B-Daman battle
[Replies: 10]  [Views: 5105]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk
Users watching this topic: 1  
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#1  Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:38 am  Reply with quote + 
I just saw this anime this morning. It has the same name as Bomberman B-Daman almost and I was wondering what the relation is. In the show they fight each other with little roots that shoot marbles kind've like in Bomberman B-Daman. I just found it interesting and though it may not be related to Bomberman I thought it may be related to the late hudson or something. If anyone knows anything drop a line.
View user profile Send Private Message
Akagi-Ron
Bomberman

Post#2  Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:06 am  Reply with quote + 
I dont tnink i've herd of it before. the only Bomberman Anime i knew were Bman Jetters and BB Bakugaiden. Is this B-Daman an old anime or has it just came out?
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#3  Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:37 am  Reply with quote + 
I saw it on Jetix this morning. From what I saw it had nothing to do with bomberman other than the marble shooting. There weren't any bombermanesque characters.

Here is some more information http://www.tv.com/battle-b-daman/show/34564/summary.html&full_summary=1
THE Gold Bomberman
Bomberman

Post#4  Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:54 am  Reply with quote + 
Wow... i thought i was the only one who even gave a second thaught about this show having anything to do with the b-man b-daman cartoon that every one talks about on this board. I never actually had seen an episode of this show on jetix(it looks dumb anyway), but knowing now that it actually had nothing to do with bomberman, i later just assumed that it was coincidental for the two titles having b-daman in them...
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#5  Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 3:23 am  Reply with quote + 
did it menshion Hudson in the credits?

Post#6  Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:12 pm  Reply with quote + 
Sorry to post nearly a month late, but there is a correlation. Kinda.
Might be hard to explain, because I don't know all of the story, but from what I know, it goes kinda like this: In the beginning, there were tiny little Bomberman B-Daman made by Takara with license from Hudson. As you know, an entire anime was structured around the concept to help sell these little guys. (Bakugaiden) However cute, though, the little toys were quickly being phased out by the "J-League" edition B-Daman characters, which originally bore more of a resemblance to Bomberman. (They had eyes, for one, and were generally brighter colored) There were also a handful of Hudson-made games that eased this transition for the public. (Check out B-Daman II for SNES and notice how it progressively goes from cute little Bombermen to squat little B-Daman) ... and then a new anime was created, focusing solely on the heroes of J-League and their B-Daman toys. Hudson switched to a more RPG style for these games, seen on the GB and GBC. So there became a split, and Bomberman B-Daman went one way, and J-League B-Daman went the other way forever. Long story short, the anime cartoon we're getting now is like the second to last or something created in Japan to sell B-Daman, one of the earlier "Battle Collectible Figure Toy Model" type toys we keep importing in droves. (Beyblade, anyone?)

And that's why the reference sticks in our brains, but doesn't seem to make sense at first. The B-Daman partnership swung off in two entirely different directions, and the more successful one was the Takara side, where little toy robots rapid-fire marbles at each other for no real reason. Go figure.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#7  Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:05 am  Reply with quote + 
You've done your homework there dude. Very knowledgable. Thanks for that info.
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#8  Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:23 pm  Reply with quote + 
The Guy who forgot to login... again. wrote:
Might be hard to explain, because I don't know all of the story, but from what I know, it goes kinda like this: In the beginning, there were tiny little Bomberman B-Daman made by Takara with license from Hudson. As you know, an entire anime was structured around the concept to help sell these little guys. (Bakugaiden) However cute, though, the little toys were quickly being phased out by the "J-League" edition B-Daman characters, which originally bore more of a resemblance to Bomberman. (They had eyes, for one, and were generally brighter colored) There were also a handful of Hudson-made games that eased this transition for the public. (Check out B-Daman II for SNES and notice how it progressively goes from cute little Bombermen to squat little B-Daman) ... and then a new anime was created, focusing solely on the heroes of J-League and their B-Daman toys. Hudson switched to a more RPG style for these games, seen on the GB and GBC. So there became a split, and Bomberman B-Daman went one way, and J-League B-Daman went the other way forever. Long story short, the anime cartoon we're getting now is like the second to last or something created in Japan to sell B-Daman, one of the earlier "Battle Collectible Figure Toy Model" type toys we keep importing in droves. (Beyblade, anyone?)

And that's why the reference sticks in our brains, but doesn't seem to make sense at first. The B-Daman partnership swung off in two entirely different directions, and the more successful one was the Takara side, where little toy robots rapid-fire marbles at each other for no real reason. Go figure.

That is too much of a creditable post to be from a guest.
Somebody has definitely forgot to login again...
Razon
Board Admin

Post#9  Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:50 pm  Reply with quote + 
Ao Bomber wrote:

But the IP address doesn't match any of the other members.. It only matches another guest post.
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#10  Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 6:11 pm  Reply with quote + 
Well folks, you know what that means, we have a well researched and insightful person as a guest, rare as it may be, lucky us, wonder if i know em : P.
Altair
Bomberdude

Post#11  Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:07 am  Reply with quote + 
Razon wrote:
Ao Bomber wrote:

But the IP address doesn't match any of the other members.. It only matches another guest post.

That's probably why his names "Member who forgot to login... again" lol. *shot*
Anyway, nice info guest man!
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1680s
Index - Back to Top