question About Mighty and Shirobon
[Replies: 14]  [Views: 6668]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk
Users watching this topic: 1  
ChronoBall X
Bomberdude

Post#1  Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:41 pm  Reply with quote + 
OK, this Question has been Puzzling me in My head for some Time Now.

If Mighty Bomber is Shirobon's Older Brother, than how come Mighty was'nt in any of the classic Nes Bomberman games. unless for some Odd Reasons that Mighty Bomber was the original Bomberman from the Nes,SNES games. kind of like how Cranky Kong was the original Donkey Kong.

Or Does Bomberman Jetters Take place in a completely different universe from the other Bomberman Games.

In other words, Is Shirobon the same Bomberman From the Nes,SNES,and N64 or was it mighty, because in the Bomberman Jetters anime they portrayed Shiro as a Lazy Whiney Slacker, thats not how he was at all in the older games.

Thanks for helping me with this question, I appreciate it.
View user profile Send Private Message
Razon
Board Admin

Post#2  Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:53 pm  Reply with quote + 
Its most likely in a whole new universe.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#3  Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:56 pm  Reply with quote + 
That's my opinion too. I don't think they are directly relted to each other in plotline.
KakaoMinze
Bomberdude

Post#4  Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:10 pm  Reply with quote + 
well... I have my therories about that...

on the first site, it could be possible that Mighty Bomber ist the old Bomberman, who maybe traveling around for Adventures and for piece on earth / Galaxy, cause when you saw Bomberman Jetterz Episode 48, Mighty used thunder bomb, and the old Bomberman can use Thunder Bomb too (Bomberman 64 the second attack).

on the other site, the whole story of Bomberman Jetterz does really play in another timeline, means Mighty and Shirobon, both of them could be the son's of the old Bomberman. .... Okay, this sounds weird.... bad bad fantasy...
But when you see Mighty, his eyebrowns are exactly like the same of the old Bomberman, his reactions in some situations too.

No one know's the truth, the only thing we have are our therories and our fantasy...
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#5  Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:30 pm  Reply with quote + 
I've always considered Bomberman Jetters to be a completely different universe/continuity from the other Bomberman games/series. It's its own world, if that makes any sense, and I get the sense that that's how the series was intended. So I never thought about whether Mighty or Shirobon were related to the Bomberman of, say, Bomberman Generation.

AO3 | deviantArt | Tumblr
Bluesky | Twitter | Ko-Fi
Bombermanga | Bomber Base | B-Daman Now, Dog!

If I don't wield the bomb, I can't protect you. If I keep wielding the bomb, I can't embrace you.
KakaoMinze
Bomberdude

Post#6  Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:36 pm  Reply with quote + 
I never played Bomberman Generation, but a friend of mine have the game.
Could it be, that the Bomberman in Generation is Shirobon but older ? o_O
I mean, the HigeHige-Dan and Dr. Ain are in the game too...
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#7  Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:22 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yeah but they were also in Saturn Bomberman also which is approximately 10 years old now and bomberman is shown like the orignal style he was in.

I'm still definately for the argument that its its own universe.
Charabomber
Bomberbie

Post#8  Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:08 pm  Reply with quote + 
I believe they just had to add more characters to the anime, cause you cant just have Shirobon, that would be boring.
ChronoBall X
Bomberdude

Post#9  Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:51 pm  Reply with quote + 
I think it's unknown if Jetters is in the same continuality as Generations.

Generations came out on March 2002, 8 months before the Jetters anime premired on October 2002(the same year the Jetters game came out in japan)

while the English Jetters game came out in 2004 in America.

If Shirobon was older in Generations, than that would mean, they should have switched it to Jetters coming out Before Generations, and not the other way around,

so my theory is, I think Jetters is an Alternate Universe Bomberman Game

Take the Megaman Games for example, Capcom spunned off Dozens of Spin offs taking place in they're own contiuality, (with the exception of the Zero Series which takes place 100 years after the X series)

and Capcom never stated any Reasons on what happened to the original Megaman in the X series after dr light built X.
Phantom Kensai
Bomberbie

Post#10  Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:55 pm  Reply with quote + 
... Why'd you quote yourself?

The only exception to the Mega Man continuity is Battle Network/.EXE.

The Classic, X, Zero, ZX, and Legends games are all one timeline, in that order.
JET_ALONE
Bomberdude

Post#11  Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:10 pm  Reply with quote + 
I always thought Jetters was the backstory or prequel or something to the usual Bomberman, despite the fact that games are usually light on the story. I mean, look at Rui. He's a baby. Does that mean he grows up with Shirobon later?
ChronoBall X
Bomberdude

Post#12  Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:33 pm  Reply with quote + 
Phantom Kensai wrote:
... Why'd you quote yourself?

The only exception to the Mega Man continuity is Battle Network/.EXE.

The Classic, X, Zero, ZX, and Legends games are all one timeline, in that order.

Oops, My Bad, I accidently Double Post ^^, I was trying to edit my previouse reply, but I pushed quote by mistake.

And to Answer MaxBombers Question, I don't Think Rue is anyway related to Louie on Bomberman Hero. in the Bomberman Universe, there are dozens of Green Kangeroos along with different color ones. (Unless Rue was Louie's Japanese Name)

Also, another Reason why Jetters could be a different continuality because Pommy is'nt even in the Jetters Anime ( Yes, Pommy was used as a Charabom Helper in the Jetters Game), if White Bomber Met Pommy in Second attack for the 64 2 years before Jetters, than should'nt he be in the Jetters Anime?

But who knows, thats just me. :surprise: 
Glair Bomber
Bomberdude

Post#13  Posted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:38 am  Reply with quote + 
Rui isn't Louie's Japanese name. It all comes down to how the Japanese pronounce words; they roll the "L" sound because there is no "L" in the Japanese "alphabet." So their "L" sounds like "R." Anime-kraze subbed it as "Rui," however, since... well, since they just chose to do it that way I guess.

But one thing is certain; Rui = Louie

Er, I don't know if that made sense to anyone. I'm not very good and explaining these things. :oops: 

Hero the level 43 Meowth!
CrystalBomber
Bomberdude

Post#14  Posted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:55 am  Reply with quote + 
I really don't think that Jetterz is a continuation or prequel to anything...
JET_ALONE
Bomberdude

Post#15  Posted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:23 am  Reply with quote + 
Quote:
Also, another Reason why Jetters could be a different continuality because Pommy is'nt even in the Jetters Anime ( Yes, Pommy was used as a Charabom Helper in the Jetters Game), if White Bomber Met Pommy in Second attack for the 64 2 years before Jetters, than should'nt he be in the Jetters Anime?

He's not in the anime because he's in the GBA Jetters game as Mighty's Charabon, which is the backstory to the anime. I think...It's the story of Mighty's last mission before he went missing or something.

Quote:
Rui isn't Louie's Japanese name. It all comes down to how the Japanese pronounce words; they roll the "L" sound because there is no "L" in the Japanese "alphabet." So their "L" sounds like "R." Anime-kraze subbed it as "Rui," however, since... well, since they just chose to do it that way I guess.

But one thing is certain; Rui = Louie

Er, I don't know if that made sense to anyone. I'm not very good and explaining these thing

Yeah that was...Confusing. But yeah I'm familliar with how Japanese works, but I always thought that Rooey's were the actual species of the animals (KangaROO = Kangarooey = Rooey = Rui = Louie?) like Yoshi. Yoshi is the name of Yoshi and that's also the species. Yoshi...:mystery: 

Well yeah, it's probably not a prequel, but it sure looks as if it is. And Shirobon has met Pommy dozens of times for the "First time". Maybe they're all different Pommy's...Or maybe the storyline isn't canonical at all anyway, which is probably the case.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1732s
Index - Back to Top