Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
Bomberman and Bidaman Bakugaiden
[Replies: 17]  [Views: 8533]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk

ChronoBall X
Bomberdude

Post#1  Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:16 pm  Reply with quote + 
Japan seems to have quite a few other Rare Bomberman Tv series, while none of the others such as this were as Popular as Bomberman Jetters. but they still look interesting.

From what i Found about this Anime, Bomberman Bidaman Bakugaiden seems like another Alternate Universe Bomberman Series featuring Bombermen as Knight Heroes,has 48 episodes and also spawned a Sequel called Bakugaiden V, heres where I found about this

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=1211

This anime came out like in 1998, and since this tv series is so rare, chances of this ever getting subbed are very slim, We were Lucky enough to even Get Jetters Subbbed even though it was rare too,because unfortionatley Bomberman is'nt as popular as Megaman or Sonic.
View user profile Send Private Message
Bomberman3022
Board Moderator

Post#2  Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:27 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yes our old bombermanboard member/mod has a fan site http://www.wooti.net/bdaman/
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#3  Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:12 pm  Reply with quote + 
Oh yeah, Takara! She hasn't been here in ages. She was working on her own anime or something last i saw of her.
Omata
Bomberdude

Post#4  Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:19 am  Reply with quote + 
That is indeed B-DAMAN BAKUGAIDEN. Back then, it started off as BDAMAN. Two games were out for the SNES. From what I've heard, the DA in the name meant marble, which explained the marbles shooting out of their chests.

It got so popular it even got an Anime of it's own.

So yeah.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#5  Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:39 pm  Reply with quote + 
I played one of the snes BDAMAN roms. It was awful.... Not a good game at all.
Angelus
Bomberdude

Post#6  Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:22 am  Reply with quote + 
A couple months ago I drove myself insane looking for a place to get it (having run out of Bomberman JEtters and Orphen episodes).
I played Bdaman 2 for snes up to the part where I had to duel a Pretty Bomber Bdaman.
TheRyuujinMike
Bomberbie

Post#7  Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:09 pm  Reply with quote + 
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#8  Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:00 am  Reply with quote + 
there was another one that wasent included on that list, i found it on youtube last week but it seems to have dissapeared,
CrystalBomber
Bomberdude

Post#9  Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:05 pm  Reply with quote + 
I have only seen 2 episodes of this series, they were in Cantonese and unsubbed. It was interesting, and of course I couldn't understand anything except for the random garble of English that happened twice. Rik and Wing/Takara uploaded them a long time ago. On their fansite they had a link to where you could buy parts of the series, but I never got around to trying that out.
JET_ALONE
Bomberdude

Post#10  Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:40 pm  Reply with quote + 
Oh yeah I already knew about this. Apparently you can find the series in VCD format around Hong Kong? I dunno.

I'd love to get the music from the anime. :wink: 

Oh, I was also searching on an obscure auction site when I came across a weird robot BDaman figure available, apparently from Bomberman. I didn't think it was until I saw Shirobon in the corner, and I found ouit it was a BDaman from the series in question. I think they used giant robots in the anime.

And I think this was based of the BDaman franchise as a whole, which wasn't just Bomberman. You can get other BDaman figures from, for example Rockman EXE and Donkey Kong series, even now.
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#11  Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:06 am  Reply with quote + 
yea, Bdamen has become quite popular in the UK, the figures in question are just random robots, not anyone from a serise but they have practiclly replaced Micro Machines as the thing that you step on first when you walk into a 6 year olds room
JET_ALONE
Bomberdude

Post#12  Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:35 am  Reply with quote + 
Oh yeah. I've seen that on Cartoon Network. Pretty random anime series. It's just the BDaman franchise available in a new way for the western world.

Speaking of which, I have a copy of Bomberman B-Daman for Super Famicom. I got it factory sealed from Ebay! It came with a golden Bomberman BDaman too. So cute. And cool.
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#13  Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:17 pm  Reply with quote + 
Me too, love the little guy :laugh: 

Did you get the title screen to change? It took quite an effort to get such excellent scores, but the game has lots of rewards to offer.
ChronoBall X
Bomberdude

Post#14  Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:59 pm  Reply with quote + 
True,in America, We get a Different Version of B Daman Called Battle B Daman Which has Chibi Human Characters instead of the Bomberman Version
JET_ALONE
Bomberdude

Post#15  Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:03 am  Reply with quote + 
Quote:
Did you get the title screen to change? It took quite an effort to get such excellent scores, but the game has lots of rewards to offer.

...The title screen changes? To be honest I haven't really played it. I don't have a Super Famicom and my converter is outdated. So whenever I play it in my SNES it just gives me a useless test demo. And I've never bothered that much with emulation. I really wanna play it now, as it sounds good.

I've always enjoyed making colour schemes for the Bombers too. :happy: 
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#16  Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:07 am  Reply with quote + 
Yeah, color scheming is teh awesome, I remember being allowed to pick your color was one of my favorite features from SBMAN2's battle mode.

Anyway, yes the title screen undergoes modifications seveal times, but I won't spoil them unless you want me to.
I certainly enjoyed the game, but that was back when I had no internet and no emulation, meaning lots of time on my hands for playing the same game over and over :wink: 

And that's too bad your converter won't work with the game. I know the feeling because I have the same problem with Panic Bomber (but at least I have the box and manual which is good :happy: )
JET_ALONE
Bomberdude

Post#17  Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:38 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yeah don't spoil it as you've made the game sound decent now. :happy: 

Panic Bomber W? That games goes for insaneley cheap online and I love the soundtrack. I should really get it someday. That and a Super Famicom. Expensive though. :cry: 
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#18  Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:30 pm  Reply with quote + 
I should probably say though (lest you be disappointed) that it not the entirety of the title screen that changes.

Have fun :veryhappy: 

I'd be sadder about PaniBom, except I suck at Puyo Puyo, so I'd probably end up using save states on SNES9X anyway...
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1666s
Index - Back to Top