Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
Neon Genesis Evangelion.
[Replies: 6]  [Views: 3416]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk

JET_ALONE
Bomberdude

Post#1  Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:30 am  Reply with quote + 
:veryhappy:  I think it's my faveroute anime. I'm sure a large amount of people here have heard of it, right? Or watched it.

Well anyway in case you don't know, it's set in 2015, Tokyo3 in Japan, after a meteor smashed into the Earth, causing half the planets' population to die out, this event was known as "Second Impact". From the desamation caused by Second Impact, the remaining populace of Earth come under threat from monstrous beings called "Angels", and the first episode is about the main character, a 14 year old boy, Shinji Ikari, who has been summoned to Nerv headquarters in Tokyo3 by his father who recently abandoned him many years ago. At that moment, Tokyo3 is attacked by the angel Sachiel, and...

Well from there, Shinji Ikari is basically "adopted" by the Nerv commander Misato Katsuragi, while he has his new job (I wouldn't really call it a job, but whatever) fighting against the angels in a giant robot, called the Evangelion. So I guess you could call it another giant robot anime, but there's allot more to it than that. It cycles around the sanity of the characyters, so basically everyone is multi-dimensional and has their own story. At times the anime can be very disturbing, violent, yadda yadda yadda. There's allot to do with christianity in it as well.

Well I've watched the whole thing. There's 26 episodes and 2 movies. The 2 movies are "Involved" in the ending presented in the last episodes. I wouldn't say the replace, retell or do anything to the last episodes, because I've read up on it and it's all very confusing. Not to mention the entire series is confusing too. I still haven't figured it out yet.

But anyway, if you're a patient person, and stuff like that, then give it a try. It's a very powerful anime that really makes you think. Well for me it destroyed any sort of faith I had left in christianity, for some reason. Yah. It just had a very large impact on me. Oh, and a note of advice : don't bother hoping to get any sort of entertainment from the last two episodes of the series. They're just too weird.

So discuss!
Omata
Bomberdude

Post#2  Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:27 pm  Reply with quote + 
It's a neat series. I've got to watch some of it.

Infact, maybe now is a good time. Thanks for reminding me, pal!
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#3  Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:49 pm  Reply with quote + 
I watched the series about two years ago. It was okay. I liked it more so toward the begining when it was basically a giant robot anime with alot of action. When it started getting psycological and confusing I didn't like it as much. Overall the series was okay but definately not one of my favs.
View user profile Send Private Message
JET_ALONE
Bomberdude

Post#4  Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:01 am  Reply with quote + 
Yeah I have to agree on you there. In fact, if you go back and watch the older episodes it's like a totally different anime alltogether. Like I said before, the last decent episode in the series is probably #24, the one with Kaworu. He's so cool :happy: 

Oh, and on a side note, I've got two NGE Saturn games! Digital Card Library which isn't that special, but is pretty good for being under USD$10.00. And then there's 2nd Impression. No difficulty whatsoever, and about half an hour worth of gameplay! Yay.

I used a walkthrough to get the best ending. It's really quite sad.

SPOILER!!!

Mayumi leaves on a train, and while it's moving away, Shinji follows it as she says something through the window, but you don't know what she says because you can't hear her.
ChronoBall X
Bomberdude

Post#5  Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:35 pm  Reply with quote + 
It's an Awsome Drama/Mecha series and One of my Fav Anime Produced by Gainax, Same People who Did GunBuster( 80's 6 episode OVA)

And yes, the Series is Very Dark, My fav Character Is Rei Ayamina.

They also Hava an Evangelion Game for the N64
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#6  Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:21 pm  Reply with quote + 
Ehh... I didn't watch all of it, but the anime was just too weird for me to follow what was going on (it might of helped had I watched it from the first episode, but...). I din't really like it. The battle were a least interresting to watch, making you think "How are you going to stop this angel now, Shinji?". I thought that Shinji was a wuss also, maybe even more so than Megaman X (Why are we fighting Angels? What am I fighting for? All of those kind of thoughts (I also recall thoughts like those after Shinji killed that human angel)). I just didn't really like it all that much.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
JET_ALONE
Bomberdude

Post#7  Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:59 pm  Reply with quote + 
I hate Shinji also. Stupid idiot, I can't believe he just let the world end so easily. And I loved the battles because they were so...Like, the way they beat some of the angels was so calculated and clever! Like how when Asuka and EVA02 were in the magma fighting Sandalphon, and it was slowly breaking into her armouring with the progressive knife not doing any damage, so Nerv focuses all coolants onto one chord that allowed...Oh exciting stuff. :happy: 

But yeah. I know what you mean. Very confusing to watch, and gets a bit iffy near the end, such as how the angels and the battles become very boring.

And off topic : What's wrong with X? He was the first reploid, basically the entire reason why everyone else in his world existed, including all the pain and suffering from Irregulars and stuff. He's the reason why it all happens, how could he not feel bad about everything? Oh well.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1754s
Index - Back to Top