Which bomberman game has the best multiplayer mode? POLL
[Replies: 28]  [Views: 13932]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: 1, 2  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General

chris_h
Bomberman

Post#1  Posted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:00 am  Reply with quote + 
I vote for SaturnBomberman, but I have not played anything newer, and there are imperfections which leave room for improvement... 10 players :mrgreen:

Ti-83 bomberman comes in second.

(Poll wont let me add enough options, so just respond)
View user profile Send Private Message
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#2  Posted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:56 am  Reply with quote + 
As far as multiplayer goes yeah, Saturn Bomberman was probably the best. I think Saturn Bomberman is better 8 players though. Yoiu get more courses to use and it is easier to see what you are doing. Unless you actually have 9 or 10 people and a big tv, playing that way isnt really worth it.

My 2nd favorite is bomberman 64. The stages were interesting and it was really fun throwing my opponents off the stage. *snicker*
Angelus
Bomberdude

Post#3  Posted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:49 pm  Reply with quote + 
Definately Bomberman Party edition. It was made to be multiplayer and nothing much else. Love how it featured the 4 Bomber Kings from Super Bomberman 4.
Razon
Board Admin

Post#4  Posted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:59 pm  Reply with quote + 
I would say Bomberman Online, mainly because I never really got to play other bomberman games with people except for a gba one.
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#5  Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:53 pm  Reply with quote + 
another vote here for Bomberman party edishion

however i mostly play SB4 for multiplayer fun :P
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#6  Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:09 pm  Reply with quote + 
Bomberman Generations.
I loved the Dodge Battle game.
chris_h
Bomberman

Post#7  Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:28 pm  Reply with quote + 
I considered buying a playstation and Bomberman party edition a while back, but when I asked here (old board I think) no one had much to say about it.

Hammer Bomber and Angelus, have you played Saturn Bomberman?

I suppose that this poll is really "which bomberman game is your favorite for multiplayer mode" since people will not likely vote that the best multiplayer mode is in a game which they have never played even if they would prefer it if they had they played it.
ChronoBall X
Bomberdude

Post#8  Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:47 am  Reply with quote + 
I liked Bomberman 64: Second attack's multiplayer, I thought it had some cool modes like the "capture the 3 Keys", and"Capture the King"
Ven
Bomberdude

Post#9  Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:33 am  Reply with quote + 
Bomberman Online PC is by far the best. I don't think it needs to be explained why.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#10  Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:18 pm  Reply with quote + 
I think that the game with the best multiplayer to go towards ethier Bomberman 64 1 or Saturn Bomberman. BMan 64 because of the whole custom bomber thing and Saturn for 8-10 player battles.

Last edited by Soniti 254 on Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:24 pm

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#11  Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:41 pm  Reply with quote + 
I can say for certain that the Bomberman whose battle mode I played and enjoyed the most was Super BMan2.
Might not be just for the merits of said game (versus those that followed) as much as it was because I had more friends who were into the game at that time.
Even so, I think it's the best because it's not all too simple like some others nor overly elaborate like most later ones (with pets to ride, post-mortem bombing from the sides etc...)
It was right to the point.
FireFox516
Bombertrainee

Post#12  Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:58 pm  Reply with quote + 
I personally enjoyed both Bomberman Generation's and TSA!'s Battle Modes the most. Generation had the classic style, and I love the different game types on it. As for TSA's battle, I always thought the classic version in it sucked, but I love Kings & Knights and Battle Royale. Though I also love SB2 on the SNES. Hmmm...

I haven't played SaturnBomberman, though...
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#13  Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:39 am  Reply with quote + 
I definitely had a ton of fun with Bomberman Generation's multiplayer - even though I'm the biggest loser in the world and play it as me against three other computer characters. That should say something about its multiplayer. TSA was also fun, but I wish you could've chosen the other main characters as possible characters for it, like Lilith, Rukifellth, and the Elemental Knights. That would have been hella fun. ZHAEL VS ZONIHA: CATFIGHT!

...ahem. What did anyone think about Jetters' multiplayer? All I remember is that each character had a special, unique ability.

AO3 | deviantArt | Tumblr
Bluesky | Twitter | Ko-Fi
Bombermanga | Bomber Base | B-Daman Now, Dog!

If I don't wield the bomb, I can't protect you. If I keep wielding the bomb, I can't embrace you.
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#14  Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:15 am  Reply with quote + 
unfortunately i have never played saturn bomberman

ontop of that, i have never seen a saturn ever, well iv seen pictures on the net but never an actual machine
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#15  Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:39 am  Reply with quote + 
Ah yes, special abilities endowed characters is in fact teh awesome. I believe Super Bomberm 4 (which featured the game's bosses) was the first to have those.
And yeah Sora, that's pretty much it. The stages weren't particularly original (but no bad either) and the alternative modes were not as good as Generation, with the possible exception of the knock out battle in which you don't die unless an explosion throws you off the area (a la Smash Bros)

Also of note would be Neo Bomberman's battle mode that (being an arcade game) was kind of a trounament with increasing difficulty. Very cool, even if played alone.

There's always much hype about Saturn Bomberman, especially the battle mode. Naturally I have not played it, like most of us, but from what I heard it sounds like your average post SBMan3 battle mode (pets and bombing from the sides after death) with the max number of players being 10 but without any other special features like character specific abilities.
Though it does have a couple of cool exclusive power ups...
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#16  Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:22 pm  Reply with quote + 
Sora G. Silverwind wrote:
TSA was also fun, but I wish you could've chosen the other main characters as possible characters for it, like Lilith, Rukifellth, and the Elemental Knights. That would have been hella fun. ZHAEL VS ZONIHA: CATFIGHT!

That would've been awesome, but the only boss I remember actullay using bombs was Bulzeeb (or Regulus, which I personally like better), and those were those instana death bombs, so it would've been more of a different kind of multiplayer game featuring Bomberman instead of an actual Bomberman multiplayer game, if that makes any sense to you. (unless, of course, the only thing the bosses would do in multiplayer mode is drop bombs and nothing else, which would be totally uncool.)

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#17  Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:33 pm  Reply with quote + 
SSJ-Sonic 254 wrote:
Sora G. Silverwind wrote:
TSA was also fun, but I wish you could've chosen the other main characters as possible characters for it, like Lilith, Rukifellth, and the Elemental Knights. That would have been hella fun. ZHAEL VS ZONIHA: CATFIGHT!

That would've been awesome, but the only boss I remember actullay using bombs was Bulzeeb (or Regulus, which I personally like better), and those were those instana death bombs, so it would've been more of a different kind of multiplayer game featuring Bomberman instead of an actual Bomberman multiplayer game, if that makes any sense to you. (unless, of course, the only thing the bosses would do in multiplayer mode is drop bombs and nothing else, which would be totally uncool.)

This is true, but I would've found it better to see familiar faces as multiplayer choices than the seemingly random "other" characters that were offered. I was like "WHERE DID THESE GUYS COME FROM?!" Were they from some Bomberman game that I'm just not familiar with because 1) it was on SNES or earlier or 2) it was on a console other than a Nintendo console? They should've predated BMJ on this and had the Elemental Knights and the pirates as multiplayer characters with unique abilities. Of course then poor Bomberman would be at a disadvantage...

If I don't wield the bomb, I can't protect you. If I keep wielding the bomb, I can't embrace you.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#18  Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:29 pm  Reply with quote + 
Bomberman 64: The Fighting game!

List of playable characters....

Bomberman
Pommy
Lilith
Ashtarth
Behemos
Zhael
Molok
Baelfael
Zoniha
Regulus
Artemis
Orion
Sirius
Nitros

Secret characters
Rukifellth(Boss character ala akuma/rugal)
*Lame Spoiler*------------Highlight ahead----------------------------------------Evil/Hyper/whatever Sirius(Boss)
BHB Soldier
various other characters.....

Each character would have their own stage, song and path of progression for battles...
Like Bomberman would have to face rukifellth at the end, regulus would face bomberman at the end something like that.

Anyone good at making videogames? lol, theres an idea for a dojin game.

Last edited by Regulus 777 on Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:32 pm
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#19  Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:30 pm  Reply with quote + 
Normally (in cases such as BMan Jetters) that sort of issue is solved by having boss character fight like Bomberman but with an additional special ability which is limited in some way.

SBMan4 for one made them slow to a crawl and lose all bomb up and fire ups temporarily every time their ability was used (unless you previously entered the infamous 5656 code, then you can blast away with Bazooka and Jet Bomber, wohoo!)
Neo Bomberman's handicap was that most abilities utterly sucked. I'm not even kidding. Kotetu's however did not and I hate him with a passion for this.
Jetters allowed you to use the special ability only once (or activate for a limited time) after you dropped a certain number of bombs, thus filling up a special bar.

Usually Bomberman would in fact end up being the character that has no advantage at all. Fortunately for Jetters they gave him a special ability too.

The puny excuses for alternative characters in BMan64:TSA, indeed have no place in a Bomberman game and it is truly hard to imagine what possessed the programmers to use such weirdos when they could simply dig into older games for cool characters (I mean if they were too lazy to make new cool characters or use the ones in TSA giving them Special attacks)
Interestingly most (if not all) of these freaks appear fitting for a fantasy setting, which would have made them more appropriate for Bomberman Wars or World (World is not fantasy, but the battle mode characters are a throw back to its prequel Wars).
...of course for those games Hudson was sensible enough to come up with fantasy style bombermen rather than extremely conventional (although goofy looking) humanoid characters that for some reason happen to drop bombs.

Quote:
BHB Soldier

Would his special power be that of being incurably pitiful?
The irony that Hige-Hige soldiers are among the most dangerous characters in the BMan Jetters battle mode does not escape me.

By the way... it's a real shame there's not a Mugen like program to make Bomberman characters battle, isn't it?

Last edited by Duke Serkol on Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:19 am
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#20  Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:00 pm  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
Bomberman 64: The Fighting game!

List of playable characters....

Bomberman
Pommy
Lilith
Ashtarth
Behemos
Zhael
Molok
Baelfael
Zoniha
Regulus
Artemis
Orion
Sirius
Nitros

Secret characters
Rukifellth(Boss character ala akuma/rugal)
*Lame Spoiler*------------Highlight ahead----------------------------------------Evil/Hyper/whatever Sirius(Boss)
BHB Soldier
various other characters.....

Each character would have their own stage, song and path of progression for battles...
Like Bomberman would have to face rukifellth at the end, regulus would face bomberman at the end something like that.

Holy schnazz! Soul!Calibur!Bomberman! I love it! Let's get this idea to Hudson!

Duke Serkol wrote:
The irony that Hige-Hige soldiers are among the most dangerous characters in the BMan Jetters battle mode does not escape me.

Memory lapse imminent for this one. What made them so dangerous?

*is apparently too lame to go check out the game again and see for herself, but hey more discussion is a good thing*

Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 2 Page: 1, 2  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2684s
Index - Back to Top