Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk
Users watching this topic: 3  
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#21  Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:28 pm  Reply with quote + 
The anime i've been watching right now is

Fullmetal Alchemist (My bro and I currently have all the DVDs releashed, although we haven't watched the last volume yet)
Kirby of the Stars (the original subbed version of 4kids' buthered up Kirby: Right Back at Ya!)

My favorite anime of all time is as follows, in no particular order

Robotech (I only really remember the first saga, but I absoluatly loved it)
Sonic the Hedgehog (the movie releashed by ADV, I don't wish to watch the 4kids butchered Sonic X, however, if I can watch it subbed, that'd be great too I bet)
Crono Crusade (I loved this anime, the ending really made me feel sad)

I'm not too much of an anime watcher, but I do show interest in it.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
View user profile Send Private Message
JET_ALONE
Bomberdude

Post#22  Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:48 pm  Reply with quote + 
My first anime ever was either Ulysees or Blood Lust. I can't believe my dad made me watch that when I was that young. I was pretty scared. :sad: 

:normal:  Um, well I started seeing this weird game series called Pocket Monsters in Nintendo magazines, then saw the anime on TV one day. Few weeks later, the craze started.

After that, well I got all my anime from Cartoon Network because I was like, 3 or 1 or something at the time. So DragonBall Z and all that stuff really. Shudder.

So when I moved, I got into more. Can't remember how or when, but obviously I saw allot of dubs such as Kirby and Megaman NT Warrior. :down:  But now I've seen great anime such as Neon Genesis and Chobits and even Final Fantasy Unlimited is good. But none of that is very recent. I can't concentrate on anime that much, too expensive and time costly. :oops: 
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#23  Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:55 am  Reply with quote + 
I've been wanting to try Chobits. It seems to be pretty well liked. I might make that my next series once I finish all the stuff i bought at anime boston like a month ago....

I still have to watch......

Full Metal Alchemist volume 10
His and Her cricumstances (box set)
Happy Lesson (whole seires)
Silent Mobius (I've watched the first thrid of the series so far.... I like it.)
Magic Knight Rayearth TV series 1 ( read the manga, bought the anime... *shrug*)

I've been so unmotivated to do anything lately....

By the way....

Welcome back Crystal Bomber! Long time no see eh?
ChronoBall X
Bomberdude

Post#24  Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:29 am  Reply with quote + 
Sailor Moon and DragonBall and DBZ were what got me Hooked to Anime along with Samurai Pizza Cats and Pokemon way back in the early 90's around 1995-1998 (This was Way Back before I was introduced to Toonami around 1999)

I've Been an anime Fan for Like 12 Years, I'm now 23 years old and still Watching it Today, I Buy Dvds and Download them.

DBZ Was good for awhile, but than it just got tiresome and Repetitive, Same thing With Inuyasha, I just Lost interest in it.

These Are My current Fav Anime

Tsubasa Chronicles

Sonic X( 4kids Messed it up and Cutted it up so Bad Censoring all the good Violent and Death Scenes so Much and all the Crappy Voices, it just became unbearable to watch, The japanese version is better)

In Episode 38 of Sonic X, I was so Pissed that 4kids Cutted out the Song" Live anf Learn" the Intro Sonic From Sonic Adventure 2: Battle for Dreamcast/Gamecube.

Onepiece (Japanese Version)- Like all Bad Dubs that they licensed, 4Kids messed up on onepiece so Much Skipping 30 Episodes worth of 2 Story arcs in an Attempt to introduce Tony Chopper too Early and the Voices make me bleed more than the English Jetters Voices.

Luffy's English voices needs to be shot in the Bloody Corpse :hilarious: 

Naruto (Japanese Version)

Bleach

Flame Of Recca

YuYu Hakusho

Law Of Ueki

Bomberman Jetters ( One of my Fav Video Game Icons next to Mario,Sonic and Megaman, and Bomberman 64 is what got me Obsessed with Bomberman, Why else would I be here at this site :P )

.Hack//Sign

.Hack//Roots

Chrono Crusade

Rockman Beast ( the 5th Megaman Nt Warrior Tv series only in japan)

Digimon

Tokyo Mew Mew ( It's a Cute Funny Magical Shoujo Series, it's Like Sailor Moon, Only with Cat/Animal Girls in cool Costumes)

The Hidiouse Dreaded 4Kids Dubbed Tokyo Mew Mew was just awful with all the Bad Mew Puns, 10 times worst than the Hacked Dic Sailor Moon Dub.

Devil Hunter Yohko

Ultimate Muscle: THe Kinnikuman Legacy ( I love the Humor and Wrestling, and Kid Muscle was a Funny Character.)

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Hoshi No Kirby ( I've Uploaded some episodes awhile back,untile my Youtube Account got deleated.)- I'm a Huge Fan of Kirby Games, Kirby super Star was what got me Obsessed with Kirby :veryhappy: 

Full Metal Alchemist ( The Anime was good, but the Manga is Better)

Shaman King): ( The Anime was ok, but I liked the Manga 10 times Better, it's more violent and has more plot to it.)
JET_ALONE
Bomberdude

Post#25  Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:40 am  Reply with quote + 
You know, I'm surprised Jetters was such a good anime. I mean, it's Bomberman. It's nowhere near as popular as the Rockman franchise, yet which is the one with the horrible animation quality? I was really surprised at Jetters's somewhat mature and in depth storyline. And soundtrack. And everything else.

Speaking of Rockman, we've had the anime of Rockman EXE, Rockman EXE Axess, Rockman EXE Stream, Rockman EXE Beast and Rockman EXE Beast+. And the movie. When will it stop? I'm guessing they'll make an anime of Meteor of Rockman next, because it's a continutaion of EXE.

There was that rumor of a Rockman ZX anime, I don't know what's happened to that.

Has anyone seen the PowerPuff Girls anime?
ChronoBall X
Bomberdude

Post#26  Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:59 pm  Reply with quote + 
MaxBomber wrote:
You know, I'm surprised Jetters was such a good anime. I mean, it's Bomberman. It's nowhere near as popular as the Rockman franchise, yet which is the one with the horrible animation quality? I was really surprised at Jetters's somewhat mature and in depth storyline. And soundtrack. And everything else.

Speaking of Rockman, we've had the anime of Rockman EXE, Rockman EXE Axess, Rockman EXE Stream, Rockman EXE Beast and Rockman EXE Beast+. And the movie. When will it stop? I'm guessing they'll make an anime of Meteor of Rockman next, because it's a continutaion of EXE.

There was that rumor of a Rockman ZX anime, I don't know what's happened to that.

Has anyone seen the PowerPuff Girls anime?

1. I don't Mind the Rockman EXE animes, as long as each Rockman EXE starts out fresh Batch New with New ideas, Because I don't Wanna have it end up like Pokemon, I take the Rockman EXE anime's over Pokemon anyday, Rockman Axess was the best i n my opinion, because it had a Much Darker, Violent feel to it, especially in the last episode of Axess...........

*SPOILERS*

.............Where Shademan Gets Brutally killed by Lazerman, however, Kids WB toned down his death a luttle bit, because his death in the japanese version was prettyy grumesome.

2. to answer your Question MaxBomber, Yes, I've seen the Powerpuff Girls Z anime animated by Toei Animation, it's pretty good, but the Mayor looks so Weird, but yeah, the girls have different origins this time around, instead of being sisters, they come from different families, and did you see how Mojo jojo looks, He looks Like he's on Steroids @_@

BTW, the Bomberman Series your Refering to with the horrible Outdated Animation which looks like Sonic OVA was called Bomberman Bakugaiden (the one with the bombermen shooting marbles out of they're chest)

heh, we were lucky that jetters got subbed by Anime-Kraze. Chances are, Bakugaiden will never get Subbed since Bomberman is So unpopular here.

The Ganbare Goemon Games were'nt popular in the U.S either and the Goemon anime ended up getting licensed for odd reasons.

I was also Surprised By Bomberman Jetters Darker Storyline, Reminds me of Sonic X Season 3's Meterex Saga and Evangelion.
CrystalBomber
Bomberdude

Post#27  Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:42 pm  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:

It's been a long time, lol. I doubt half of the people here remember me. :P Chobits was a pretty good series. There were a lot of filler episodes, though.

I heard that Tokyo Myu Myu was dubbed, I've read 2 manga from it and thought it was pretty cute. I'm glad I haven't watched the dub yet, I think.
gangu70358
Bomberbie

Post#28  Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:34 pm  Reply with quote + 
As of right now i like the following animes

one piece(sub and manga only)
bomberman jetterz
naruto(manga only,too much lame filler in the anime)
samurai pizza cats
astro boy
the meloncholy of haruhi suzumiya
hoshi no kaabii
tales of eternia
fullmetal alchemist
digimon(except for season 4)
any mayazaki/studio ghibli movie
bobobo-bo bobo-bo
JET_ALONE
Bomberdude

Post#29  Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:23 pm  Reply with quote + 
Quote:
.............Where Shademan Gets Brutally killed by Lazerman, however, Kids WB toned down his death a luttle bit, because his death in the japanese version was prettyy grumesome.

Well yeah. I mean, they butcher that anime to death with the dub.

Quote:
2. to answer your Question MaxBomber, Yes, I've seen the Powerpuff Girls Z anime animated by Toei Animation, it's pretty good, but the Mayor looks so Weird, but yeah, the girls have different origins this time around, instead of being sisters, they come from different families, and did you see how Mojo jojo looks, He looks Like he's on Steroids @_@

Well at least we still can't Ms Bellums face. :happy: 

Quote:
BTW, the Bomberman Series your Refering to with the horrible Outdated Animation which looks like Sonic OVA was called Bomberman Bakugaiden (the one with the bombermen shooting marbles out of they're chest)

Hahaha, I was reffering to the Rockman EXE anime, because that's the one with the horrible animation quality. Haven't you noticed?

:P
ChronoBall X
Bomberdude

Post#30  Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:34 pm  Reply with quote + 
CrystalBomber wrote:
Regulus 777 wrote:

It's been a long time, lol. I doubt half of the people here remember me. :P Chobits was a pretty good series. There were a lot of filler episodes, though.

I heard that Tokyo Myu Myu was dubbed, I've read 2 manga from it and thought it was pretty cute. I'm glad I haven't watched the dub yet, I think.

Yep, Tokyo Mew Mew Was licensed by the Dreaded 4Kids(the Same Company that Turned Sonic X and Onepiece into B@stardized Hacked Jobs, Be thankful you did'nt watch it, trust me, it's Horrible, 4kids Butchered it so much that it made the Dic Sailor Moon Enjoyable, Avoid the Dub version at all cost with a Plauge, it's worst than any Bomberman English Voice acting.

Trust me,Your better off watching the japanese subbed episodes on Youtube.

For Proof, Heres a Sample of the Dub Version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAbSX2R8lzY

and Heres a Sample of the Original Japanese Subbed version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeuEjqKvk2s
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#31  Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:10 am  Reply with quote + 
gangu70358 wrote:
the meloncholy of haruhi suzumiya

A friend of mine sent me the first episode of that. It was quite weird... but it seemed interesting.

He also introduced me to Genshiken which is hilarious and awesome. Its an anime about an otaku club so its really geeky.... So you can really connect with it and get alot of its jokes easily if you're an anime fan. I haven't been watching anime lately. I've been obsessing over my Fire Emblem games again....
Phantom Kensai
Bomberbie

Post#32  Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:21 pm  Reply with quote + 
I used to be into Fire Emblem... I like Fuuin no Tsurugi's overall plot the best, though. (That's the one with Roy.)

Some of the more notable anime I've seen...

Bomberman Jetters is the reason I'm here...

Fate/Stay Night (all 24 episodes)

Steamboy (best anime movie I've seen)

Medabots. I know, I know, you're thinking "not another avatar anime" but I did end up liking its overall plot and the characters. Plus, this actually had a very good dub to it. Though to be fair, I haven't seen the Japanese version, but all the voices pretty much fit.

Digimon Tamers. I didn't really like Adventure or 02, but Tamers helped save things with its generally darker plot and human semi-antagonist in the form of the Hypnos organization and Yamaki. Other pluses in its favor include probably the best dub I've heard (and yeah, sometimes I think it's better than the Japanese) and minimal editing; as Fox Kids was going under around 01-02, editing became more and more lax until I guess the producers just said, "screw it, we've got nothing to lose, so let's leave the show alone."

Gundam X is the best Gundam I've seen.

Gundam Seed is nowhere near as good, but it's decent. Gundam Seed Destiny, though, earns its reputation as one of the worst anime I've ever seen.

I saw all of Full Metal Alchemist and the movie, and I think the series is overrated.

Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne and its 44 episodes kinda failed thanks to its "villain of the week" setup.

Tales of Phantasia's OVA skipped way too much of the game, and I was a bit disappointed not to see Dhaos transform into his second form, let alone his angel form.

But at the moment, I would say I like Fate/Stay Night the best.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#33  Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:33 pm  Reply with quote + 
I'm currently working on Fire Emblem Fuuin no Tsurugi or Sword of Seals. It's cruely difficult compared to the patheticly easy Seima no Koseki, Sacred Stones as I prefer to call it. It's more difficult then Rekka too but not nearly as much. I quite like Sword of Seals so far.

I beat the other 2 GBA games like twice already so I decided I'd try this one too. Although there is still alot i can do with the other two titles. Alternate endings creature campaign and whatnot... So much work... On my last playthrough of Rekka I did Hector's game and got the Florina/Hector pairing ending. I got the Eliwood/ Fiora pairing too but it didn't have an effect since it wasn't eliwoods game. Which means to see all 3 pairings for each character I'll have to beat the game another 5 times! It's rediculous. Its a fun game but come on.... The support conversations too. Hours and hours of worrk. Not worth it in many cases...

-Anyway, on your anime....-

I almost went to see Steamboy in theaters. I kind of regret not going now but nothing to be done now. So it was a good movie huh? I'll probly watch it at some point. I've kind of been meaning to.

I really like Fullmetal Alchemist but I think it is a little too hyped up also. The fanboy noobs bring it down like other good things...

I've been watching The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya in my free time. Quite interesting/amusing...
Phantom Kensai
Bomberbie

Post#34  Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:34 pm  Reply with quote + 
Where are you in Fuuin?

That's one of the reasons I could only beat FE 7 three times. Once on Eliwood Normal, then once each on Hector Normal and Hard. I was getting tired of all that work just to see some lousy pictures, and only one pairing seriously affects the ending (that being Eliwood/Ninian).

Ironically, I used to be the most hardcore Eliwood/Ninian fan, but I really hate how the pairing turned out thanks to Fate/Stay Night... it's still better than Eliwood/Lyn though.

Steamboy is far better than that other horrific anime movie, "Appleseed," at least.

I had the strangest love affiar with FMA: I was sooo into the series for one and a half months. In that time, I watched all the anime, the movie, read 58 chapters of the manga, and visited on an obsessive level Livejournal communities and message boards devoted to FMA.

Then E3 came, and I fell out of FMA sooo fast it wasn't funny. Even now, I can't stand to hear too much talk of FMA, or else my allergies act up.

I've heard Haruhi mentioned on Animesuki's Fate/Stay Night board, but I don't feel like getting into another anime right now... not after F/SN left me so emotionally drained...
CrystalBomber
Bomberdude

Post#35  Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:51 pm  Reply with quote + 
Last school year I used to play Fire Emblem on my GBA during lunch and some of my classes. I was surprised that a lot of people hadn't heard of it when I told them what I was playing. I played through Rekka once, I don't really remember the characters that well except for the main ones. Hector was my favorite anyhow. I was working on Sacred Stones but never ended finishing it. I think I was pretty close to the end of it anyhow. Fire Emblem games are great but I tend to lose interest in them after awhile.
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#36  Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:10 pm  Reply with quote + 
I was lucky enough to stumble on a translated rom of NES fire emblem gaiden well before advanced wars and fire emblem came out on the gba, and so excited i was when they came out, just not excited enough to scrounge up enough to get a gba...
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#37  Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:14 pm  Reply with quote + 
Phantom I am currently on chapter 8 of Fuuin I don't really know what its about yet cause i'm still saved in the camp screen.. In the previous battle I got Zealot and his Ilia dudes...

On my copy of Rekka I've beaten Lyn normal probly twice
Lyn hard once
Eliwood normal once
Hector normal once

The Appleseed movie? Which one the old 80s anime one or that newer 3D computer animated one. I have the old one and happened to like it.... I mean if you don't like it to each their own, I'm just curious which one you're talking about though..

lol I used to play Fire Emblem in school too. Good times. School was so friggin boring... I'm so glad its finally over with for me.

Oh Fireball! You still have any of those translated roms?

The only fire emblem translations I've managed to ifnsd are Fire Emblem 6 obviuously and a 30% translated fire emblem 4. ugh. I'd love to play the Marth game translated.

If someone wants to play Fuuin let me know. My version of the rom is already patched with the translation, not to mention it was a total bitch finding the Fuuin rom even in japanese.... I downloaded the patch seperately. I gotta find a copy on ebay so i can own it. I want it!!!
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#38  Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:34 pm  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
Oh Fireball! You still have any of those translated roms?

Nah, but i shall do a bit of searching to see if i can find any halfway decent translation projects.

FE4 http://darktwilkitri.thegreatbeyond.net/dtntd_fireemblem4.php
---Suposibly almost playable, missing a bit of later story though, i havn't tested it yet...
FE-Gaiden http://z7.invisionfree.com/FESS/index.php?showtopic=15145
--this is a modification of the patch i used to play i think, ugly as hell, and a bit glitchy, but it got my fix, and most of the story was readable, untel just about the final boss battle or two, but you can figure stuff out from there, if you can stand it you'll really enjoy it, i mean, i havn't played this game in its full glory yet, and its still my favorite fire emblem, though you'll probably differ in opinion.

Oh, and just incase you havn't played it yet, for all your excellent rpg stratagy game needs, try front mission, its excellent.
http://www.fantasyanime.com/squaresoft/frontmission.htm
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#39  Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:53 pm  Reply with quote + 
woot. I'll be sure to check into these

Now Fire emblem Gaiden is the 2nd game right? Its supposed to be a side story to the first game with marth in it, and soem of that game's characters appear in it i beleive.
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#40  Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:21 am  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
woot. I'll be sure to check into these

Now Fire emblem Gaiden is the 2nd game right? Its supposed to be a side story to the first game with marth in it, and soem of that game's characters appear in it i beleive.

Don't think so, but its been YEARS since i've pulled this game out. Your probably thinking of what was refered to as FE2 which was orrigonal to FE3 which was a remake of FE1.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 2 of 3 Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2056s
Index - Back to Top