Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
Continent of the Ninth (C9)
[Replies: 4]  [Views: 4071]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General

Razon
Board Admin

Post#1  Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:30 pm  Reply with quote + 

Continent of the Ninth is a 3D MMORPG with action packed gameplay that rivals some console games.

Official Links
Main Website - Facebook - Twitter

News and Guides
MMOSite
OnRPG

Trailers
Original Game Trailer (2009)
Global C9 PvE Trailer (2011)
Global C9 Ultimate Fury (2011)

Videos
[Collapse] Fighter (Warrior, Blademaster, Guardian, Berserker)
Warrior
Solo (alt) - Preview - Combo (alt 1) (alt 2) - Ultimate Fury (alt)

Blademaster
Solo (alt) - Preview - Combo (alt) - Ultimate Fury (alt) - Some Skills

Guardian
Solo (alt) - Preview - Combo (alt) - Ultimate Fury (alt)

Berserker
[Collapse] Hunter (Assassin, Ranger, Scout, Shadow, Bulletshooter)
Assassin

Ranger

Scout

Shadow
Solo (alt) - Preview - Combo (alt) - Ultimate Fury (alt 1) (alt 2)

Bulletshooter (Gunslinger)
[Collapse] Shaman (Elementalist, Illusionist, Taoist, Reaperess, Soulist)
Elementalist

Illusionist

Taoist
Solo (alt) - Preview - Combo (alt) - Ultimate Fury (alt) - Some Skills

Reaperess
Solo (alt 1) (alt 2) - Preview - Combo (alt) - Ultimate Fury (alt 1) (alt 2)

Soulist (Demonisher)
[Collapse] Witchblade (Warden, Slayer, Bladedancer, Nightstalker)
Warden

Slayer

Bladedancer

Nightstalker
[Collapse] Mystic (Accelia, Erta)
Accelia (Battle Maiden)

Erta
[Collapse] More Videos

System Requirements
[Collapse] Minimum
Processor: AMD Anthlon XP 2400+ / Pentium 4 2.4GHz
RAM: 512 MB
Hard Drive: 3 GB
Graphics Card: N/A
Note: The card at least needs support for Shader Model 3.0
[Collapse] Recommended
Processor: AMD 2800+ / Pentium 4 2.8 GHz or better
RAM: 1 GB or more
Hard Drive: 5 GB
Graphics Card: N/A
Note: The card at least needs support for Shader Model 3.0

When I saw the first trailer for this game over 3 years ago, I knew that the game was going to be good. Especially when I found out that some of the people involved with it's creation were originally part of the team that made DnF (which is pretty much the best Online 2D Arcade Beat'em Up RPG), and it's very evident in all the similar systems and great gameplay that sets it apart from other MMOs.

There's a lot of other big name MMOs coming out around the same time as this, so they probably should of tried to release the game locally sooner. It utilizes a free to play system that isn't overly geared on cash, unlike the other games coming out which require a purchase and a monthly fee, so it should be easy to get into if your PC can handle the game. In terms of gameplay this one definitely looks like the winner to me, I normally avoid MMOs since the gameplay on all the other ones doesn't seem overly entertaining or different than games that I had already tried before. Leveling is also supposed to be fast in this, so no long hours doing dull grinding.

I recommend checking out the original 2009 trailer before anything else. Also the Preview videos for many of the classes are a nice watch, they should give you a good idea of what the game is like. I already added a lot of videos to this post, and I'll continue to add more and the missing ones later when I come across good videos for the each of the classes.

I had briefly mentioned the game in the chat around a year and a half back, and now that it's finally coming over to the states I thought I'd generate some hype and see if anyone else is interested in playing the game when it comes out. One of the best parts of playing an MMO is being able to play it and progress with people that you know after all.

[Collapse] Game Updates (07/01/2014)
[Collapse] 07/01/2014 - Game Updates
6th Continent First Dimensional Boss Added (06/24/2014)
6th Continent Adventure Book Added (06/10/2014)
6th Continent Skill Books Added (06/10/2014)
Skillbook Combine and Potency System Added (05/12/2014)
Max Level Increase to 67 (05/12/13)
6th Continent Normal to Master Grade Gear Added (05/12/2014)
6th Continent First 7 Stages Added (05/12/2014)
[Collapse] 03/22/2014 - Game Updates
Nightstalker Class Added (03/09/14)
Tournament System Added (03/09/14)
Accelia Class Added (12/18/13)
Class Skill Rebalance for PVE (11/27/13)
Max Level Increase to 65 (08/21/13)
6th Continent Guardian's Tower Stage Added (08/21/13)
6th Continent Encelot Town Added (08/21/13)
Soulist Class Added (07/24/13)
5th Continent Extreme Mode Added (04/24/13)
[Collapse] 03/13/2013 - Game Updates
Bulletshooter Class Added (03/13/13)
Action Skill Books Added (02/13/13)
5th Continent Added (12/27/12)
Bladedancer Added (12/27/12)
[Collapse] 09/12/2012 - Game Updates
4th Continent Added (09/12/12)
Reaperess Class Added (09/12/12)
Berserker Class Added (08/01/12)
Shadow Class Added (07/18/12)
Hell Mode Stages Added (07/11/12)
Official Service Started (07/11/12)
[Collapse] 06/27/2012 - Game Launched
Open Beta Started (will follow over into the Official Service)
[Collapse] Topic Updates (07/01/2014)
[Collapse] 07/01/2014 - Class Preview Video
Erta Class Preview Video Added (360p only)
[Collapse] 03/22/2014 - Various Videos
6th Continent Trailer Added
Ranger Solo Video Added
Berserker Combo Video Added
Scout Solo Video Added
Bulletshooter Combo Video Added
Reaperess 2 Combo Videos Added
Reaperess Infinite Combo Video Added
Nightstalker Combo Video Added
Accelia Solo Video Added
Erta Solo Video Added
Erta Ultimate Fury Video Added
Mystic Character Creation Video Added
[Collapse] 12/20/2013 - Class Preview Videos
Added 3 Class Preview Videos (360-480p only)
[Collapse] 12/02/2013 - Class Announcement and Videos
Mystic 5th Base Class Announced
Accelia Trailer Added
Accelia Solo Video Added
Accelia 2 Ultimate Fury Videos Added
[Collapse] 05/31/2013 - Class Videos and Trailers
Nightstalker Trailer Added
Nightstalker Ultimate Fury Video Added
Soulist Trailer Added
Soulist Ultimate Fury Video Added
[Collapse] 06/27/2012 - Class Preview Videos
Added 5 Class Preview Videos (360-480p only)
[Collapse] 06/20/2012 - Combo Video
Added 1 Bladedancer Combo Video
[Collapse] 06/13/2012 - Class Videos
Added 2 Elementalist Solo Videos
Added 2 Elementalist Combo Videos
Added 2 Toaist Solo Videos
Added 1 Taoist PvP Video
Added 1 Reaperess PvP Video
Added 1 Bladedancer Solo Video
[Collapse] 06/08/2012 - Class Note
Added Note About Currently Released Classes
[Collapse] 06/07/2012 - Class Preview Videos
Added 11 Preview Videos for Various Classes
[Collapse] 06/07/2012 - Launch Information
Added Official Launch Open Beta Information
[Collapse] 06/06/2012 - Trailer Videos
Added Global C9 PvE Trailer
Added Global C9 Ultimate Fury Trailer
[Collapse] 03/23/2012 - Beta Information
Added Open Beta Information
[Collapse] 03/19/2012 - Info & Videos
Added System Requirements
Added Waterford Village Video
Added 5th Continent Trailer Video
Added Blade Dancer & Berserker Trailer Video
[Collapse] 03/18/2012 - Initial Post
Added 5 Links
Added 74 Videos
Added Information and Opinions

Last edited by Razon on Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:04 am
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#2  Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:03 pm  Reply with quote + 
lol, nifty. It's been quite awhile since you brought forth a new online game topic. lol.

Unfortunately I don't really have much time or interest for it anymore.

The visuals make it look like your standard action MMO RPG flaire but it all comes down to game mechanics, pacing, and the setting/lore in the end for me. (A good soundtrack doesn't hurt either!) So i't be a matter of trying it out to see if its any good but I don't have the resources really, at this time.
View user profile Send Private Message
Razon
Board Admin

Post#3  Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:41 am  Reply with quote + 
I also haven't haven't found much time for gaming in more recent years, let alone MMO games which can eat a load of time. Nor has there been much that interested me really, not to mention that I still have a long list of old games that I need to get around to playing eventually. This is the first game to interest me in awhile though, so I figured that I'd try and make some time for it.

The systems will likely be good considering the people behind it, it looks very similar to the ones from DnF which I had liked. That and the gameplay stands out from the rest quite a bit, it definitely seems like a game that's worth trying. From the combo system to the flashy moves to all the mobility and air combos, it's not like so many other MMO games that just has you standing in one spot doing dull repetitive attacks.

As for the soundtrack I just skimmed through it very quickly, since there was around 100 songs just for the first 3 continents in the game. Will have to give it a proper listen through some other time, though I'll likely just wait to hear it in-game instead. I often turn the music off after awhile for online games and listen to my own, so whether the music is good or not doesn't make too much of a difference to me.

Last edited by Razon on Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:58 pm
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#4  Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:53 am  Reply with quote + 
This certainly does look interesting. I feel like MMORPGs have been given a bad name with all of the repetitive "point and click" ones that are out there; this one actually looks entertaining. That being said, I probably won't end up playing it... But I might keep tabs on it just to see what it's like.
View user profile Send Private Message
Razon
Board Admin

Post#5  Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:58 am  Reply with quote + 
They just announced the date that the game will be launching, it will begin with an open beta and follow into the official service like many online games do from the looks of it. I've updated the main topic post with the schedule, the game will be officially launching on July 1st, but you can signup ahead of time and redeem a key to access the early character creation, and then redeem another key to gain early access to the game a few days prior to the launch date.

I played in the 3rd CBT and tried a foreign version of the game after I finally got around to fixing, rebuilding and upgrading my desktop. The game is a different experience on a higher graphics setting, as you can see in this comparison. The mouse and keyboard combination worked well for the game, each class has a lot of skills so most common controllers probably wouldn't have enough buttons for the game.

The one thing that was probably lacking in the beta was the difficulty, it was too easy at times and even easier in a party. However they will be adding much more difficult modes soon, and the game did offer challenges at times where you pretty much had no choice but to party to stand a chance. There's a stamina system that limits how much you can play per day on each character, but they give you enough that you'll rarely hit it, and if you do then you still have an extra weekly stamina bar per character that it uses if you run out of your regular stamina.

If you play a lot then you can potentially reach lv50 in a week from normal playing and questing, which is a nice change of pace from other MMOs that take a long time or require power leveling to level at a decent speed. There was pretty much no grinding all the way to lv50, there was always quests to keep busy with which was what allowed you to level so fast. You rarely had to run a stage on the same difficulty more than once, and the stage layout and bosses are often different depending on the difficulty.

Of course since you reach the max level so fast you lose a main goal to work towards, but that's where building better equipment sets and doing the challenge modes comes into play until they add more continents or content to the game. There's also grades for each stage difficulty that you can increase by doing runs on it, and stat increasing achievements like Legends and Auspices that are gained by accomplishing certain things, like killing so many of a certain enemy. Most of the classes in this game play very differently from each other, and since you level so fast this is encouragement to make more than 1 character and try out some of the other classes.

There's of course also the PVP mode for some real challenge, I personally didn't try it out since I've had my fill of PVP matches from other online games. Since I didn't PVP though this put me at a disadvantage when I fought people who would invade my runs since I enabled Intrusions. If you enable Intrusion Mode for you runs, then you'll use less Stamina per dungeon, get 25% more exp on the final run bonus and get twice as many guild points. But it allows other players near your level to intrude on the run and try and kill you, an entire party can even intrude at once. The amount of people in the intruding party can't exceed the amount of people in your party, but any amount of parties can intrude who will then be enemies to the other intruders as well.

The intruders do have limitations, they can't revive if they die, they can't use their maxfury, they're on a time limit, and they can't use potions, though they can use any hp towers there may be on the stage if you haven't used it already. There are of course rewards for defending against the intruders if you manage to kill them, and there are rewards for the intruders if they can successfully kill everyone in your party as long as you don't keep reviving. The Intrusion mode can certainly spice up a regular run and add some major difficulty to it, but you're going to want to turn it off when doing certain quests to avoid any interruption.

Unless you're playing with people that you know, most folks don't party ahead of time in this game. Except for the really difficult end of continent quests, or something that requires partying before hand like a challenge mode. People will instead request to join after you've started the run, being able to join and leave in the middle of a run without having to wait until it's done is one of the nice features that this game offers. It's not a pay to win game so it isn't too cash based, and there will be the option to trade the in-game gold currency for cash points pretty soon as well.

Now on to the actual gameplay, I wasn't sure at first when I started playing the game, but after I class changed at lv20 the gameplay changed dramatically and it lived up to my expectations for it. I didn't like all of the classes however, of course it's unreasonable to be expected to like every class in the game. All you need is at least one good class that you like anyway, but I'm sure there will be several that you'd like instead of just one.

They have gotten better at making good classes for the game, most of the later on sub-classes that they created are or look like they're very good. In regards to air combos I didn't find myself doing them because of the sub-classes that I chose, but I was however hitting the enemies into the air and continually bombarding them with attacks to prevent them from hitting the ground, or hitting them off of the ground and proceeding to assault them with attacks.

Some classes have skills that are good or specifically designed for air combos, while others don't. I'll list some recommendations on what class to choose, based on my own opinion from what I've seen or hands on experience with the class. Though I still haven't tried quite a few of the classes, and what you like may just come down to your playstyle.

I'll be adding more videos this month to the main topic post. If you have any questions about the game, or would like any good unlisted videos just let me know. The game was quite entertaining and enjoyable, and if you're looking for a 3D Action MMO I would recommend it.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2149s
Index - Back to Top