BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
Where can I get video game artwork blown up?
[Replies: 6]  [Views: 1879]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General

legato
Bomberman

Post#1  Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:30 pm  Reply with quote + 
Here's a long weird story. I wanted to get a good friend of mine a cool gift for christmas this past year. He really likes the game Skies of Arcadia so I tried to buy him a wall scroll off of amazon. Long story short, it failed twice.

So I decided to go to Wal-Mart and have them blow up an image of the artwork to a poster size and use that. I went to check out and the guy asked me for copyright approval and I told him I didn't have any. He was unable to sell me the prints so here I am now.

I was wondering, where could I go to get images like that blown up and not have to deal with the same kind of issue? If such a place exists that is.
View user profile Send Private Message
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#2  Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:52 pm  Reply with quote + 
Any legitimate business is going to tell you the same thing. You'd probably have to either

A) Know someone who has the tech for that kind of thing and get them to do it for you

or

B) Find some seedy little print shop where the owners don't care about breaking copyright laws

Basically this is one of those issues where you're probably not going to get into any trouble if you just do it yourself, but a business or individual selling it to you would get in trouble because they're profiting off of someone else's work.

If you don't mind me asking, what exactly went wrong with the Amazon purchase(s)?
legato
Bomberman

Post#3  Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:13 pm  Reply with quote + 
Well I ordered a scroll from the first guy and received an empty tube in the mail. I got a refund for it and found one other guy with the same scroll. I ordered it from him and it never showed up, even though the usps stub said it did. He sent a replacement to my gf's house and it never showed up there either so I had to get refunded again.

It's been a pain in the arse so far.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#4  Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:00 pm  Reply with quote + 
That is very strange.

Well, I don't know what else to tell you... I don't know of any particular sites that sell these kinds of things other than Amazon or eBay, and eBay doesn't seem to have any listings for this item at the moment.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#5  Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:45 am  Reply with quote + 
You said you've tried twice on Amazon right?
There is quite a nice selection of SoA material on there from what I see...

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_scat_381142011_ln?rh=n%3A381142011%2Ck%3Askies+of+arcadia&keywords=skies+of+arcadia&ie=UTF8&qid=1332862329&scn=381142011&h=0cd1adbeba90627182ff17fd58670d7b8f817cf2

I'd take a look at the feedback of the sellers you have tried already and see if they've had problems in the past. It may also be worth looking into where the seller is located. if it's close to you, they may have a retail location.

The important things to check on these sites are a seller's feedback and make sure its very high or perfect and if it isn't perfect read the negative comments as to why cause sometimes people are just jerks that complain about stupid stuff like not getting exactly what they wanted cause they probably didn't read the item description properly.

~Also~ Check their shipping policies and make sure they ship to your location and that you pick the right methods.

If you do those two things you'll almost never have a problem with ebay or amazon.

I've probly bought around 100 items from those 2 sites myself and so far I've only had 1 bad transaction where I never got my item. Of course a couple months later i noticed their once high feedback rating went to hell and their membership was canned shortly after that. Unfortunately i never got my money back on that one but it was only about 20 bucks so not too terrible.

Anyway check out the link i sent. The items are most likely custom made but looked nice overall. You can try a 3rd seller but check their feedback and shipping policies liek i mentioned.

Good luck to you!

On a lighter note Skies of Arcadia was a pretty good game. I played through it myself over 5 years ago. I'm sure any big fan of the game would be quite pleased with your gift idea. Skies artwork is pretty cool. lol.
legato
Bomberman

Post#6  Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:13 pm  Reply with quote + 
They do have a large selection of the wall scrolls but they're all sold by the same seller. The first guy I bought it from sold nearly all of these scrolls but disappeared as soon as this Poster Galaxy guy appeared. I figured it might be him again but I tried again anyway just because I really wanted this.

The profiles for both sellers score really high and the only bad comments I saw were that the product was late until I started ordering from them. It was then that I noticed people weren't getting their stuff.

After all this hassle I figured I'd try to print the images at walmart but then this happened :xeyes:  so I don't know what to do really.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#7  Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:26 pm  Reply with quote + 
Well if the seller "Poster Galaxy" you dealt with didn't work out for you there's really not much more you can do. If you haven't already, definitely communicate with him more through messages to see if you can work something out. There might actually be soemtihng wrong on your end sometimes. I know my bank will occasionally block my import purchases from Japan. (just an example) If it's still fruitless and you're positive he's just screwing you, be sure to report him to Amazon and leave negative feedback.
That's what gets rid of these kinds of problems in the long run...
But I HIGHLY suggest trying to work things out with him to the best of your ability before leaving the negative feedback. Sometimes sellers are really busy or have a hard time understanding you.

Another suggestion I have, though possibly unsatisfactory regarding your plan....
The next best thing you could do is do your own printouts but you need the equipment and such. you wont be able to make anything large size, but if you have a decent printer there is nice laminate paper out the that's good for prints. It's the kind that can also be used for printing photos that's kind of glossy.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1452s
Index - Back to Top