Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
Sega Saturn Controllers
[Replies: 4]  [Views: 1772]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General

chris_h
Bomberman

Post#1  Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:45 am  Reply with quote + 
My saturn controllers do not work great. The d-pad's are the worst. They are the 8 directional type, and sometimes they slip and go diagonal (killing me) instead of the single direction I had intended. I need some new ones any way to get up to 8 or 10 (I only have 7 now), and several of the 7 are old with buttons that occasionaly stick.

I plan on buying a few more on Ebayi. Can anyone recommmend a certain model (all new ones are third party)?

Anyway, I just finished a 5 hour session of Saturn Bomberman with 5 other guys on a large big-screen TV. :mrgreen:
View user profile Send Private Message
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#2  Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:09 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yeah Ebay is your best bet but I'd probably go with first party controllers, especially if you can find them new. As controllers go 1st party is always better. Sadly though Sega's controllers dont seem to have long lifespans especially the genesis ones. I've been through so many genesis controllers. Good luck on your search. A new third party controller might be a good idea if you don't play your saturn a super lot.
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#3  Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:21 pm  Reply with quote + 
Odd, everyone says how easy it is to go threw this or that controler, i don't think i've ever damaged a controller beond playability, and i can get into it. (one time we were playing some intence ice hockey on the nes... it was such a good match both me and my opponents hands cramped up from playing hard on them tiny nes controllers)
chris_h
Bomberman

Post#4  Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:34 pm  Reply with quote + 
Well, these controllers did not work well when I bought them on ebay a while back (they came with the system and multitaps).

I think sometimes time can do a controller in. My NES controllers worked fine in the 80's when when my brother and I used them constantly, but now after15 years in a box a key will sometimes stick on the rare occasions that I use them.
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#5  Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:25 am  Reply with quote + 
iv bust plenty of PSone controllers, the Ls and Rs seem to constently stick, iv also bust a crappy 3rd party one for the cube but it was only a fiver anyway and it hald like and Xbox one

whenever i want a new controller for an old system i go down to Gamestation (dunno if these stores exsist outside of the UK), the buckett of old controlers is huge, theres ushally two or three for the system in question im looking for, sometimes the odd multitap too
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1280s
Index - Back to Top