Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
A Question about Brain Bomber
[Replies: 10]  [Views: 3928]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General

ChronoBall X
Bomberdude

Post#1  Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:29 pm  Reply with quote + 
Ok, this has been puzzling me for some time now, In Bomberman Tournement, How in the Heck in all of a Sudden did he take over as Leader of the 5 Bad Bombers, when Plasma Bomber was originally the Leader in Super Bomberman 2, and 3.

Did Brain Bomber some how just snapped and Said:

(Brain Bomber): You Weakling, you got killed by a one-eyed alien, HA! Your not worthy of being the Leader, I have more Brains than You!

(Plasma Bomber): You can't Do this! I'm the Rightful Leader! I justed wanted to Make Peace with White Bomber!

So, what are you thoughts about this Guys?
View user profile Send Private Message
JET_ALONE
Bomberdude

Post#2  Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:57 am  Reply with quote + 
Ah the 5 Bad Bombers, quite an enigma.

Well to tell the truth,the Bomberman series doesn't appear to follow any sort of canonical storyline whatsoever over its games. But anyway, the 5 first appeared in Super Bomberman 2 as cyborgs created by a dark alien force, as we know. And the key word there is cyborgs - I think they were originally good to begin with, then altered by the dark force (Which is Bagular, I guess) and made bad. Although that's more than a theory seeming as the only thing that supports this is how Plasma tried to make peace with Shirobon at the end of the game, and how Pretty has made so many appearances as a non enemy character. Maybe they were all originally just normal Planet Bomber residents. Brothers and sisters?

So I think that the whole cyborg thing plays a big part here, we've seen from the intro of Super Bomberman 3 that they were ressurected and reprised in their villanous roles, despite Plasma being "Freed" at the very last moment in the previous game. So I guess this happens over and over again, such as in Bomberman Story. And with these changes come others, like how Brain became the leader all of a sudden.

Although I'm not familiar with all of Bomberman Story. Does it actually mention somewhere that Brain is the new leader? Maybe it's after Plamsas' defeat that he takes this title himself, obviously because by that time he'd be the only one left out of the 5.
ChronoBall X
Bomberdude

Post#3  Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:10 am  Reply with quote + 
Wikipedia Stated That Brain Bomber somehow took over as the new leader,but they're not sure themselves either

and plus he was the last Boss in Bomberman Story instead of Plasma
JET_ALONE
Bomberdude

Post#4  Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:57 pm  Reply with quote + 
Well that's logical. Think about it, if he was the only one left then why wouldn't he take up the new position of leader?
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#5  Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:46 pm  Reply with quote + 
there is no story tie in whatsoever with the super bomberman games and bomberman tournamet/story

Hudson just re-used the 5 bad bombers and shifted thair roles about, maby to stop confushion with Plazma and the leader of the evil bombers in Bomberman online on the dreamcast but most proberbly because brain looked cooler despite beaing purple :P
JET_ALONE
Bomberdude

Post#6  Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:55 am  Reply with quote + 
Hey what's wrong with purple? But it can't beat pink :P

Quote:
there is no story tie in whatsoever with the super bomberman games and bomberman tournamet/story

But there's little evidence both for and against that, isn't there?
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#7  Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:08 am  Reply with quote + 
there's about a ten year gap between the games, it would be very odd to pick up a franchise like that and alter it so that it is unrecognizable to the casual fan, notice how all the bad bombers introduce themselves in tournament when b-man meets them

Bomberman is not a cult series and the english speaking fan-base has whittled down to less than 10 of us, whoever decides to buy story would be the younger margin of kids looking for something fun, not someone who knows about the characters history. The 5 bad bombers therefore are very rarely recognized as people who played super bomberman 2/3 will not be interested in story.
ChronoBall X
Bomberdude

Post#8  Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:41 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yeah, thats True, when the Bad Bombers Introduce themselves in Bomberman Story, the English Translations made it Seem like they already knew shirobon, for example oone of them may respond like"

"Long time no See Bomberman"

although they were suppose to be in different Rules. I think Viacom( The company that Ported Bomberman Story) screwed up on the entire story or Something.

Yes Hudson is the main company that does bomberman Games, but when other companies like Majesco,Atlus, or Viacom port and translate Bomberman Games here in the states, they intend to change the Script around. ( Or insert Bad Stupid Voices)

*Cough Bomberman Generations and Jetters* ( Both with horrible Bad voices and Scripts)

I don't know, thats just me.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#9  Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:44 pm  Reply with quote + 
Well, if any of you have ever heard of Panic Bomber for the Virtual Boy, you'll know that in the U.S. version, the secret boss Pretty Bomber is renamed "Ms. Flashy." Ugh. Annoying, I know. I'm fairly certain that the other bosses were renamed too, because I compared the Japanese characters on the pages of the original version's manual (look here).

HUGE SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!

More on topic; yes, I was disturbed about the Plasma/Brain Bomber power shift as well. I really don't know how that happened, but Hammer Bomber, you're only partially correct. :wink:  The SNES titles Super Bomberman 2-4 are all in a sort of "trilogy" of Bomberman games. It starts out as the Five Bad Bombers attack Bomberman, he blasts their ship to smithereens and escapes back to his home planet. Then, Burglar/Bagular appears in his flying saucer and arrives upon the the remains of the Five Bad Bombers, who he repairs (Because the Five Bad Bombers tell Shiro that they were "created" by "aliens," it's obvious (although arguable) that Bagular was this "alien" they spoke of. For example, look at Golem Bomber's belt buckle (it's even like this in SB2): "B" for "Bagular."), granting them new powers and sending them out to take over five planets.

Shiro and/or Kuro arrive on the scene to take them down, but Bagular shows them the power he possesses, then proceeds to target the planets, luring Shiro and/or Kuro into their final confrontation. After trashing Bagular, the Five Bad Bombers are summoned and display their final power, which is, for those of you who played the game, a combination into a giant mech, which Bagular teleports into. After the mech is destroyed, Shiro and/or Kuro escape, but so does Bagular -- as a brain in a smaller flying saucer.

In Super Bomberman 4, Shiro, Kuro, Honey, and Kotetsu are drifting through space when Bombermen with the ability to "comet" around (like the FBB) rip their ship apart and send them through a time portal. Shiro and/or Kuro battle the Four Bomber Kings through time and finally reach the last time portal, where they must defeat them once more and confront the dastardly Great Bomber. But killing Great Bomber doesn't mark the end of their journey, for Bagular, now built into a huge mech, appears and confronts them. Of course, they win, and although he puts in a last ditch effort to zap them in his flying saucer, they destroy him for good (although he appears in later games).

Now.... what did you say again? Oh yeah, "no canonical storyline." It's there, you just have to look. :wink:  You can find ties between most of the Bomberman games, if not all.

But about the FBB power shift, yeah, I have no idea. It disturbed me when Pretty Bomber was the second boss I faced, but then Plasma Bomber was the third?! And Golem Bomber billed as the second-to-last boss?! Makes no sense.... Who knows.
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#10  Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:24 pm  Reply with quote + 
Dark Zaphe wrote:
Now.... what did you say again? Oh yeah, "no canonical storyline." It's there, you just have to look. :wink:  You can find ties between most of the Bomberman games, if not all.

I wouldn't call it canonical, but the connections are undeniably there. Bomberman was never a series strong on story, so I'm of the school of thought that Hudson just likes recycling characters for the sake of feigning continuity and because they're too lazy to come up with new ones. Mwaha.

Although it is a lot of fun to speculate.

AO3 | deviantArt | Tumblr
Bluesky | Twitter | Ko-Fi
Bombermanga | Bomber Base | B-Daman Now, Dog!

If I don't wield the bomb, I can't protect you. If I keep wielding the bomb, I can't embrace you.
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#11  Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:32 pm  Reply with quote + 
tho i was allready fully aware of the storylines, i still stand by my comment that Modern bomberman games have sod all to do with the old ones and in most of the cases each outher
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1907s
Index - Back to Top