BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
The NINTENDO REVOLUTION AND THE G....(you'll see)
[Replies: 24]  [Views: 9999]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: 1, 2  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Users watching this topic: 1  
Poll Results

Will You Want a Revolution and/or GBA micro?
I WANT BOTH!
 20%  [ 2 ]
I
 60%  [ 6 ]
I
 0%  [ 0 ]
I dont want it.
 10%  [ 1 ]
i want it but i cant get it.
 10%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes: 10

bombatwist
Bomberman

Post#1  Posted: Tue May 17, 2005 9:59 pm  Reply with quote + 
Today, E3 showed a Press Conference of Nintendos New Products! It aired this morning on 9:00 AM PST. Im sure you all know about the

Yep Thats the revolution alright. but i bet you also didnt know about the

GAME BOY MICRO! It plays GBA games and you can add many different kinds of face plates on the front. But this portable system is not for popularity, it will be used to add to what others say when SP+DS vs. PSP to SP+DS+GBAM vs. PSP. really from 2vs1 to 2 and a half vs. 1. (i dont think that made much sense) but moving on!

Nintendo's Revolution

1-Wireless Online Wi-Fi capabilities built into the system.
2-512 mb of storage for memory storage like a built in memory card and i think its detachable
3-IBM technology + ATI video cards (since ATI and Nintendo are partners) ^.^
4-You can play DVDS!
5-The Capability to play Gamecube Games + the 12 cm i dont remember revolution cd games.
6-Not Really a feature but there is surely going to be a smash bros video game coming with the revolution since its the Nintendo President's Favorite Video game of all time XD. Hooray.
7-This is the mother of them all, and this is why they call it, THE REVOLUTION!

YOU CAN DOWNLOAD ALL GAMES FROM NES+SNES+N64 GAMES VIA WI-FI AND HOLD THEM IN THE 512 MB OF STORAGE THATS BUILT IN! For a fee but Nintendo promises to make all downloads cheap.
(Not gamecube games because Gamecube is still popular)

The thing that sucks is that they havent showed the controllers yet but all controllers will be wireless, that means NO MORE WIRED CONTROLLERS!

More Features are being made but havent been spoken of or leaked, more info will be told by before the end of this year.

The Revolution will make its way in the year 2006.

Links-
News: http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/05/17/news_6125078.html
News and other stuff on conference: http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/nintendo/index.php#nintendo-game-boy-micro-pic-103855
Pictures: http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/05/17/screenindex_6125078.html
NINTENDO's REVOLUTION OFFICIAL FORUSM!: http://forums.nintendo.com/nintendo/board?board.id=revolution

EDIT1- When i first get this i will download.... BOMBERMAN GAMES!!! ^.^

Last edited by bombatwist on Sun May 22, 2005 1:05 pm
View user profile Send Private Message
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#2  Posted: Tue May 17, 2005 10:17 pm  Reply with quote + 
Dear god. The mini game boy is tiny... I doubt it's gonna sell that well.
bombatwist
Bomberman

Post#3  Posted: Tue May 17, 2005 10:19 pm  Reply with quote + 
Heh, you cant always judge things from its size ya know. You never know, it might even be better than the GBA SP!
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#4  Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 12:39 pm  Reply with quote + 
If the gameboy gets any smaller than it is my hands will get too cramped. Bad enough playnig a few hours as it is.
Razon
Board Admin

Post#5  Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 12:46 pm  Reply with quote + 
Thats cool that you can download any old games free. Yeh I'll probably get the Revolution but not that weird micro.
S O N I C
Bomberdude

Post#6  Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 3:48 pm  Reply with quote + 
Wow you almost gave me a heart attack about the revoulation picture. And the mirco It can play Game Cube games right?

Ahh i dont know what to get either the Ps3,Nintendo Revoultion,Xbox 360,Nintendo Mirco.
-Sonic The Hedgehog

1m 4 n00b p?34$3 91v3 m3 m0n3? =)
Akagi-Ron
Bomberman

Post#7  Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 3:56 pm  Reply with quote + 
wow. :surprise:  it can play GC games too? the image might be too small though. How many consoles do Nintendo create.? :surprise: 
bombatwist
Bomberman

Post#8  Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 6:09 pm  Reply with quote + 
Sonic wrote:
Wow you almost gave me a heart attack about the revoulation picture. And the mirco It can play Game Cube games right?

Ahh i dont know what to get either the Ps3,Nintendo Revoultion,Xbox 360,Nintendo Mirco.

No the micro can only play gba games. its not supposed to be popular but just help the DS take over the PSP. I recommend either getting the Revolution or the Xbox 360. the PS3 is just way over priced. $483 for the system. Xbox 360 has a confirmed date which will be November 8, 2005. im thinking of getting both but im sure i will play the revolution more than the 360 ;D.
Razon
Board Admin

Post#9  Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 7:48 pm  Reply with quote + 
Bomba_Twist wrote:
Sonic wrote:

No the micro can only play gba games. its not supposed to be popular but just help the DS take over the PSP. I recommend either getting the Revolution or the Xbox 360. the PS3 is just way over priced. $483 for the system. Xbox 360 has a confirmed date which will be November 8, 2005. im thinking of getting both but im sure i will play the revolution more than the 360 ;D.
483.. Jeez what a freakin rippoff
I'll probably wait for a price drop.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#10  Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 8:44 pm  Reply with quote + 
Ian wrote:
wow. :surprise:  it can play GC games too? the image might be too small though. How many consoles do Nintendo create.? :surprise: 

Nintendo has made many consoles

NES
SNES
Virtual Boy
Game boy
Game boy Pocket
Game Boy Color
(The other gameboys)
Nintendo 64
Gamecube
DS
and soon the Revolution.

The best one? SNES duh! *shot*

As for my thoughts on the revolution, well.... We'll see.... It's alittle early in the game right now. If it can play gamecube games though thats a big plus. Dreamcast should've been able to play saturn games. I probably woulda got into it sooner...

Oh something I'd like to say about the controlers. I really hope they make the D pads bigger! The gamecube ones are way too small! Thats the only problem i have with the gamecube controllers. Bigger D pads! Okay.... I'm done.
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#11  Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 9:00 pm  Reply with quote + 
Wow... Someone else who thinks the D-pad is too small for the Gamecube.
bombatwist
Bomberman

Post#12  Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 9:05 pm  Reply with quote + 
O.O, for a second there i thought u stole blue bmans avatar and sig lol. i rewatched the video and i think i missed hearing the "purchase" word when they said u can download 20 years of nintendo content. i couldnt really hear it because of the crowd going insane >.<

EDIT-There was a rumor about a Nintendo virtual Reality system that u can play on Gamecube and the Nintendo's Revolution.

Links-
News: http://cube.ign.com/articles/613/613578p1.html?fromint=1
Videos: http://media.cube.ign.com/articles/613/613578/vids_1.html
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#13  Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 10:09 pm  Reply with quote + 
All i know is, microsoft is probably payingthree fourths the price for my new line of servers linux, ah thank you consoles capible of running linux and fast for dirt cheap. Plus they can play games.

Post#14  Posted: Thu May 19, 2005 8:33 am  Reply with quote + 
Quote:
YOU CAN DOWNLOAD ALL GAMES FROM NES+SNES+N64 GAMES FREE VIA WI-FI AND HOLD THEM IN THE 512 MB OF STORAGE THATS BUILT IN!
Wiill this improve the availability of rom's for PC emulation?
Razon
Board Admin

Post#15  Posted: Thu May 19, 2005 8:56 am  Reply with quote + 
Anonymous wrote:
Quote:
YOU CAN DOWNLOAD ALL GAMES FROM NES+SNES+N64 GAMES FREE VIA WI-FI AND HOLD THEM IN THE 512 MB OF STORAGE THATS BUILT IN!
Doubtfull and why would it matter?! Just buy the system I mean really enough emulation when you can have it working flawless with that.
MysticBomber
Bomberdude

Post#16  Posted: Thu May 19, 2005 9:32 am  Reply with quote + 
Yeah, and you can add or buy new levels and characters specially designed for the Revolution.
bombatwist
Bomberman

Post#17  Posted: Sat May 21, 2005 11:51 am  Reply with quote + 
Heres an update, you can only download the games if you pay a fee *moan*, but the good thing is they promise the fee to be very cheap. they are thinking to sell Pre-Paid cards and use them to download the games or to pay a fee when u download a game individually, i think the pre-paid cards are better.
Razon
Board Admin

Post#18  Posted: Sat May 21, 2005 12:16 pm  Reply with quote + 
Bomba_Twist wrote:
Heres an update, you can only download the games if you pay a fee *moan*, but the good thing is they promise the fee to be very cheap. they are thinking to sell Pre-Paid cards and use them to download the games or to pay a fee when u download a game individually, i think the pre-paid cards are better.
Give a link.. Because I thought I heard that it would be free in the confrence.
chris_h
Bomberman

Post#19  Posted: Sat May 21, 2005 4:34 pm  Reply with quote + 
Razon wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Quote:
Doubtfull and why would it matter?! Just buy the system I mean really enough emulation when you can have it working flawless with that.
I was the guest earlier.

I do not like 3d gaming, so I will not buy a console just so I can play games for the consoles I already have... unless it is cheap, but it probably will not be... and I would miss blowing the dust out of the cartrides.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#20  Posted: Sat May 21, 2005 5:37 pm  Reply with quote + 
lmao isn't blowing the dust out just so classic? Most people look at it as an annoying chore but hey..... we've come to like it. It's just not old school without dust blowing!
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 2 Page: 1, 2  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2272s
Index - Back to Top