Users browsing this topic: 2 Guests
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Welcome Room
Users watching this topic: 1  
Razon
Board Admin

Post#41  Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:04 pm  Reply with quote + 
W.A.C. wrote:
Last thing I want to do while playing a game is having to stop what I'm doing just to type something. Not to mention voice chat is a lot more fun.

I normally chat when I have time to take a break, e.g. in bomberman after I already died or in-between rounds, or before we even start the match. I've heard of voice chatting situations in games like young kids screaming in peoples ears and other stuff, I think text discussions do have their advantages.

W.A.C. wrote:
Razon wrote:
N64: 1964 0.9.9
It's good since you can swap plugins, adjust the lag settings and use save files and cheats.

How does it compare to Project 64?

It's better than Project 64k which is the online version of Project 64, the fact that you can use different plugins from other emulators means it has better compatibility, and it supports more features for online play. Also since you can adjust the lag settings, the controls will be more responsive which is a major positive.

W.A.C. wrote:
Razon wrote:
SNES: Snes9K 0.09z

Huh. I've never even heard of that emulator. I wonder how accurate games play on it.

When it comes to online play I'm less concerned about it's accuracy and more concerned about being able to get connected and play with the other players in general. Which is why I chose this emulator, since it uses Kaillera which has proven to be the easiest to use to get connected to multiple players. I haven't used it much, so I can't say how accurate it is overall.

W.A.C. wrote:
Razon wrote:
All 4 of these have Kaillera support for online play, which makes it easy to connect with each other.
Gamecube: Dolphin
The best Gamecube and Wii emulator available, though it's been awhile since I last tested it's online play.

God, I can't get that emulator to run well on my computer for some odd reason. Considering my computer specs, it baffles me the emulator runs so poor on my machine.

Your computer specifications sound good enough to be able to run it pretty well, the only thing that may seem a bit slow is the ram. How well it will run may depend on what revision of the emulator you're using, what game you're trying to play, and what settings your emulator is set to, since some games need specific things to be set.

You can find the game compatibility list for the emulator here, which will also recommend what revision of the emulator to use, and what settings you may need for it. As well as what speed people were able to get running the game with certain PC specifications.
http://wiki.dolphin-emulator.com
W.A.C.
Bomberdude

Post#42  Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:18 am  Reply with quote + 
fireball87 wrote:
Dolphin requires some beef, and why shouldn't it, it's rather modern hardware to emulate. Your proccessor is quite a bit underpowered for Dolphin, your graphics card may be a bottlneck for dolphin as well, but I don't know. Just the way emulation goes.

Considering how nearly every non-emulated Windows 7 compatible game I've played on my PC has functioned great on the highest settings, that's surprising.

fireball87 wrote:
Emulators for online, God bless Retroarch, it's missing a ton of features that I really relied on back in my zsnes days, but it's lag handling works marvelously. It also is the first time I can get netplay with the superior BSNES emulation, not toyed enough with any of it's non snes cores for netplay though. I just wish that they'd add savestate resume in netplay, as for any game without a save system that's fairly long, I tend to rely on savestates.

Hmm... I might try using that someday for netplay.

Razon wrote:
I normally chat when I have time to take a break, e.g. in bomberman after I already died or in-between rounds, or before we even start the match. I've heard of voice chatting situations in games like young kids screaming in peoples ears and other stuff, I think text discussions do have their advantages.

I would hate to deal with a keyboard at all while playing an online game. The advantages from text discussions in an online game are minimal compared to the advantages from headset support. A lot of my best friends were met through online games and I probably would've never become friends with some of those people if Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal didn't have voice chat support.

Razon wrote:
It's better than Project 64k which is the online version of Project 64, the fact that you can use different plugins from other emulators means it has better compatibility, and it supports more features for online play. Also since you can adjust the lag settings, the controls will be more responsive which is a major positive.

I'll give the emulator a try sometime.

Razon wrote:
When it comes to online play I'm less concerned about it's accuracy and more concerned about being able to get connected and play with the other players in general. Which is why I chose this emulator, since it uses Kaillera which has proven to be the easiest to use to get connected to multiple players. I haven't used it much, so I can't say how accurate it is overall.

Makes sense.

Razon wrote:
Your computer specifications sound good enough to be able to run it pretty well, the only thing that may seem a bit slow is the ram. How well it will run may depend on what revision of the emulator you're using, what game you're trying to play, and what settings your emulator is set to, since some games need specific things to be set.

You can find the game compatibility list for the emulator here, which will also recommend what revision of the emulator to use, and what settings you may need for it. As well as what speed people were able to get running the game with certain PC specifications.
http://wiki.dolphin-emulator.com

I once tried to configure a lot of the settings to make emulated games work decent and couldn't figure out how to get the games running right. Some people from Dolphin's forum were surprised the emulator didn't work right for me.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Welcome Room All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 3 of 3 Page: Previous  1, 2, 3

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1570s
Index - Back to Top