Bomb Buddies Close Beta - sign up open!
[Replies: 5]  [Views: 2522]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Clones & Projects

alnoble
Bomberbie

Post#1  Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:41 am  Reply with quote + 
Hi!

I work at an indie game studio started by some ex-Insomniac Games employees. We are lifelong fans of Bomberman.

At BW, we decided the most fun game we could make would be a social free-to-play game passionately inspired by the absolute best games in the Bomberman series. So, we decided to give it a go.

Here is a link to Bomb Buddies on Youtube: http://youtu.be/-pgYTTpPfJQ

We are still early along. And, we are making improvements every day. Your feedback would be very much appreciated.

Bomb Buddies is scheduled to enter Closed Beta on Facebook in April. Liking us at www.facebook.com/bombbuddies and will get you on the Closed Beta list. Bomb Buddies will also be launching on web, as a client download, and on mobile devices this summer.

At launch, Bomb Buddies will support 8-player simultaneous multiplayer sessions across 120 levels, 6 themes, and 2 game modes. We have fully customizable characters, in-game newsfeeds, social leader boards, and lots of ways for players to interact together. Post launch, we will add additional action-packed game modes, a myriad of power-ups, awesome devices, and a whole lot more.

Thanx!

Al
View user profile Send Private Message
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#2  Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:11 pm  Reply with quote + 
Alright, I'll like it I suppose (even though I normally don't really go for such promotions).

I'm roughly intrigued as to what will come of this project, this newer video both alleviates some of my fears (total grid lock, it appears people can stand between 2 grid squares, even though most don't in these videos still), and adds new ones (possible bomb throw priming, which varies in levels of not that bad to completely ridiculous depending on how exactly bomb throw is implemented, priming plus carry is one of the worst things that has ever happened in a bomberman game, add dangerous bomb to that list, and you get something that no amount of skill can really do much about). I'll probably give it a try when it's released, only then could I really give feedback.
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#3  Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:47 am  Reply with quote + 
Very strange first opinion to have, but i don't like the explosions. The explosion time seems pretty short in comparison to most Bomberman games, certainly the older ones at least.
Then again this perception might be because they are too realistic, i noticed they produce black smoke when they go off which is neat but its sapping the colour out of the effected explody area and making it less noticeable.
It could just be because of the little youtube box though, i'm looking forward to the beta to find out
Omega
Bomberbie

Post#4  Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:55 am  Reply with quote + 
I will give it a try for sure.

Let's hope that there is skill needed.
Less items sometimes is better, even throwing/kicking bombs destroys competitive play.

A mode where you only can pick bombs, power-up and speed would be perfect.
zexon
Bomberbie

Post#5  Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:03 am  Reply with quote + 
Omega wrote:
I will give it a try for sure.

Let's hope that there is skill needed.
Less items sometimes is better, even throwing/kicking bombs destroys competitive play.

A mode where you only can pick bombs, power-up and speed would be perfect.

I agree with this

I have to custom every match I play on Xbox (Bomberman Live) to be like this.

But I'll def be on this when its out !
Full support also.
tobbydestroy
Bomberbie

Post#6  Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:31 am  Reply with quote + 
it looks like this game is online now. i played it inside of facebook and it was pretty cool. it definitely reminds me of Bomberman. you can find it you search in the bar in facebook, or you can go to the link of http://apps.facebook.com/bombbuddies/
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Clones & Projects All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1392s
Index - Back to Top