Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
Bomberman 64 Remake/Fangame?
[Replies: 2]  [Views: 1856]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Clones & Projects

gvfkvuvuyvij
Bomberbie

Post#1  Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:16 pm  Reply with quote + 
i've been considering this for a while, and i just wanted to feel out if there would be any interest in this sort of thing.

i always loved the puzzle aspect of the first Bomberman 64 game, not being able to jump made it very challenging/interesting to explore. especially w/ the atmosphere of Rainbow Palace, and i loved the challenge that world presented. i was wondering if people would be interested in a 3d game made with similar mechanics?

of course i can't totally copy Bomberman's concept or image since he's copyrighted. though i may end up with chibi-looking characters like the ones from The Second Attack (Lilith etc).

but as far as level design/puzzles/etc, i could program a much more expansive version of Bomberman 64 if i wanted (using Game Maker and some DLLs+modeling programs for animations). it may have different characters but it would have the same "feel" of both 64 games.

i can also write that style of music really well, which helps.

so yeah.. let me know what you think. :)
View user profile Send Private Message
WarioMan3K
Bomberdude

Post#2  Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:18 pm  Reply with quote + 
Actually, there is a "Bomberman 64" project in the works, courtesy of DarkFire. It's an RPG fangame based on Bomberman 64: The Second Attack!.

"It is GOOD day to be giant man!" ~Heavy Weapons Guy

"What is Bill Rizer? It is just the name of a single entity who has been gone for centuries." ~Master Contra
BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#3  Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:23 pm  Reply with quote + 
WarioMan3K wrote:
Actually, there is a "Bomberman 64" project in the works, courtesy of DarkFire. It's an RPG fangame based on Bomberman 64: The Second Attack!.

That's actually more unrelated than you think, simply because it's an RPG. Additionally, my project is more of a sequel to TSA, where as hel is referring to a remake of B64.

There is this project, and I think one other, but I don't really pay much attention to it so I'm unfamiliar with its status. I'm not interested in most remakes.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Clones & Projects All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1390s
Index - Back to Top