Metropolis
[Replies: 10]  [Views: 4324]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk
Users watching this topic: 1  
THE Gold Bomberman
Bomberman

Post#1  Posted: Sun May 15, 2005 4:11 pm  Reply with quote + 
I was kinda interested in this anime when i saw the previews of it on adlut swim and also reading hammer bomber and reg's posts about the movie to. I had just seen metropolis on adult swim not to long ago and was wandering who all else here liked it?

I thought it was an alright movie, some times it was alittle cheesy, but other times it was preety cool. I dont think the movie had to be as long as it was sense it tend to drag alittle bit at times, but overall i still was'nt really bored with it or anything. I kinda enjoyed the movie even though the main part of the story line is a bit over used, but i know that this is based off of an old manga by Osamu Tezuka (and also has some similarities that resemble the 1927 silent film which was also called Metropolis) , so back then... that kind of story was alittle more original then it is today.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#2  Posted: Mon May 16, 2005 9:46 am  Reply with quote + 
I bought the movie at the end of last summer and I really liked it. I watched some of it the other night but I was tired and went to bed. Who was your favorite character? If you ask me Rock was the best although I also like Duke Red. heh. Not to mention the Detective who was pretty bad ass.
View user profile Send Private Message
Akagi-Ron
Bomberman

Post#3  Posted: Mon May 16, 2005 4:50 pm  Reply with quote + 
I seen it and i thought it was quite good :P . Reminds me of um some disney.
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#4  Posted: Thu May 19, 2005 1:38 pm  Reply with quote + 
excludeing jetters that is the only japerneas (i still cant spell that word) program/movie that i rearlly enjoyed. The charicters were all pretty typical so i diddnt perticually like anyone in perticular

Kinda reminded me of AI how all the robots were takeing everyones jobs
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#5  Posted: Thu May 19, 2005 10:54 pm  Reply with quote + 
Humans hating robots in society has become quite a popular theme. It was also used in the recent movie I Robot.
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#6  Posted: Fri May 20, 2005 11:54 am  Reply with quote + 
I thought it was only Will who hated them in that movie, everyone els joins in after they start takeing over the place
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#7  Posted: Fri May 20, 2005 12:46 pm  Reply with quote + 
Well Will Smith played a human right?
THE Gold Bomberman
Bomberman

Post#8  Posted: Fri May 20, 2005 10:58 pm  Reply with quote + 
What hammer was trieng to say was that the movie i robot was about Will Smith being the only human who doesnt like robots...( i didnt see the film i robot, im just going by what hammer said). Also, it seems like rock was the only human who hated robots in matropis but for a different reason why Will hated robots. Some differences between the two is that Will(what ever his name was in the movie) was the hero in ''i robot'' sense the robots in that movie were evill, while rock was the villian in matropolis because the robots in that movie were good. :stun: 

Well, even though rock was'nt very good... he still had a good reason for not liking robots. He thought of them as nothing more than mashines, but they might've been more than that. But thats a whole nother discussion about robots, and if they're able to have souls like us.
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#9  Posted: Sat May 21, 2005 2:46 am  Reply with quote + 
Hmmm... Robots hating humans...
*Cough* Reminds me of Mavericks.
THE Gold Bomberman
Bomberman

Post#10  Posted: Sat May 21, 2005 3:32 pm  Reply with quote + 
And matrix reminds me of all the other older movies, tv shows, and cartoons that had the same concept as well. :hilarious:  Thats why i was saying before how the plot in metropolis wasnt that original or anything, but i still liked it anyway. And i agree Ian, some of the animation in metropolis also reminded me of some disney movies as well. Sense the original mangas(like astro boy) that Tezuka wrote were supposed to be inspired by alot of disney works. Because If you look at the art style in the manga "lost world" or other ones, you'll knowticed that the art really looks more like popey the sailor man than it does an anime.
neoxpiko
Bomberbie

Post#11  Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:57 pm  Reply with quote + 
Very good movie :happy: 
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1387s
Index - Back to Top