelving. (My Valis and Phantasy Star Universe displays)

Enjoy and feel free to comment!

O.O
That's a big collection of stuff you got there.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#71  Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:37 pm  Reply with quote + 
hehe, yeah I've definately put alot of time, money and effort into it. especially in the past few years. Now that I'm living in my own apartment, (which in itself is pretty awesome) I have to pay bills. The growth of the collection will slow down but definately won't stop! ha ha.
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#72  Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:33 pm  Reply with quote + 
Pretty sweet updated photos, peeps. Nice layout for the goods, Regulus. Looking forward to moving out so I can have some of the random stuff properly displayed though I have too much crap to have it all out I fear.

Here are a couple updated photos from September. No new bomberman stuffs bought besides those keychains mentioned before so there's not been much reorganization of the game stuffs. Out of space anyways for what there is left.

I got this Optimus Prime helmet for $4 at a thriftshop near Charlotte. Thing runs over $70 on amazon new. Does the whole voice changing thing, with other special effects buttons.

My brother took several drunken robot photos of me with the helmet on. We split a bottle of Sangria and some Spanish wine he didn't like much since it was a dry wine. Sadly I didn't get drunk on that, would have needed more.

Was recording some vocals for a UK friend's animated short, two character's voices. I had to make the mic stand and pop guard shown to improve the quality of my recordings.

From the BBQ mentioned in the thread about the flask, where the dude spit a fireball of Bacardi 151 out. Nice scenic photo of me just relaxing near Lake Norman.
Bomberjack

Post#73  Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:22 pm  Reply with quote + 
That is quite possibly one of the best beards I've seen on the face of the internet...
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#74  Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:11 pm  Reply with quote + 
Nice pics dood. Ha, that helmet is ridiculously awesome! 4 dollars is an amazing find.

Nothing like a good drinking session. I'm a vodka kind of guy. Stoli is my brand and I'll make White Russians or mix it with various cranberry juices. I also like alot of malt drinks like Mike's hard lemonade or something watermelon flavored <3 but those won't do anything more for me then get a buzz going.

lol, We might need to make an alcohol topic if there's enough interest here.
Bomberman3022
Board Moderator

Post#75  Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:19 am  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
Nothing like a good drinking session. I'm a vodka kind of guy. Stoli is my brand and I'll make White Russians or mix it with various cranberry juices. I also like alot of malt drinks like Mike's hard lemonade or something watermelon flavored <3 but those won't do anything more for me then get a buzz going.

lol, We might need to make an alcohol topic if there's enough interest here.

Jack and Coke here also a nice cold Corona is my cure for a stressfull day at work...
:surprise:  When did we all grow up lol.
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#76  Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:48 pm  Reply with quote + 
We grew up? Honestly despite the whole legal drinking / voting age things that happened in the many years I've been terrorizing both managements of the BMB really I'm not all that much more mature then when we started. I am slightly better at faking it though...
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#77  Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:17 pm  Reply with quote + 
ha ha ha, we're still a bunch of nerds huh? but now we're a bunch of nerds that happen to drink liqueur.
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#78  Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:39 pm  Reply with quote + 
:) Yeah, I wish I had been drinking at that lake event. It was maybe 45 minutes away and I couldn't stay overnight in a tent since my wife didn't want to go, other ladies were there, etc. Thus, I was completely sober. All sorts of alcohol there too. One dude had brought a watermelon with 3 different liquor sections in it. I brought some home, a whole gallon ziplock bag full and the pieces were amazingly potent. He warned me when I drove off to put it in the trunk as it counted as an open container. I broke into it when I got home some, and had enough for another whole day's worth of watermelon fun.

Said helmet will be my halloween costume for work. Might even wear it at my allergy shots. :D
Board Moderator

Post#79  Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:57 pm  Reply with quote + 
fireball87 wrote:
We grew up? Honestly despite the whole legal drinking / voting age things that happened in the many years I've been terrorizing both managements of the BMB really I'm not all that much more mature then when we started. I am slightly better at faking it though...

I joined the original board when i was about 15 im 23 now lots of growing up happened in those years :oops: 
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#80  Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:09 am  Reply with quote + 
Bomberman3022 wrote:
I joined the original board when i was about 15 im 23 now lots of growing up happened in those years :oops: 

I wasn't being completely serious... (I joined round when BMOJ was in testing, which would put me about the same age as you started). It's fairly hard to quantify maturing though, in some ways I feel I've regressed from my 15 year old form (which was fairly mature for a 15 year old in my opinion). Honestly I'm still in many ways the same immature person though, I still waste my time with the same toys, rely a lot on others for things I probably should be responsible for myself, and really have no clue what exactly the future holds (though I still seek to put myself in a position to take advantage of opportunities that I'll enjoy). There is a lot of things my 15 year old self thought it would overcome that I still have issues with and I make a decent number of decisions my 15 year old self would likely scorn as just plain foolish. I know I've matured quite a bit, it's still quite hard to quantify. I honestly think my 15 year old self might be able to bring something to the table if he were still around. (actually it's pretty interesting, my 15 year old self respected above all else people it considered mature, where as now I respect people who show many qualities that could be seen as immaturity, my developments been quite interesting in many senses) So I've obviously matured, but am still by common definition immature, someone call me when I hit that grown up point... perhaps then I'll retire... or die.

... I've never gotten over the incomprehensible net rant either, i should do that sometime... I theorize it makes me look somewhat foolish... but I enjoy personal psychology sortof... so it's alright...

Also I rarely drink much due to various reasons, mostly I don't completely see why alcohol is superior to the caffeine I grew up with. I tried it for awhile but then nearly quit altogether. Well, lack of superiority in my mind plus lack of finances plus a bit of a disdain for drinking enough to seriously impair judgment or make me sick (though I've hit both of those lines, only way to know my limits is tah test them).

*shrug* I really should go to sleep soon so I can wake up for classes tomorrow.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 4 of 14 Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1927s
Index - Back to Top