Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
Should I change my name?
[Replies: 3]  [Views: 2610]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General

Bonk
Bomberdude

Post#1  Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:50 am  Reply with quote + 
I'm the kind of nerd who google searches thier screen name in their spare time and I've discovered that not only is there a different Kuttlas in the world somewhere, there's also a band called Kuttlas. Evidence:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=30485546
http://www.notpopular.com/profiles/view.php?username=thisonegirl

Notice, both of them have a lot of crappy bands in their music lists, this makes me nervous. The band seems to find its only fanbase in young women with bad taste in music. God forbid that they someday become famous, I would be associated with crappy music. When trying to ridicule other people's bad tastes, they could just say "Hey kuttlas how could you try to be a snob when you're named after a crappy band?"

Now, when I say should I change my name I don't just mean here, kuttlas is my universal screenname. Needless to say I was quite distraught when I discovered that somebody, somewhere decided to steal my name and give it to a band that from the looks of it is modern hippie music.
View user profile Send Private Message
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#2  Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:37 pm  Reply with quote + 
Its your name dude. Kuttlas is what you are known as now. We all know you as kuttlas. It's too late to change your name. Once you have an alias it can only be changed and recognized by some great feat or an unusual twist of fate.

Who cares if this band has the same name as you. We'll always know you were kuttlas anyway. If people know you before they find out about this stuff you'll have no problems. People that are too stupid to realize that your alias is an original name after being told such rather then naming yourself after something else, don't deserve your attention anyway.

Well before I stop making sense, I think you should just keep your name. Who cares about those other people? If I met an internet idiot named regulus i wouldn't give it a second look, nevermind question my own alias. You are not known for your name, you are known for your acheivements or your character. Your alias is an easy way to refer to one individual but the alias loses its purpose if it changes from time to time.

Wow I flipped on that one.
Angelus
Bomberdude

Post#3  Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:36 pm  Reply with quote + 
There is an Angelus in another forum that my friend is on, and hes a total moron. he likes skitlers(skittles he can't spell for crap). Hes really annoying and he even spelt his own name wrong. :mad: 
But im not changing my name because of it.
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#4  Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:03 am  Reply with quote + 
Um... Actually Kuttlas is a enemy in Donkey Kong Country 2, but nevermind that. It's your name, it doesn't metter if some other people use it too, especially if they're total idiots. It's not that hard to tell who's who on the internet even if the names are similar.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1345s
Index - Back to Top