Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
Good news for Bomberman fans!
[Replies: 30]  [Views: 13099]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: Previous  1, 2
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Users watching this topic: 1  

Post#21  Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:10 pm  Reply with quote + 
The Nintendo 64 games were not the only ones with a good story, but I do believe they are the best in that regard (and among best overall)
I mean, stories in Super BMan games were simplicistic but I surely enjoyed them.

...and am I the only one noticing that spider boss is from the final battle of Super Bomberman 1? Or was it just too obvious to state?
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#22  Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:54 am  Reply with quote + 
The above post was mine (sorry), and I also meant to point out BMan64's story is clearly developed upon that of SBMan2.

But back on topic, I've been to the new psp BMan site and another enemy from Super Bomberman makes a come back (just the one I was hoping for :happy: ): Fake Bomberman!

Too bad Carat Diamond and Dr. Mook won't be returning, as it seems the villain is once again Bagular *Groan*

By the way, does anybody here know about those cel-phone games? I believe there were three, Bomberman, Super Bomberman and N-Gage Bomberman.
I'd like to know how different the first two are from the console originals, and generally more about the latter, especially the demonic looking Bomber on the cover (and it seems Fake Bomberman is in this one too!)
JET_ALONE
Bomberdude

Post#23  Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:18 am  Reply with quote + 
Quote:
Too bad Carat Diamond and Dr. Mook won't be returning, as it seems the villain is once again Bagular *Groan*

I always thought they were reworked into Mechadoc and Mujoe?
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#24  Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:16 pm  Reply with quote + 
Bomberman on the phone is pretty dull, it is the utmost basic, Super Bomberman is a little better but not woth it and the third would require you to buy an n-guage whitch isnt worh it whatsoever :P
View user profile Send Private Message
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#25  Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:45 pm  Reply with quote + 
MaxBomber wrote:
Quote:

I always thought they were reworked into Mechadoc and Mujoe?

There are certainly some similarities between those pairs (especially the eye masks Carat and Mujoe wear), but Carat would have to undergo some though training and Mook serious surgery. That and I don't see why they'd change names.

Maybe we can assume they are sort of like that brown hair Mujoe look alike with his own bandits from Jetterz (can't remember the name, read it on a webpage), in that they are distinct characters despite being so deliberately similar.

Hammer Bomber wrote:
Bomberman on the phone is pretty dull, it is the utmost basic, Super Bomberman is a little better but not woth it and the third would require you to buy an n-guage

Thanks! Could you tell me if Super had a story? Or any bosses from previous games and/or new villainous bombermen?
...or is just a port of SBMan1?

Also, I don't suppose anybody made N-gage emulators yet, eh? ('cuz I absolutely agree, not gonna get one for just a single game)
ChronoBall X
Bomberdude

Post#26  Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:45 pm  Reply with quote + 
Some More ScreenShots For Bomberman PSP ^^

it's seems that Bagular will be the Main villian in this one

http://www.gamespot.com/psp/action/bomberman/screenindex.html
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#27  Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:11 pm  Reply with quote + 
We knew he was in it from the official site... but look! Another boss from Super Bomberman 1 makes a return! Now Fake Bomberman's presence cannot be a coincidence!

Oh and check those in-level screenies. Looks like they are re-implementing the "store power ups to use them at a later time" mechanic from the DS game (I bet it won't be as pratical though).

...on another hand, that has to be the ugliest map in the history of the franchise :xeyes: 
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#28  Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:19 pm  Reply with quote + 
Oh, NOOOO!!!! Super Bomberman 1 bosses! Super Bomberman 2 enemies! Items that are boxes instead of flat icons! Dialouge and possibly more in-depth storyline! ALL ON PSP!!!! HOW CAN IT BE?!?!.... Oh well. One of these days, though.... ONE OF THESE DAYS....
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#29  Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:50 pm  Reply with quote + 
Dark Zaphe wrote:
and possibly more in-depth storyline!

Mmh...

Anyway, that's right! There's the SBMan2 headphones robot kid! Any others I didn't spot?
ChronoBall X
Bomberdude

Post#30  Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:52 pm  Reply with quote + 
Dark Zaphe wrote:
Oh, NOOOO!!!! Super Bomberman 1 bosses! Super Bomberman 2 enemies! Items that are boxes instead of flat icons! Dialouge and possibly more in-depth storyline! ALL ON PSP!!!! HOW CAN IT BE?!?!.... Oh well. One of these days, though.... ONE OF THESE DAYS....

KInd of Reminds me of the Megaman X-treame games for Gameboy Color, which were suppose to be remakes of Megaman X 1 and 2 For SNES, and although those 2 games recycle bosses from Megaman X 1 and 2, but they Ended up having completely new stories in them.

I think that this is what Bomberman PSP is trying to attempt.
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#31  Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:16 pm  Reply with quote + 
As far as I know, the GBC MegamanX games were never intended to be remakes, even thought they mix elements from previous games.
Capcom already did the same with the GB Megaman games that featured bosses and (redesigned) stages from previous games, yet did not attempt to "replace" them. For example, the first GB Megaman relies on the existence of the NES games rather than retelling the story as if it was the first game anew. The manual clearly states Wily is at it again. Protoman too appears in them without being re-introduced.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 2 of 2 Page: Previous  1, 2

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1559s
Index - Back to Top