Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Clones & Projects
Users watching this topic: 32  
crs9683
Bomberbie

Post#621  Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:57 pm  Reply with quote + 
travis wrote:
crs9683 wrote:
So, I'm happy to see someone made a good bomberman game. Looks great. But I later on plan to do a 12 player session with people. So, what would be some good inexpensive controllers to buy? And I'd need a good usb hub cause my computer doesn't have that many ports.

We got a weekly 10-player bomberman game going at my office. Everyone has loved using these. They are inexpensive, do not require a separate driver install on Windows 7.
http://a.co/3iayzeA

This hub has also worked quite well. It's nothing fancy, but USB 2.0 is all you need and helps keep the price down.
http://a.co/9Q5C0SJ

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll look into those. :)
View user profile Send Private Message
crs9683
Bomberbie

Post#622  Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:02 pm  Reply with quote + 
Is there anyway to disable all players from being able to change the game options? I think only player 1 should be only allowed to set up the game. I did a 10 player person match and everyone tried changing options at the same time lol.... Also, I've found that the game tends to crash when I try 10 to 12 player wide screen match on bom-gen 002 map and random.

I hope this game is still being worked because I plan to take it to a big retro game convention. I would love to share it with other people. I'm liking it better than the Saturn Bomberman.
Z_Boy
Bomberbie

Post#623  Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:24 am  Reply with quote + 
Too bad your big retro game convention is on another continent of mine, because I'ld like to play PB on (high) multiplayers!
And I confirm Power Bomberman is way better than Saturn Bomberman for multiplayers!
Jei
Bomberman

Post#624  Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:15 pm  Reply with quote + 
Thanks for posting.
crs9683 wrote:
Is there anyway to disable all players from being able to change the
game options? I think only player 1 should be only allowed to set up the game. I did a 10 player person match and everyone tried changing options at the same time lol.... Also, I've found that the game tends to crash when I try 10 to 12 player wide screen match on bom-gen 002 map and random.

It's a good idea! I'll look into making this an option.
Regarding BOM-GEN, I'll definitely take another look into it. Thanks for reporting.
crs9683 wrote:
I hope this game is still being worked because I plan to take it to a big retro game convention. I would love to share it with other people. I'm liking it better than the Saturn Bomberman.

Thanks a lot. The game is still being worked on, albeit tad slowly. I'll update Twitter soon.
LunaticKingdom
Bomberbie

Post#625  Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:02 am  Reply with quote + 
You probably have heard this a lot already, but even so I still will tell: Your game is amazing.

The amount of content, physics, new items, variations, amount of characters, polishment, highly flexible configurations, everything is pretty nice.
One thing that I always thought was how Bomberman games tended to drop certains items or gimmicks from one game to the other, but you tried to capture everything good in the franchise and still gave it your own personal touch, it's a pretty admirable feat.

And to think that you want it to get even better... If this is not the best Bomberman experience ever made, then I don't know what is. I can't wait for the next version.

My only real problem (which is superficial, to be honest) was that I think that the N64 characters sprites are kinda wonky, there's something off about them compared to all the others sprites (I don't know exactly what), the World Bombers made by Usatun looks 100% perfect, though.
Z_Boy
Bomberbie

Post#626  Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:29 am  Reply with quote + 
Quote:
One thing that I always thought was how Bomberman games tended to drop certains items or gimmicks from one game to the other

I think the same thing: the best Bomberman games are the one on the SNES (my favorites are SB3 and SB5), Saturn Bomberman and Bomberman PS1 (aka Bomberman Party Edition in the US) the last games where the mounts officialy appeared, are okay games but since Jetters, it's the same bland, boring, declining shit with bad design, messy 3D and rotten ideas (the malus flame/bombs everywhere)!

Jaklub, I approve the idea of crs8693; make the menu control only for player 1 to avoid some "incidents" like messy config and others pranks from the others X)
Jei
Bomberman

Post#627  Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:22 pm  Reply with quote + 
LunaticKingdom wrote:
You probably have heard this a lot already, but even so I still will tell: Your game is amazing.

The amount of content, physics, new items, variations, amount of characters, polishment, highly flexible configurations, everything is pretty nice.
One thing that I always thought was how Bomberman games tended to drop certains items or gimmicks from one game to the other, but you tried to capture everything good in the franchise and still gave it your own personal touch, it's a pretty admirable feat.

And to think that you want it to get even better... If this is not the best Bomberman experience ever made, then I don't know what is. I can't wait for the next version.

My only real problem (which is superficial, to be honest) was that I think that the N64 characters sprites are kinda wonky, there's something off about them compared to all the others sprites (I don't know exactly what), the World Bombers made by Usatun looks 100% perfect, though.

Thanks a lot. I'll see if we can get the N64 bombers polished up a bit.
Z_Boy wrote:
Quote:
One thing that I always thought was how Bomberman games tended to drop certains items or gimmicks from one game to the other

I think the same thing: the best Bomberman games are the one on the SNES (my favorites are SB3 and SB5), Saturn Bomberman and Bomberman PS1 (aka Bomberman Party Edition in the US) the last games where the mounts officialy appeared, are okay games but since Jetters, it's the same bland, boring, declining shit with bad design, messy 3D and rotten ideas (the malus flame/bombs everywhere)!

Jaklub, I approve the idea of crs8693; make the menu control only for player 1 to avoid some "incidents" like messy config and others pranks from the others X)

I'll add an option to lock configuration only to player 1.
Mechageo
Bomberbie

Post#628  Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:07 pm  Reply with quote + 
What are the best settings to use to duplicate (as closely as possible) the gameplay style and speed of Super Bomberman 2 for SNES?
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#629  Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:31 pm  Reply with quote + 
Configure Gameplay
Match Number: 1 to 5
Time Limit: 1, 2, 3, 5, or Unlimited
Sudden Death: On or Off
Shuffle: Off
Revenge Bomber: Off
Bonus Game: On or Off
Bomb Fuse: Short (SB2's bombs have two full pumps)
Fire Limit: 9
Speed Scaling: Fast or Slow (neither begins in the range of SB2, so pick whichever suits you)
Skull Type: Fireproof
Skull Interaction: Tag
Player Carry: Off
Stage Select: Pick Once

Specific Settings
Don't use Handicap.

Turn off all Louies.

Items
Disable everything except the following items:

Bomb Up
Fire Up
Speed Up
Bomb Pass
Soft Block Pass
Heart
Full Fire
Pierce Bomb
Power Bomb
Remote Control
Power Glove
Kick
Rubber Bomb
Skull

Other Constraints
I'm not sure how deep you want to go into this, but SB2 only had 4 players in the Battle Game, which makes a substantial impact on gameplay. Only use up to 4 players. Only use Standard size stages.

Aesthetics
In the Options menu, disable voices.
Mechageo
Bomberbie

Post#630  Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:42 pm  Reply with quote + 
Thank you!
Jei
Bomberman

Post#631  Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:37 am  Reply with quote + 
Plasma Captain wrote:
Speed Scaling: Fast or Slow (neither begins in the range of SB2, so pick whichever suits you)

I think using some speed handicaps with either of the settings could be reasonably close to SB2.
izzyconds
Bomberbie

Post#632  Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:29 am  Reply with quote + 
The game is very good

Last edited by izzyconds on Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:53 am
Jei
Bomberman

Post#633  Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:31 pm  Reply with quote + 
izzyconds wrote:
The game is very good, I observed everyone here somehow showing their ideas, I did mount these sprites if you want to use the next update if there is!

Thanks for support, though unfortunately I wouldn't really be able to accept unedited sprites and these characters are already in the game too.
Darkam
Bomberbie

Post#634  Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:34 am  Reply with quote + 
Hello !

I'm new in this forum and I'm just amazed by this Bomberman version !
In fact I was looking for a Saturn Bomberman other the net, my main goal was to play with 10 buddies at my all time favorite multiplayer game!

But it's just near impossible to find today all the required stuff (multi pad, 10 working pads...).

And I just discover Power Bomberman, not tested yet but seems to be exactly what I was looking for !

Just a little question (don't have see this point yet ?) : what is the minimum PC requirements ? (I would like to build a dedicated PC with 12 pad on it !!)

Thanks again for all this amazing work !!

Longue vie à Bomberman !
Jei
Bomberman

Post#635  Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:32 pm  Reply with quote + 
Thanks for replying. I am not going to lie, it is difficult for me to precisely estimate the PC requirements of the game. Until 2014 I was using a desktop computer not upgraded since circa 2011 (unfortunately I don't remember its specs and I can't check them as I'm far away from it right now) to work on it and never encountered any slowdown, though I know that there are people who struggle with it a bit and restrain from playing with more than 4 players. They probably could give you a better idea of what doesn't work.
I would therefore recommend against building a PC specifically for it, though if you have enough players then getting controller adapters is a good idea and so is upgrading your own computer if you have a ton of other uses for it.
Arvester
Bomberbie

Post#636  Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:16 am  Reply with quote + 
Hi there, I created an account to give the specs of the pc I use.

AMD A10-7700K (3.5 GHz) Black Edition =>the graphic card is comprised inside
MSI A88XM-E35 V2
Corsair Value Select 4 Go DDR3L 1600 MHz CL11 => *2, up to 8Go
Samsung SSD 750 EVO 120 Go - Lite
Cooler Master Elite RC-343 Case => I fixed a tranport handle on top of the case

Grand total: 323€ (about the same in dollars), bought one year ago.

I use this as a little pc dedicated to local multiplayer games on 1 screen. Bomberman, Micromachines, arcade games, Steam games (Broforce for example). When I go to a party, I bring the pc and 12 USB SNES shaped controllers (3€ each on aliexpress), and we lay all night long without any problem :wink: 

@Jaklub: Thank you for your game, it's really fun, and much more playable than the Saturn version. I used to have a Saturn, the game and 7 controllers+1 multitap, and it was a mess. The hardware is too old and fragile to play randomly with strangers, they don't understand the value of the hardware. With my little computer it's much more fun and my Saturn rests peacefully on the shelf under the TV inside my gameroom.
Darkam
Bomberbie

Post#637  Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:56 pm  Reply with quote + 
@Arvester : thanks for your feedack ! In fact I'm exactly in the same idea : use a "small" computer with limited capacities (not a "gamer" pc) to play fun multi games and emulators of our all time favorit console ! I totally agree with you for the Saturn aspect.

@Jaklub : thanks for your reply! As said this computer will be for playing fun multiplayer games so not a "gamer" PC. I want to recycle my previous graphic card (HD7870 !) and just bought the mother board / processor and will use other part I have in my house :). Should run under a Windows 7.

The pad part got to find good price for 12 "Buffalo" gamepad, really good quality/price.

Thanks again for your comments all !
herrDoktorat
Bomberman

Post#638  Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:42 pm  Reply with quote + 
Really good game! I was sad neither PS4 nor 360 controllers seemed to work, but man, the Battle Trials are so creative (and difficult...) and you can tell a lot of love went into this. I spent a few hours doing the trials to unlock my fave, Pretty Bomber! As fun as that was, I am not looking forward to losing that progress once the new version hits, haha.

One bug report: In online mode, if you set stage to wide then try to select stage, it will lead you to a blank screen with no way out. Aye, a dumb mistake on my part, but hey, one less bug maybe. :>

Thank you for your hard work!
Someone64
Bomberdude

Post#639  Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:47 am  Reply with quote + 
I use a Lenovo Ideapad 300 (the cpu is 1.6 ghz with 2 gb ram and a crappy integrated Intel gpu) right now to play and the only problems the lower specs cause is more pre game freezing specially when there's more players or ais. Aside from that I don't encounter any slow down at all.

herrDoktorat wrote:
Really good game! I was sad neither PS4 nor 360 controllers seemed to work

Works fine for me. Maybe go to the configure gamepad dialogue in Windows and right click the controller and set it to the old games compatibility mode?
herrDoktorat
Bomberman

Post#640  Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:32 am  Reply with quote + 
Hey, that worked! Thank you. :>
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Clones & Projects All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 32 of 45 Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2176s
Index - Back to Top