Bomberman on Wikipedia!
[Replies: 27]  [Views: 11673]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: 1, 2  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General

JET_ALONE
Bomberdude

Post#1  Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:15 am  Reply with quote + 
Come one, come all. Well yeah, the Bomberman series has its own page on Wikipedia, and here it is. Obviously, Bomberman has a very small fanbase. In fact, this board is practically it, so lets help it out a bit.

Obviously allot of people use Wikipedia, so via this we can combine all our knowledge of the series (Seeming as information is pretty obscure on the games) to make it better for everyone! Lets get to work :P

Oh, a note...Are Bombers robots? As the introductionary paragraph says, there's no real conformation if Bombers are robots (Original storyline) or organics, which is the main assumption with the games now. Um? The Wikipedia article states the possibility of Dr. ein being Shirobons' creator.

Can anyone clear this up? :mystery: 
ChronoBall X
Bomberdude

Post#2  Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:28 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yep, Seen it, thats where I got all My info About The 5 Bad Bombers at,

and yeah, it also contains small info about the Bomberman Jetters Anime, but not Much, since Bomberman is so Unpopular here,

but hey, At least it's getting some appreciation.
View user profile Send Private Message
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#3  Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:31 pm  Reply with quote + 
been meaning to alter and add to a few of the facts there for a while, it would be better if it was given more of a structure along the perticular serises
JET_ALONE
Bomberdude

Post#4  Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:00 pm  Reply with quote + 
You mean like in chronological order? That'd be hard...

Somebody needs to add a Super Bomberman 4 page. And perhaps even a seperate character profile page for Shirbon? Because I'm new to Wikipedia and can't do it :oops: 
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#5  Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:49 pm  Reply with quote + 
or just link to here http://www.newdream.net/sb4/

it wouldent be hard to do that and it dosent need to be in order, just to state what aspects and charicters go where, all the original text could stay but be completely re-worked in order, it wouldent be hard, just time consumeing and i may have a bash at that
Bonk
Bomberdude

Post#6  Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:09 pm  Reply with quote + 
MaxBomber wrote:
And perhaps even a seperate character profile page for Shirbon? Because I'm new to Wikipedia and can't do it :oops: 
He's already mentioned on the main page, and there is little that could be said about him not already mentioned there.
JET_ALONE
Bomberdude

Post#7  Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:53 am  Reply with quote + 
Quote:
it wouldent be hard to do that and it dosent need to be in order, just to state what aspects and charicters go where, all the original text could stay but be completely re-worked in order, it wouldent be hard, just time consumeing and i may have a bash at that

Well good luck with that :happy: 

Quote:
He's already mentioned on the main page, and there is little that could be said about him not already mentioned there.

I know he's already there as I have read the article. I just think there's more to be done on the entry overall. Why not start there?
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#8  Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:05 pm  Reply with quote + 
Woah, you mean you really got information about the Five Bad Bombers from Wikipedia?! :hilarious:  :hilarious:  !! I contributed that, I was annoyed because somebody mentioned Pretty Bomber but nobody else!
JET_ALONE
Bomberdude

Post#9  Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:12 pm  Reply with quote + 
Well I know that she was originally called Beauty Bomber on that page, and I had no idea why. And somebody thought Nitros was a girl.

We need more pictures.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#10  Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:03 am  Reply with quote + 
That's why I don't trust Wikipedia much, people can get on there and say the stupidest things, most of which they probably read in fan fiction and took for fact. :irritate: 

I should have some pictures of the FBB somewhere, if they're needed. Somebody might delete pictures if they're assigned to every character, though, because they won't think it's necessary. They do that stuff all the time.
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#11  Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:21 pm  Reply with quote + 
MaxBomber wrote:
Well I know that she was originally called Beauty Bomber on that page, and I had no idea why. And somebody thought Nitros was a girl.

I didn't get how someone thought Nitros was a girl, but the Beauty Bomber thing must've been from Bomberman Generation.

AO3 | deviantArt | Tumblr
Bluesky | Twitter | Ko-Fi
Bombermanga | Bomber Base | B-Daman Now, Dog!

If I don't wield the bomb, I can't protect you. If I keep wielding the bomb, I can't embrace you.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#12  Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:47 pm  Reply with quote + 
It gets worse when people start saying stupid stuff like "such and such is the father of all the bosses in the game"* and other people think it's true. Or when they refer to EVERY character, regardless of their appearance as "him," or random characters as "her."

That's why we need to keep track of this kind of stuff, so people won't get confused.

*I've seen this happen with another game.
Bonk
Bomberdude

Post#13  Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:29 pm  Reply with quote + 
Dark Zaphe wrote:
Woah, you mean you really got information about the Five Bad Bombers from Wikipedia?! :hilarious:  :hilarious:  !! I contributed that, I was annoyed because somebody mentioned Pretty Bomber but nobody else!
Totally unnecessary. Pretty Bomber had a place because she appeared in more than one game; including the rest of the 5 would be like having Yamato Man next to Roll and Protoman in an article on the main characters of the Megaman series.
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#14  Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:21 pm  Reply with quote + 
I disagree.

The Five Bad Bombers all appeared in at least four distinct games, and Brain Bomber has recently got a more involved (with main characters) backstory.

Regardless of that, I'd be in favor of bios for any and all characters that do have a background, as thin as it may be (so not bosses from Bomberman GB games, for example... except the final ones perhaps)
Bonk
Bomberdude

Post#15  Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:13 am  Reply with quote + 
True but they all appeared as essentially the same thing - just another boss. Whereas Pretty Bomber was an actual character (though usually only the Princess Peach type).

After reading the article, I think it needs a massive edit, preferrably omitting the biographies about the unimportant Bomberman 64/Jetters characters, and seperating the Jetters characters from the regular old bomberman ones; Jetters is a totally different universe, like Megaman Legends and Megaan.EXE..

Last edited by Bonk on Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:13 am
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#16  Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:56 am  Reply with quote + 
Really, this is the kind of stuff that annoys me. They have appeared in several games, and are (to a lesser extent than main "super" villains like Bagular) regular villains, and Golem Bomber himself has been a playable character at one point. But do whatever you think needs done.
Bonk
Bomberdude

Post#17  Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:10 am  Reply with quote + 
This is a thread about Bomberman on wikipedia and I'm commenting in it. I'm simply stating what I think would improve the article. If that irritates you then please ignore me. Perhaps it would help if someone were to seperate the list into major and minor characters.
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#18  Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:27 pm  Reply with quote + 
Now that sounds like a nice idea :happy: 
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#19  Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:21 pm  Reply with quote + 
All I'm saying is that it annoys me to have information deleted on a free, online encyclopedia, when it shouldn't bother anything. The Bomberman section could use some improving, but I'm afraid that adding any other pages than the only one there currently is would anger the mods over there. They don't like "excess" pages.
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#20  Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:03 pm  Reply with quote + 
Who said to use a second page? It would work just as well dividing them between Main Characters and Minor Characters within the same page.

Certainly, it is surprising how far down Bagular's profile is. One would think it'd be just about on top after White Bomber's and Black Bomber's.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 2 Page: 1, 2  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2576s
Index - Back to Top