Bomberman Land 2
[Replies: 3]  [Views: 2434]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Users watching this topic: 1  
PacBandicoot785
Bomberbie

Post#1  Posted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:59 pm  Reply with quote + 
5 days ago something came in the mail. It was the "Bomberman Land 2" game for the GameCube. :veryhappy: 
[Collapse] Image

I was excited since I've watched a few gameplay vidoes on Youtube about game.
Since my Wii was modded and region free I was able to play this game. (This is not my first GameCube import I have more Japanese GameCube games). I also got a component cable I ordered a few weeks ago and it was around $5. And it looks very nice and bright. :happy: 

In this game (Like the original PS1 Bomberman Land) there is a Bomberman Park where you play mini-games and talk to people (In Japanese).
[Collapse] 2 Images

There's also a Survival Mode (An RPG mode where you could use different types of weapons (Like a boomerang, bomb, and silver hammer) and use them against your enemies and you have these small people that following you). The animation Bomberman does for when he uses the silver hammer is kind of slow.
[Collapse] Image

There's also 2 Puzzle modes.
This one is Panic Bomber. It's a remake of the original for the Virtual Boy. This time it lets you choose your other character icons other than the Bombers, so I used those cute cube like ones.
[Collapse] Image

There's another mode called SameGame which is basically like this game.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oVCvKs7XI

There's also a racing mode from "Bomberman Kart". PS2 owners would probably know about this game.
[Collapse] Image

In this game you also get to replay the mini-games to beat your High Score. The mini-games are more Game & Watch-esque.
[Collapse] 6 Images

As for the other stuff you could listen to some music, look at comics, and you could download one of the 10 minigames from your GameCube to your GameBoy Advance by using the GameCube-GameBoy Advance Link Cable. You could also link up to 4 GBA's to download the minigame to other GameBoys.

Bomberman Land 2 in my opinion is one of the few best Japanese GameCube games for importers next to "Nintendo Puzzle Collection" and those remakes of other classic Hudson games (Adventure Island, Bonk, Star Soldier, etc.). It's a must have for anyone who's a fan of Bomberman, anyone who loves party games, and anyone who is looking for a GameCube or PS2 import.Not much importers talk about this game so this game can be considered to be an underrated gem. In order to play Japanese games on a Wii or GameCube you need the Freeloader boot disc to play Import games (The easiest way of playing imports). This game seems to be overshadowed by the latest ones for the DS and Wii. If your having trouble with the Bomberman Park mode there is a FAQ you could look at on IGN and GameFAQS. Is there anyone who knows this game please post your opinion about it. I would love to hear more people talk about this game. :veryhappy: 

*UPDATE* Guys I'm seriously sorry about the image size, I took them with my iPhone camera. I'm not sure how to resize the image, I'm new here. :oops: 

Last edited by PacBandicoot785 on Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:16 pm
View user profile Send Private Message
Ragey
Board Admin

Post#2  Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:25 am  Reply with quote + 
Thanks for the report! The Bomberman Land games are a bit of a mystery to me (based solely off the PSP and Wii versions), but from the looks of this I should really give this one a go sometime, especially the Survival Mode. It's a pity I have the PS2 version - the Wii is so much more convenient for playing imports!

Do all Japanese GameCube games come in that cardboard packaging, by the way? It looks neat, but I'd have no way of keeping that thing in one piece, I'm terrible at storing things.
PacBandicoot785
Bomberbie

Post#3  Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:02 pm  Reply with quote + 
Ragey wrote:
Do all Japanese GameCube games come in that cardboard packaging, by the way? It looks neat, but I'd have no way of keeping that thing in one piece, I'm terrible at storing things.

Compared to the American/European GameCube cases, the GameCube cases in Japan are small and transparent. And the cardboard packaging your referring to is actually where you slide in and out the case.
When I saw a Japanese GameCube game for the first time I was surprised at the size of the packaging. It was small compared to other cases. :happy: 
HienFan
Bomberman

Post#4  Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:03 am  Reply with quote + 
I have that game for the PS2, it was pretty ambitious although some of their ideas are still kinda clunky
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1409s
Index - Back to Top