Bombarmen Redesign
[Replies: 21]  [Views: 9984]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: 1, 2  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General

Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#1  Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 3:45 am  Reply with quote + 
It is clear that Hudson seem to be unhappy with Bombermans current look, what with Act Zero looking completely different and that horrible front cover that someone posted here

None of us particularly like changes like that so, keeping as close to his original form as possible, what changes to his look do you all think he should undergo

my opinyons are that his body should become more humanlike after all, not toatally tho, he should lose the round sphear and gain a proper lower torso (kinda like when sometimes you see him in a suite exsept he wont be wearing one), no cloths or anything, like trousers over the top, the arms and legs should be exactly the same as before with the blobs for hands and legs on the end.

The head could use redesign, this little fella is from a bomberman clone called boom, now keeping b-mans head round, i think giveing him something that would cover the mouth would look quite good, the jetterz eyes have recently grown on me but i still stand by my decishion that they look crap outside of the anime, the bomberman land or even better Super Bomberman style would be just great

any comments?
View user profile Send Private Message
Angelus
Bomberdude

Post#2  Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 3:04 pm  Reply with quote + 
It's actually not bad at all. It's not as good as good ol' fashion Bomberman, but It does keep the overall feel of Bomberman. It has the familliar eyes. Nice ! :P

( Nice avatar too, LMAO)
Bonk
Bomberdude

Post#3  Posted: Wed May 24, 2006 2:01 am  Reply with quote + 
Hammer Bomber wrote:
None of us particularly like changes like that so, keeping as close to his original form as possible, what changes to his look do you all think he should undergo
Way to speak for yourself. Act Zero bomberman may not be traditional but to me detatched limb bomberman land and hideous cartoony jetters bomberman are just as different, they just don't look cool like Act Zero. Before that there was boxy head big eyebrows late mid-late 90's bomberman (BM64 games, BM World PSX) and let's not forget that the PC Engine/Super NES bomberman is also a redesign of the original bomberman that looked like a robot as well. If anything Act Zero is a return to the series' roots.
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#4  Posted: Wed May 24, 2006 3:49 am  Reply with quote + 
I personally prefer Bomberman's cartoony look, for example from the Saturn games and from the N64 games. I wasn't a fan of his uber-elongated limbs in Generation, and while Jetters' designs have grown on me, I still like his Saturn/N64 look better. Act Zero has the potential to be a really interesting game. PLOT, PEOPLE! GIVE ME SOME PLOT!

AO3 | deviantArt | Tumblr
Bluesky | Twitter | Ko-Fi
Bombermanga | Bomber Base | B-Daman Now, Dog!

If I don't wield the bomb, I can't protect you. If I keep wielding the bomb, I can't embrace you.
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#5  Posted: Wed May 24, 2006 6:32 am  Reply with quote + 
wasnt he origanally a ninja

acshually no, originally he was a cowboy/indiannajones type guy
Bonk
Bomberdude

Post#6  Posted: Thu May 25, 2006 12:39 am  Reply with quote + 
Well, his precursor was. I don't know if eric and the floaters actually stars bomberman though.
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#7  Posted: Thu May 25, 2006 5:27 am  Reply with quote + 
in a bizarre coincidence i was actually looking at it a few days ago, i would class it as a direct evolution, it even has the ballons as enemies, i take it those were floaters (hahaha, that sounds so wrong)
alexa999
Bomberdude

Post#8  Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:51 am  Reply with quote + 
The pic in Hammer Bomber's topic post is actually from an old third party mac-os bomberman style game called BOOM. It was suppost to fuse the concepts from Bomberman and Doom.
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#9  Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:21 am  Reply with quote + 
yea i stated that

and it isnt old, well it used to be but the creators carbonised it for OSX, as far as Shareware goes, graphiclly it still looks great

but i think im the only one with a mac so theres no point in me telling u to download it
JET_ALONE
Bomberdude

Post#10  Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:33 pm  Reply with quote + 
Eh, I always thought he was a robot in the old games.
CrystalBomber
Bomberdude

Post#11  Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:10 pm  Reply with quote + 
I don't know what to say really. From the moment I learned what Act Zero had done to Bomberman I had been disappointed. :down: 
Phantom Kensai
Bomberbie

Post#12  Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:49 pm  Reply with quote + 
There's only one reason why Act Zero's Bomberman looks so different.

Because it's on Xbox360. And this is the same crowd that worships the Master Chief, Gears of War, and Ryu Hayabusa.

That's not to say all Xbox games suck; Hayabusa is a badass, and the Chief is awesome. But the general gamer in the Xbox crowd isn't going to that receptive toward a Bomberman Generation or Jetters look.

Myself, I'm not keen on this new look. If you want a badass Bomber, that's what Max is for.
CrystalBomber
Bomberdude

Post#13  Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:02 pm  Reply with quote + 
I couldn't have said it better. :P

I never plan on getting a 360 myself, I don't have the money for it. Act Zero sort of reminds me of the Bomberman look in the NES game. But if they wanted a badass Bomberman game they should have just saved themselves the trouble and used Max. Then I guess it wouldn't really be a Bomberman game. Meh, whatever.
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#14  Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:37 am  Reply with quote + 
replace Act with Max and you have a tital that could include both vershions of Max from Jetterz, that would be kinda fitting

(MaxZero also happens to be my screen name on another forum :P )
CrystalBomber
Bomberdude

Post#15  Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:59 am  Reply with quote + 
Well if they did that then I would actually be excited for the release of the game. So hopefully they won't, because I'm probably never going to play it. :P
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#16  Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:41 am  Reply with quote + 
heh heh,

Yeah, guys we don't want good games to come out on the 360....
Then we'd have to buy it, and with that rediculous price tag it has... If the system has all junk on it and there's no reason to buy it, then all the better. There'd be no money you'd have to lose to temptation....
CrystalBomber
Bomberdude

Post#17  Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:03 pm  Reply with quote + 
Exactly. :happy: 

Such bias. :hilarious: 

I remember my brother telling me something like.. that more PS2s are selling than Xbox 360s.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#18  Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:12 pm  Reply with quote + 
I wouldn't doubt that information.
Although that also may have been from the sheer fact that there were hardly and 360s available in stores for the longest time. I remember seeing a sign at a Walmart saying that the store was taking reserves on 360s and that they were only getting 10 units. 10?
Then it said something like, how you could only preorder 1 per household. It's pretty sad. The PS2 was the same way upon release. There weren't enough systems available at launch to meet the customer demand. So for the first half of the launch year hardly anyone had it, all because sony rushed the launch. At least that's what I remember reading in a magazine article.
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#19  Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:08 pm  Reply with quote + 
Phantom Kensai wrote:
Myself, I'm not keen on this new look. If you want a badass Bomber, that's what Max is for.

WERD!

Not that I love Bomberman any less, but he's too cute to be bad-ass.

AO3 | deviantArt | Tumblr
Bluesky | Twitter | Ko-Fi
Bombermanga | Bomber Base | B-Daman Now, Dog!

If I don't wield the bomb, I can't protect you. If I keep wielding the bomb, I can't embrace you.
Omata
Bomberdude

Post#20  Posted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:32 pm  Reply with quote + 
CrystalBomber wrote:
I couldn't have said it better. :P

I never plan on getting a 360 myself, I don't have the money for it. Act Zero sort of reminds me of the Bomberman look in the NES game. But if they wanted a badass Bomberman game they should have just saved themselves the trouble and used Max. Then I guess it wouldn't really be a Bomberman game. Meh, whatever.

Rockman Zero doesn't star X himself and they still have it called that way.

CrystalBomber wrote:
Exactly. :happy: 

Such bias. :hilarious: 

I remember my brother telling me something like.. that more PS2s are selling than Xbox 360s.

It's not surprising. The PS2 is a pretty popular system.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 2 Page: 1, 2  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2068s
Index - Back to Top