Vent
Bomberdude

Post#161  Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:10 pm  Reply with quote + 
...They changed his name but kept references to braininess in his profile. ¬_¬
View user profile Send Private Message
herrDoktorat
Bomberman

Post#162  Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:28 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yep... his character profile in the Japanese site even has the "Brain" part of the description in katakana just to hammer the point home.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#163  Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:55 pm  Reply with quote + 
I don't get it either, Vent. It's the most confusing change so far, in my opinion.
SailorBomber
Bomberdude

Post#164  Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:06 pm  Reply with quote + 
I still do not understand why changing names, it was not necessary, and less those names that do not make sense, At least their personalities are the same, I think
Bomberjack

Post#165  Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:20 pm  Reply with quote + 
Reblogged some magazine scans here. BDR says there's no information there that we don't already know, but I figured it was worth posting for the official art.

AO3 | deviantArt | Tumblr
Bluesky | Twitter | Ko-Fi
Bombermanga | Bomber Base | B-Daman Now, Dog!

If I don't wield the bomb, I can't protect you. If I keep wielding the bomb, I can't embrace you.
herrDoktorat
Bomberman

Post#166  Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:34 pm  Reply with quote + 
YES, FULL BODY ARTWORK OF ALL THE FI—

*beep*

Regardless, thank you for the heads up, Sora. :>
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#167  Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:01 pm  Reply with quote + 
Awesome find. Thanks!

Side note: a caption calls the Phantom Bomber boss "Phantom Robo", though whether that's its actual name is debatable.

EDIT: Looking at it again, it actually seems to say that there are "more than 50 stages" in the Story Mode (50面以上). So... >50 stage confirmed?
SailorBomber
Bomberdude

Post#168  Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:33 pm  Reply with quote + 
herrDoktorat wrote:
YES, FULL BODY ARTWORK OF ALL THE FI—

*beep*

Regardless, thank you for the heads up, Sora. :>

This really is cruel, I wanted to see the feet of prettyBomber :cry: 
Bomberman

Post#169  Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:35 am  Reply with quote + 
@Sailor, me too... while doing the gifs in the previous page, I noticed a few pixels that could indicate that she wears high heels, but they were too small and blurry to know for sure.

The golden letters above the thing Plasma translated say 50 stages plus alpha, which basically means something extra. This is something to keep in mind, I feel, especially considering this tidbit in Buggler's character profile:

Quote:
For his final battle against the Bombermen, it seems he has a startling trick waiting up his sleeve...

Last edited by herrDoktorat on Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:52 am
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#170  Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:13 am  Reply with quote + 
I still maintain that one of the siblings is going to go rogue and the extra stages are you and the rest of the bomberfam trying to get them to see reason. My vote's on Green, the conniving little bastard.

/not actually serious

If I don't wield the bomb, I can't protect you. If I keep wielding the bomb, I can't embrace you.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#171  Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:23 am  Reply with quote + 
Lol.

Well, since the game's story is based off of SB3, and since Buggler clearly has a robotic body, my assumption is that his head will fly off and attach to a reimagining of the Gattaider mech. This is assuming he has a two-part battle like before.

Last night and again this morning, I remembered that this is not the first time we've seen an official translation of Buggler's name.

In Bomberman '94, hidden within the ROM, it shows up as "Buglear". Which... doesn't make sense, as it's not even close to the Japanese pronunciation.

Additionally, in the PCE version of Panic Bomber, his name shows up as "Bugler" (even though it's not Professor Buggler, the Panic Bomber character's name is spelled the same way in katakana).
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#172  Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:05 am  Reply with quote + 
Whoops, figured I'd put this out there since it's coming up...

The Nintendo Switch preview event is coming to my area this weekend, so naturally I'm hoping to head out and get a taste of SBR. Assuming that I can 1) manage to get up at asscrack o'clock to beat the crowds and 2) to beat any existing crowds that had the same idea, is there anything about the game that people want me to check or report on?

herrDoktorat
Bomberman

Post#173  Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:20 pm  Reply with quote + 
Check out special abilities. Plasma said he thinks the main siblings don't have them, but maybe the button that would activate a special ability for some other character just makes them taunt, or do a pose. Also, maybe check out whether or not they have idle animations... and have fun!

Konami Europe was going to leave us with boring Yellow Bomber for the day, but Konami UK swooped in to save the day.
SailorBomber
Bomberdude

Post#174  Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:35 am  Reply with quote + 
If those are the likes of PrettyBomber about karaoke ... what will your tastes be in the Japanese version?
Board Admin

Post#175  Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:02 pm  Reply with quote + 
It's probably the same thing, since her biography is the same in the Japanese version. But, I don't believe there are any bio cards like this being released in Japanese; at least nobody here seems aware of any.

@Sora: Other than what Dok said, I guess, maybe try to see what the variety of battle stages is like... how many are unlocked for the preview, how they differ from each other, and what kinds of traps are in store, if there's anything we haven't seen so far.

So jealous...
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#176  Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:35 pm  Reply with quote + 
Yeah, I haven't seen any Japanese profile cards either. There's no sign of them on either Konami's JPN Twitter or the Japanese Bomberman Twitter accounts. Wonder what's up with that?

Man, y'all making me feel like I need to replay the battle modes on all the Bomberman games I have that have 'em, just so I can reasonably talk about it...

legato
Bomberman

Post#177  Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:54 pm  Reply with quote + 
I was googling Super Bomberman R today and found random things to share.

For starters, here's shots of the box and the game cart. They look like DS/Vita games!

And here's a link explaining different ways to do an 8 player battle: http://bigbossbattle.com/konami-detail-super-bomberman-r-multiplayer-modes/

Lastly here's Google Shopping which apparently found posters and stickers of the artwork of the characters? Sounds fishy: https://www.google.com/#q=super+bomberman+r&tbm=shop
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#178  Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:00 pm  Reply with quote + 
Very cool. Thanks for sharing.

Those stickers and things are from Redbubble. Someone just took the art, cropped/traced it, and put it up for sale. This is what gives sites like Redbubble a bad name... :shifty: 
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#179  Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:36 pm  Reply with quote + 
I'm glad to see an actual flowchart for how the multiplayer is going to work because it wasn't completely clicking with me for some reason. Like, it made sense before, but now it makes sense. /visual learner

Also, despite my best efforts to get up at around an actually decent/normal time, I ended up eating something for breakfast that disagreed quite sharply with me, so unfortch I won't be making it to the Switch preview event after all. :xeyes:  Well, at least it's only two weeks until boomsday...

Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#180  Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:37 pm  Reply with quote + 
Also, I'm torn between being amused and disappointed by the interior of the Western box art. Part of me liked the comic zaniness of the Japanese version, but part of me also likes the retro throwback of this one.

Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 9 of 14 Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1328s
Index - Back to Top