[Replies: 47]  [Views: 11603]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General
Users watching this topic: 1  
W.A.C.
Bomberdude

Post#21  Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:35 pm  Reply with quote + 
The fact the Wii U won't support GCN games doesn't bug me very much because they could always make HD versions of those games. What does bother me a lot is the fact GCN accessories won't work on the Wii U. I would not want to play Super Smash Bros. Brawl or Sonic Colors with any controller but the GCN controller. Seriously, at parties, no-one wants to use any controller for Brawl except the GCN controller even though the house had a Classic Controller and Wiimotes.
Bomberstar

Post#22  Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:25 am  Reply with quote + 
In the end it all comes down to a business caring more about $$$ then its fanbase. but unfortunately I can't really blame them with the way things are these days. There's really no room for fan-service anymore. Losses are a lot more harmful to companies then they used to be and they really can't afford to take hits like they used to to make their hardcore crowds happy.

One of the main reasons I've lost so much of my interest in the current state of the industries of the things I like...

They don't care about me anymore, so I don't care about them anymore. Pretty simple really. I'll still buy things from them if I want them enough, but I'm probably not putting their kids through college. lol
View user profile Send Private Message
W.A.C.
Bomberdude

Post#23  Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:54 am  Reply with quote + 
The mainstream gaming industry is kind of a nightmate right now. You either have to be indie or be part of a giant company to make it big usually. Medium sized companies have a hard time surviving. Hopefully tecnhology will expand to the point where indie developers continue to be less and less hindered. Most of my favorite games this generation were indie games and that was not true of previous generations.
Board Admin

Post#24  Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:52 am  Reply with quote + 
Even though I'm interested in getting the WiiU, I'm not in any rush to get it since I have a long unkept list of games that I need to play from the current and prior generations, which I have yet to even touch. The game that I'm most looking forward to for the WiiU out of the announced titles is Pikmin 3, though Ninja Gaiden 3: RE looks like it has some pretty awesome action to offer.

As for companies not caring about their fanbase, you have to consider that they're a business before anything else so it's to be expected that they'd only make games or systems for the profit. Since development costs keep increasing with every generation, there's less room for taking risks with innovative or creative ideas anymore. Therefore they just make what sells, and we get more of the same generic games.
THE Gold Bomberman
Bomberman

Post#25  Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:26 am  Reply with quote + 
My brother is gonna buy a Wii U, but there's no way we'll be able to get one this year. I recently played the new Rayman Legends game on it. Very fun.
WarioMan3K
Bomberdude

Post#26  Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:03 pm  Reply with quote + 
Though I will buy a Wii U, I'll keep my GameCube games that I still have (i.e. Bomberman Generation, Bomberman Jetters, Ikaruga, Alien Hominid, etc.).

"It is GOOD day to be giant man!" ~Heavy Weapons Guy

"What is Bill Rizer? It is just the name of a single entity who has been gone for centuries." ~Master Contra
W.A.C.
Bomberdude

Post#27  Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:40 am  Reply with quote + 
New Super Mario Bros. U does not support the Pro Controller. Nintendo did not learn a *beep*ing thing. This really pisses me off since playing games with the Wiimote sideways *beep*ing sucks. My interest in the Wii U just tanked.
Bomberman

Post#28  Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:57 am  Reply with quote + 
It'll be using the WiiU controller, I cant see that being uncomfortable
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#29  Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:23 pm  Reply with quote + 
So I was able to experience the Wii U earlier this week at Target. The fact that I apparently couldn't play anything on it didn't leave me with a very good impression. But the tablet controller thingy was surprisingly comfortable, I guess?

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
W.A.C.
Bomberdude

Post#30  Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:15 pm  Reply with quote + 
For multiplayer, someone would always be stuck with the shitty controller I.E. the Wiimote sideways and this game should've supported the Pro Controller.
Bomberman

Post#31  Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:53 am  Reply with quote + 
A few days in and it seems to be selling well, but the internet is full of a lot of people complaining that the hardware falls short in a lot of areas and that it feels like a prototype, the two big complaints that are standing head and shoulders above the rest are

• The tablets battery is poor, and there is room in the battery enclosure for a bigger one which will "probably occur when battery prices fall"
• There is a jumbo software update for day 1 that all agree should have been supplied as a optical disk, power outs and network outs are bricking systems

So the deadline was hit, but the whole system is unpolished. I reckon there will be a major hardware revision in between a year, and a year and a half. That will be the Wii U to buy
WarioMan3K
Bomberdude

Post#32  Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:05 pm  Reply with quote + 
In other words, I'm probably either better off waiting till Christmas season, or attempting to buy a Wii U deluxe set during Black Friday (at my local Best Buy, for example).

"What is Bill Rizer? It is just the name of a single entity who has been gone for centuries." ~Master Contra
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#33  Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:04 am  Reply with quote + 
W.A.C. wrote:
New Super Mario Bros. U does not support the Pro Controller. Nintendo did not learn a *beep* thing. This really pisses me off since playing games with the Wiimote sideways *beep* sucks. My interest in the Wii U just tanked.

Yeah, also there is no easy way to play normal multiplayer with one person with the gamepad playing normally, which strains my not having of 4 of every type of controller from the last 6 generations like nintendo demands. (assuming there is a way at all, I don't own the game nor have I played it, I know you can change players on the fly after the games in session, but don't know if you can use that to set things up correctly)

I'll pick one up when 1 of 2 things happens, a game that really perks my interest (read, 3d mario, smash?, or perhaps another DKC Returns), or when wiiu mode hacks start popping up.
WarioMan3K
Bomberdude

Post#34  Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:07 am  Reply with quote + 
What about, say, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed? I believe it'll work with the Wii U Controller Pro.

And speaking of which, you've probably already known Wreck-It Ralph has a special guest appearance as a playable character (and I'm sure it's in all versions of the game).

fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#35  Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:14 am  Reply with quote + 
I don't consider it to be a system seller, NSMB is closer to one for me, though I probably will like the game.
WarioMan3K
Bomberdude

Post#36  Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:21 am  Reply with quote + 
Yeah, me too. I've played Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing before (and liked it), although back then, Banjo and Kazooie were only exclusive in the X-Box 360 version since Rare sold out to Microsoft.

Sorry if I was off-topic. But, back to NSMB U, I'm sure it'll be good -- if not better than NSMB2 on the 3DS.

fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#37  Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:07 am  Reply with quote + 
(The topic is the wiiu, any of it's games would be on topic, at least for here) I've not played NSMB2, my comparison would have to be NSMB and NSMB wii, which I enjoyed both of, but really, from the looks of it NSMB Wii, NSMB 2, and NSMB WiiU from a game-play perspective are almost identical, meaning each release is pretty much going to feel like a level pack to me, which I'm not sure is tolerable with this many releases in such a short period. Graphically, the WiiU version does look a bit nicer though.

Other games with similar release times (like, the entire Donkey Kong Country series) shows that you can certainly have games with very similar to identical systems that felt like different games (thanks to things like music and art direction, changing minor things). The NSMB series doesn't really. If we're going to be releasing the same game frequently, I'd like either a fair bit of content (NSMB games are comparable in length to Mario 3, but still seems shorter and less interesting then world, that said, 3d Mario games have much more content, for the same price, where is our world like game, with tons of secrets and branching level paths). I will get the new NSMB game, but I'm becoming a tad disappointed in their current development path. Luckily their level design is still good... but we'll see how long they can keep that interesting.
WarioMan3K
Bomberdude

Post#38  Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:15 am  Reply with quote + 
I once read in an online article, that Nintendo doesn't see New Super Mario Bros. U as a "cash cow" threat to their profits or whatever I recall having looked...I forget.

I think I saw it on Yahoo! or Gamespot, but I could be wrong.

W.A.C.
Bomberdude

Post#39  Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:04 am  Reply with quote + 
New Super Mario Bros. U did bring back some ideas from World like baby Yoshies and the World styled map. It's bullshit we're in a new generation of gaming and a company is forcing its consumers to use old, outdated controllers from the past generation to play certain games. They made the Wii U GamePad too expensive of technology. It wouldn't have been so bad if Nintendo was actually supporting the Pro Controller, but nope, they aren't.
Bomberjack

Post#40  Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:59 pm  Reply with quote + 
Of course, baby yoshis in this seem to just be special powerups, where in world they were just a somewhat hard route to get a very special yoshi (and only found in the special zone). World styled map only really has meaning if there are world style secret exits.

I'm not quite sure I'd call wiimotes outdated compared to the new controllers though, atleast not by any technical means.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 2 of 3 Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1798s
Index - Back to Top