Toy Pop
[Replies: 2]  [Views: 1276]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Users watching this topic: 1  
PacBandicoot785
Bomberbie

Post#1  Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:48 pm  Reply with quote + 
I recently went back to play the first volume of the Namco Museum series for PSOne (Best Namco Museum in the series) just to try to see how I could beat my old high score and so far I've been hilariously failing.
There's this one game on there that's actually pretty fun which is Toy Pop, but it's not something casual arcade gamers would recognized compared with the likes of Pac-Man, Galaga, or Dig Dug. It's also I think one of the few Namco Arcade games that have simultaneous multiplayer where as most Namco arcade games are alternate taking turns multiplayer.
The gameplay is pretty similar to Bomberman since it focuses on destroying enemies, the enemies usually come from some portal, destroying boxes and sometimes item or powerup will popup. There's even one enemy in the game that looks similar to Barom.

Here are some images to bring your memories back up.

This game does look obscure, outside of Namco Museum Vol.1 and arcades this game never had any ports to other consoles over the years nor are they ever included on other Namco Museum collections, other than the Japan-only Virtual Console Arcade port. Although the characters do make cameos in Project X Zone 2 as a special attack. Anyone else one here had any experience with this game and also find it similar to Bomberman??

Last edited by PacBandicoot785 on Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:24 pm
View user profile Send Private Message
legato
Bomberman

Post#2  Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:42 pm  Reply with quote + 
Never heard of it but I'm surprised it's so close to Bomberman. Did you play as some kind of toy in a toy land or something?
PacBandicoot785
Bomberbie

Post#3  Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:22 pm  Reply with quote + 
Quote:
Never heard of it but I'm surprised it's so close to Bomberman. Did you play as some kind of toy in a toy land or something?

Yeah Basically, the first player you play as resembles Pinocchio and the second player resembles Red Riding Hood. The setting of the game looks like it takes place in a toy store to me.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1681s
Index - Back to Top