[Replies: 887]  [Views: 1003728]
Users browsing this topic: 3 Guests
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Clones & Projects
Users watching this topic: 32  
Jei
Bomberman

Post#641  Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:03 pm  Reply with quote + 
Thanks for posting. Online mode isn't in very good shape right now, it will be better in the next release, which unfortunately will take another while.

Also, you can use the Konami code on the title screen to temporarily unlock all characters.
Z_Boy
Bomberbie

Post#642  Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:18 am  Reply with quote + 
For the few french users here, I posted a manual/tutorial of the game options and modes in french:

http://www.hooper.fr/forums/modern-gaming/pcfangame-power-bomberman

(Jaklub, you could add my link in your original post, if you are ok with this)

About the online:
- I going to try again to make it work, since I changed my router (the old one had a shitty wifi signal and some software failures, the new one works properly, the wifi is better and the interface more modern)
- I think a good online mode should catapult your game to celebrity; with the heavy customization, it might even be suitable for competition!

EDIT: good news! It works well now with my new router; it was really the old that sucked!
View user profile Send Private Message
Jei
Bomberman

Post#643  Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:34 pm  Reply with quote + 
Thanks, added
hitpads
Bomberbie

Post#644  Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:41 pm  Reply with quote + 
Hi, I really loved the effort you put on this game, Jaklub. I've since replaced Saturn Bomberman with this for multiplayer sessions with my friends. Thanks for the hard work :)

A small request: Would it be possible for you to upload the old 0.3.1 version of Power Bomberman? I'd like to try out some of the old stages before they got heavily revamped. Thanks in advance!
crs9683
Bomberbie

Post#645  Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:45 am  Reply with quote + 
Is there some way for you to implement some sort of online matchmaking lobbies? I know obviously it would cost money to keep the server for that up, but if it's not too expensive I'd be willing to help out and maybe others would be too. I just think the direct ip address multiplayer without having access to a master list for finding online matches makes it require more effort to find people to play online with.
DemonLouie
Bombertrainee

Post#646  Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:08 pm  Reply with quote + 
To be honest I don't find anyone to play with online. X'3

Boo Hoo! DX (Just kidding!)

How is everyone here doing by the way? I've been dead for a while now after I completed trial mode. It was tough as hell. X3

Someone64
Bomberdude

Post#647  Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:00 pm  Reply with quote + 
New ideas: Make player collision an option for any stage (enabled by default on the stages that use it as a gimmick but still toggleable)
Powerups: Collide on and collide off powers ups (or alternatively, a collide toggle powerup that works depending on whether the player has it on or off. For even more fun, make it so that when it's collected it flies off somewhere else instead of vanishing.) or a skull effect that turns it on.

Grappling hook: Pulls players, bombs, and powerups towards you. They end up on the tile in front of you. Takes the slot the shield power up is on. Collecting more grapple hooks increases range and speed and if you attempt to grapple a softblock you will get pulled toward it instead, Does nothing when shot at hardblocks and equivalent walls.

Power potions: Similar to skull curses. Non infectious temporary power ups that are mostly beneficial but can still be double edged swords.
Power potion effects: Push aura (you have a 3x3 pushing hitbox on you that pushes players and bombs around just by you walking into them), Drill Dozer (destroy every softblock you touch), Brick Layer (Your bombs are now replaced with an unlimited supply of softblocks until the potion wears off), Super Kick (Your kicked bombs now go faster and stun players they hit. Also bombs you put down cannot be kicked by other players), Detonate (Upon collecting the potion all your bombs will instantly explode without killing you. Doesn't do anything after you collect it), Super Bomb Magnet (Press the shield button to attract all bombsin the enitre stage towards your direction. Letting go simply stops the bombs. Takes precedence over the movement of kicked bombs), Danger Dispenser (All your bombs are dangrous bombs), Heart Dispenser (Gain temporary invulnerability but every time you get hit you spit out a heart powerup! Become a pinata loved by all!), Powerup Magnet (Collect powerups in a radius of 3 around you). Telekinesis (Replaces the shield slot. Lift players, enemies, bombs, softblocks, and powerups in front of you, hold them like you would a bomb with a powerglove, and relocate them anywhere you'd like by putting it back down in front of you again. Would be amusing to pick up monsters and place them directly on top of players to murder them.), Spring boots (Press the shield button to bounce as if you had stepped onto a trampoline), Slime Trail (Leave a trail of slowing slime behind. Just try not to step on it yourself.), Power Duper (Every power up you collect will create a copy of it and toss it elsewhere on the stage.).

Add options to enable or disable any of the power potion and skull curse effects.
Jei
Bomberman

Post#648  Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:07 pm  Reply with quote + 
hitpads wrote:
Hi, I really loved the effort you put on this game, Jaklub. I've since replaced Saturn Bomberman with this for multiplayer sessions with my friends. Thanks for the hard work :)

A small request: Would it be possible for you to upload the old 0.3.1 version of Power Bomberman? I'd like to try out some of the old stages before they got heavily revamped. Thanks in advance!

Thanks. Grab it here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/42115509/powerbomberman/powerbomberman031.rar
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/42115509/powerbomberman/powerbombermanmusic.rar
crs9683 wrote:
Is there some way for you to implement some sort of online matchmaking lobbies? I know obviously it would cost money to keep the server for that up, but if it's not too expensive I'd be willing to help out and maybe others would be too. I just think the direct ip address multiplayer without having access to a master list for finding online matches makes it require more effort to find people to play online with.

A lobby is in plans, but I've yet to see if I'll be able to host it.
DemonLouie wrote:
To be honest I don't find anyone to play with online. X'3

Boo Hoo! DX (Just kidding!)

How is everyone here doing by the way? I've been dead for a while now after I completed trial mode. It was tough as hell. X3

I'm okay
Someone64 wrote:
New ideas: Make player collision an option for any stage (enabled by default on the stages that use it as a gimmick but still toggleable)
Powerups: Collide on and collide off powers ups (or alternatively, a collide toggle powerup that works depending on whether the player has it on or off. For even more fun, make it so that when it's collected it flies off somewhere else instead of vanishing.) or a skull effect that turns it on.

Grappling hook: Pulls players, bombs, and powerups towards you. They end up on the tile in front of you. Takes the slot the shield power up is on. Collecting more grapple hooks increases range and speed and if you attempt to grapple a softblock you will get pulled toward it instead, Does nothing when shot at hardblocks and equivalent walls.

Power potions: Similar to skull curses. Non infectious temporary power ups that are mostly beneficial but can still be double edged swords.
Power potion effects: Push aura (you have a 3x3 pushing hitbox on you that pushes players and bombs around just by you walking into them), Drill Dozer (destroy every softblock you touch), Brick Layer (Your bombs are now replaced with an unlimited supply of softblocks until the potion wears off), Super Kick (Your kicked bombs now go faster and stun players they hit. Also bombs you put down cannot be kicked by other players), Detonate (Upon collecting the potion all your bombs will instantly explode without killing you. Doesn't do anything after you collect it), Super Bomb Magnet (Press the shield button to attract all bombsin the enitre stage towards your direction. Letting go simply stops the bombs. Takes precedence over the movement of kicked bombs), Danger Dispenser (All your bombs are dangrous bombs), Heart Dispenser (Gain temporary invulnerability but every time you get hit you spit out a heart powerup! Become a pinata loved by all!), Powerup Magnet (Collect powerups in a radius of 3 around you). Telekinesis (Replaces the shield slot. Lift players, enemies, bombs, softblocks, and powerups in front of you, hold them like you would a bomb with a powerglove, and relocate them anywhere you'd like by putting it back down in front of you again. Would be amusing to pick up monsters and place them directly on top of players to murder them.), Spring boots (Press the shield button to bounce as if you had stepped onto a trampoline), Slime Trail (Leave a trail of slowing slime behind. Just try not to step on it yourself.), Power Duper (Every power up you collect will create a copy of it and toss it elsewhere on the stage.).

Add options to enable or disable any of the power potion and skull curse effects.

Thanks for suggestions.
IDK if player collision as an option will be implemented, since it's a bit problematic in handling and I don't quite get how powerup collide option would work.
Grappling hook is a neat idea worth considering and Power potion could be super interesting, I'll consider adding them in.
Someone64
Bomberdude

Post#649  Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:50 pm  Reply with quote + 
When I said collide powerups I didn't mean the powerups would collide. I meant if the player collected the powerup that player would start colliding with all other players UNLESS that player already has the ability to do so. In this case, the player will stop colliding instead.

(Also I probably have a billion and a half more ideas for power potions but you already get the idea, I guess. But if you want 'em, I can post more for you.)
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#650  Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:03 am  Reply with quote + 
So from what I'm understanding here:

* There is a power-up that enables player collisions a la oshikura manjuu.
* If two players hold this power-up, they pass through each other.

It sounds... kind of messy? I'm not so sure. Maybe if the second half of the gimmick were removed.
BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#651  Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:12 am  Reply with quote + 
Yeah I agree, it sounds really messy, especially considering that it's difficult to keep track of everything that everyone gets. I can easily imagine a scenario where there's a bomb that's about to blast and you know it, so you try to push someone into it, except they have the power up, and instead of blocking them, you move past them and potentially into the blast itself.

The problem I see here is not only can it mess up your traps, since really there's a decent number of common power ups that can do that, but it's something that can easily get you killed. Punch / Kick / Shield escape options don't really punish the trapper so hard that they die, typically, while this would because it puts the trapper in direct line of fire.
DemonLouie
Bombertrainee

Post#652  Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:56 am  Reply with quote + 
A lobby sounds great! ^w^

That's good. I'm fine, but I've been dead for so long and I found out that my RPG thread is still alive! Yay! :D

crs9683
Bomberbie

Post#653  Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:01 pm  Reply with quote + 
I'm sure the community wouldn't mind helping out with the server cost to host lobbies if you're not able to do it yourself.
Someone64
Bomberdude

Post#654  Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:31 pm  Reply with quote + 
Okay. To clarify: (assume collisions are off at stage start) If a player collects the collision power up, they become "solid". A solid player will bump into "soft" (no collision) players. Soft players will NOT bump into each other. A solid and a solid will bump, a soft and a solid will bump, a soft and a soft won't as normal. Also, maybe to show that a player is solid their sprites should get outlined like they have some kind of aura or a similar effect. And when I said UNLESS he has the ability to do so, I meant the power up is a toggle. If you collect the power up while solid, you will become soft. If you collect he power up while soft, you will become solid.
Negi
Bomberbie

Post#655  Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:45 am  Reply with quote + 
When I played with a friend, at the start of the battle, "Where is my starting position" happened, so I tried drawing it as one proposal
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1y8LsTPha39OHBYdE1JTXpuLUU

There may not be much effect on colors that are similar from the original, but I wonder if there is better than nothing :oops: 
Bomberdude

Post#656  Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:44 pm  Reply with quote + 
Negi wrote:
When I played with a friend, at the start of the battle, "Where is my starting position" happened, so I tried drawing it as one proposal

There may not be much effect on colors that are similar from the original, but I wonder if there is better than nothing :oops: 

This might be such a good idea. :D It might find where your starting position is much easier(, kupo).
Z_Boy
Bomberbie

Post#657  Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:51 am  Reply with quote + 
Me, I'm available to host online play since I got a router allowing it to work and use a fiber optic connection.
Jei
Bomberman

Post#658  Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:08 pm  Reply with quote + 
Thanks for posting.
I'm skeptical about making the player collision a global changable thing as it could introduce a lot of complications, it will probably remain exclusive to its stage.
When the release of the next version comes, I will publish the server software and probably source code (it'll be likely a mess) alongside the game. Anyone who has the option will be able to set it up.
Negi wrote:

I like these. I'll look into putting them in.
puchirio
Bomberbie

Post#659  Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:01 am  Reply with quote + 
Hello everubody
I'm Puchirio the japanese.
I found this game in japanese movie upload website.
It's very good game! I had a great game time.
I send this message. Please keep developing your pace.
And I have question. Do you recruit new game idea yet?Like... new character's sprite.
If you say Yes and I have enough time, I'll try making.
I'm sorry for bad english sentence and thank you for reading this sentence.
Jei
Bomberman

Post#660  Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:51 pm  Reply with quote + 
puchirio wrote:
Hello everubody
I'm Puchirio the japanese.
I found this game in japanese movie upload website.
It's very good game! I had a great game time.
I send this message. Please keep developing your pace.
And I have question. Do you recruit new game idea yet?Like... new character's sprite.
If you say Yes and I have enough time, I'll try making.
I'm sorry for bad english sentence and thank you for reading this sentence.

Thanks for posting. If you have any suggestions, feel free to talk about them.
If you want to contribute sprites, please ask before you start working on them. For quick communication you can use the Discord server.
https://discord.gg/W76PdJY
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Clones & Projects All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 33 of 45 Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2216s
Index - Back to Top