A List Gallery of other Unpopular Franchises in the States
[Replies: 20]  [Views: 10446]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: Previous  1, 2
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General

Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#21  Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:32 am  Reply with quote + 
Hey I just wanted to bring another series to light in this topic. I only recently got into it myself but anyway....

Langrisser

For any Tactical RPG fans out there like me this is one of those games that you just have to try.

Here's the overview I read that got me into it.
http://hg101.classicgaming.gamespy.com/langrisser/langrisser.htm

I've been playing the rom for the first sega genesis game. Sadly that was the only one to ever be translated.... I am absolutely loving it. It's just my type of tactical game. Watching soldiers combat each other is quite amusing, and it slightly reminds me of Dragon force.

I am so impressed by it I ordered almost all the Saturn games on Ebay and I'm waiting for them to come in. The first two games were remade on Saturn and those are some of the ones I bought. I also got 3 and 4.

As you can probably tell its also an anime type of game. Alot of the later games have multiple endings and love systems based on how you interact with your characters. A number of the games also have anime video sequences.

Here's the intro to the first game, nothing special but still kind of neat.

The artist also does some pretty good work. I find the style to be similar to Record of Lodoss War. The site says the artist is Satoshi Urushihara. LOL, upon checking wikipedia it seems he has worked on Record of Lodoss War. I creep myself out sometimes. He's also worked on the growlanswer games made by the same people as Langrisser in addition to transformers and lol.... some hentai.

Anyway, not sure how many Tactical RPG fans we've got here exactly but I'm pretty sure there are some. Thought you might wanna check this out if you didn't know about it already!
View user profile Send Private Message
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 2 of 2 Page: Previous  1, 2

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1396s
Index - Back to Top