Bomb Buddies - a game inspired by Bomberman
[Replies: 3]  [Views: 1674]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Clones & Projects

alnoble
Bomberbie

Post#1  Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:27 am  Reply with quote + 
Hi guys,

Just wanted to tell you about a new game coming out that was inspired by the classic Bomberman genre! The game is called Bomb Buddies and you can see a video of it on youtube here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qziO8fddgCw

The game's website is here http://www.bombbuddies.com

It looks like a lot of fun and apparently it's going to be on Facebook here in the next couple of months for FREE!

View user profile Send Private Message
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#2  Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:39 am  Reply with quote + 
I am greatly amused that their website calls Bomberman a genre. I can only say if it's decent or not in play, sadly. Videos tell me nothing about lag handling, though it looks as if this game may be even more gridlocked then the recent console bomberman games, which would be a tad more then annoying.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#3  Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:31 pm  Reply with quote + 
fireball87 wrote:
I am greatly amused that their website calls Bomberman a genre.

I'm wondering if maybe they mean that they were inspired by others who attempted to make their own independent Bomberman-style games, like PopTag. But then again, maybe they really are considering Bomberman to be a genre...

Anyway, the graphics looks very nice, and it looks like a lot of effort went into this. I'll probably check it out when it's released.
Hammer Bomber
Bomberman

Post#4  Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:38 pm  Reply with quote + 
The Bomberman clone i spent the most time on was Boom by Factor Software for the Classic Mac OS (Pre OS X)
No battle option, it was a single/co-op arcade level based Bomberman that took its theming inspiration from Doom

This looks like its more about the multi tho, the movement looks a bit odd and i wouldn't be surprised if its littered with instances of 'buying extra content'.

But i'll keep my eye on it
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Clones & Projects All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1329s
Index - Back to Top