Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
Looking for typed up or scanned manual
[Replies: 13]  [Views: 4941]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General

Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#1  Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:12 am  Reply with quote + 
Say guys, would any of you happen to have the old Bomberman on PCE? (Or a port of it, like Dynablaster on Amiga or the X68000 one)

I would really like to have a look at its manual, in particulat the page for the story, assuming there was one (especially to find out why Black Bomber set out to kidnap that chick with a pterodactyl).

A typed up txt file would be fine, though the ideal would naturally be a scansion of the page (even in Japanese, then I'd try to get one of my friends to translate it)

Incidentally, this topic could be used as a place to request and exchange information on Bomberman's story, especially notions from manuals.
I have about 20, mostly for Nintendo games, so if there's something you want to know about, try and ask :happy: 
JET_ALONE
Bomberdude

Post#2  Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:24 pm  Reply with quote + 
I have Super Bomberman 3, and that has quite a large deal of info, art, character biography and stuff that I haven't seen anywhere else before in the manual, in japanese of course. I should get it scanned one day. Soon in fact, as the story is even in manga layout. But um, I don't think you'd get PCE info like that too easily, unfortunateley.

Post#3  Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:59 pm  Reply with quote + 
MaxBomber wrote:
I have Super Bomberman 3, and that has quite a large deal of info, art, character biography and stuff that I haven't seen anywhere else before in the manual, in japanese of course. I should get it scanned one day. Soon in fact, as the story is even in manga layout.

Is that so? Sounds great! I have the PAL version of SBMan3, and the manually sucks quite a lot. There's the game story, but certainly not as a mini manga and no individual character information. Because of this, as well as the fact that the game is sort of like BMan94 with 2 player mode and the Bad Bombers from SBMan2 (who don't even fight you as Bombermen but within weird monsters) I always thought number 3 was sort of a rushed job. But I guess they did put some care into it.
In any case, I know what you mean about the mini manga, the manuals for SBMan 4 and 5 have those too and they are totally sweet :veryhappy: 

MaxBomber wrote:
But um, I don't think you'd get PCE info like that too easily, unfortunateley.

Yeah, I understand odds are against me, but I was hoping some of you guys might have snatched one off eBay.
It's a shame because the PCE BMan games are the ones that (storyline wise) really got Bomberman as we know it started. Before that it was slave Bomberman, liberator Bomberboy and cosmic warrior Bomberking.
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#4  Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:00 pm  Reply with quote + 
The connection fell while I was typing and I got logged off :sad: 
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#5  Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:43 am  Reply with quote + 
Quote:
In any case, I know what you mean about the mini manga, the manuals for SBMan 4 and 5 have those too and they are totally sweet :veryhappy: 

Sharing is caring. =D;;; I'm itching to see anything with Bomberman that has some semblance of a plot (and I'm all for the mini-manga). I'm only familiar with the plots for Bomberman 64, Hero, Second Attack, Generation, Jetters, Story/Tournament, Max 2, and Pocket Bomberman. Everything I either don't know or only have a vague idea of what it's about.

AO3 | deviantArt | Tumblr
Bluesky | Twitter | Ko-Fi
Bombermanga | Bomber Base | B-Daman Now, Dog!

If I don't wield the bomb, I can't protect you. If I keep wielding the bomb, I can't embrace you.
View user profile Send Private Message
JET_ALONE
Bomberdude

Post#6  Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:16 pm  Reply with quote + 
Quote:
Yeah, I understand odds are against me, but I was hoping some of you guys might have snatched one off eBay.
It's a shame because the PCE BMan games are the ones that (storyline wise) really got Bomberman as we know it started. Before that it was slave Bomberman, liberator Bomberboy and cosmic warrior Bomberking.

Something like that, yeah. Oh I see PCE on Ebay allot. To tell the truth I don't know allot about it...Does it just run on regular PCs? Or something else...Is it cheap? I think I've seen it on Play-Asia somewhere, but I'm guessing you've already looked there.

They might be out of stock.
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#7  Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:32 pm  Reply with quote + 
The PC Engine was, inexplicably enough, a console by NEC. It was also known as TurboGrafx - http://www.niksnews.com/emulation/imagesemulateurs/pce.png
So yeah, it obviously won't work on a PC, you need the actual console.

On another hand, Hudson published two of the three PCE BMan games in a PC collection a few years ago. I tried to get it but I don't think it ever made it here (and collections usually don't have manuals faithful to the originals).

Oh and I found some photos of the covers http://users.powernet.co.uk/wibble/moreebay/
And screenies! http://screenmania.retrogames.com/pce/02/pce_031.html

Anyway Sora, here you go! Scans from the manuals of Panic Bomber World, Super Bomberman 4 and Super Bomberman 5 :happy: 

Now I hope to see the mini manga and profiles from 3 :wink: 
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#8  Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:11 am  Reply with quote + 
Duke Serkol wrote:
Anyway Sora, here you go! Scans from the manuals of Panic Bomber World, Super Bomberman 4 and Super Bomberman 5 :happy: 

Thank ye muchly! ^_^

If I don't wield the bomb, I can't protect you. If I keep wielding the bomb, I can't embrace you.
JET_ALONE
Bomberdude

Post#9  Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:27 pm  Reply with quote + 
Scanning the manual now...I'll have them uploaded shortly, bit by bit. Thanks for being so patient ^^. Do you need the B-Daman manual too? I have that.

EDIT : First batch

Manual of Super Bomberman 3 for Nintendo Super Famicom.
- Cover, Page 1.
- Pages 2+3.
- Pages 4+5.
- Pages 6+7.

Save them! For when the URL runs out, if that ever happens. And yes, I'm scanning the whole manual. There's another manga bit though where Shirobon tells the player how the game works or something, but that's the story manga over in case you were wondering.

Wish I could be bothered translating these.
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#10  Posted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:13 pm  Reply with quote + 
Righteous! Hopefully I'll be able to get somebody to tell me wheter the Bad Bombers are referred to as Bagular's creations. Back in the day, I thought it was a terrible rewrite of SBMAn2's story (seeing as they were said to have been sent by an alien race and one of said aliens did appear in the game), but if the Japanese manual says it too, I'll accept it (besides, they've got Hige-Higes in their ranks in story... even though Bagular was nowhere to be seen in that and Jetters had still to make a connection between them).

Oh and thanks about the offer to scan the B-Daman manual, but I have that one (as well as the precious lil' marble endowed golden dude :D)
And Sora shan't be craving it either (I think) since sadly there was no story in it.
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#11  Posted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:15 pm  Reply with quote + 
Thanks for the scans!

If the B-Daman manual has interesting pictures in it, I'd be glad to see it.

JET_ALONE
Bomberdude

Post#12  Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:14 am  Reply with quote + 
Sorry this is taking so long.

- Pages 8 + 9.
- Pages 10 + 11.
- Pages 12 + 13.

I've been busy with schoolwork and shizz. But next up from this control setup and "How to play" manga, it's enemy, boss and level profiles.
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#13  Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:58 am  Reply with quote + 
MaxBomber wrote:
Sorry this is taking so long.

I've been busy with schoolwork and shizz.

Oh, that's okay. Will be looking forward for the boss profiles :veryhappy: 
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#14  Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:52 pm  Reply with quote + 
Thanks for the scans!

Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2527s
Index - Back to Top