[Replies: 29]  [Views: 9223]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: Previous  1, 2
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Clones & Projects

pool
Bomberbie

Post#21  Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:15 am  Reply with quote + 
Omega wrote:
I tried connecting via client and via pyromentia.com but i don't get the Update Game Client message.

it's strange, try to just redownload updated client from here: http://pyromentia.com/pyromentia.zip
View user profile Send Private Message
Omega
Bomberbie

Post#22  Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:35 am  Reply with quote + 
Done it, works now.
A forum for pyromentia would be great now for other suggestions.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#23  Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:24 am  Reply with quote + 
The "Update Game Client" message appeared for me.

I just tried it out and the improvements are very nice. :happy: 
pool
Bomberbie

Post#24  Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:11 pm  Reply with quote + 
Omega wrote:
Done it, works now.
A forum for pyromentia would be great now for other suggestions.

Ok working on it now.

plasm wrote:
The "Update Game Client" message appeared for me.

I just tried it out and the improvements are very nice.

Thanks, I keep working :)
pool
Bomberbie

Post#25  Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:37 am  Reply with quote + 
just installed simple forums script.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#26  Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:14 pm  Reply with quote + 
fireball87 wrote:
Omega wrote:
@fireball: I played pc games also for 2 decades, but what i ment was that i played bomberman on pc a decade long, just to clear this up.

Who here didn't (a pretty decent segment of this community has been around for nearly that long)? Even if they didn't, what does playing Bomberman for a decade on PC get you? It has nothing to do with the argument at hand. Appeal to (false) authority is a logical fallacy. (as is appeal to tradition) They're completely meaningless and detract from the argument. That's the point.

On the bright side, if you played PC games 20 years ago, you had to have experienced the dial up local area BBS scene, oh how I miss those.

lol, Well I can't say I've played much bomberman on PC. Just a bit of BOJ way back and some emulation which I wouldn't really count unless we're strictly talking about the online multiplayer experience..

Can't say I've played PC games for 20 years yet either but I'm getting there. (Being 24 and having been playing games on the PC since I was 8 or so)

Bomberman has mainly been a console thing for me all and all.
pool
Bomberbie

Post#27  Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:28 am  Reply with quote + 

colors added, fixed some bugs and sync issues.
Razon
Board Admin

Post#28  Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:57 am  Reply with quote + 
Regulus 777 wrote:
lol, Well I can't say I've played much bomberman on PC. Just a bit of BOJ way back and some emulation which I wouldn't really count unless we're strictly talking about the online multiplayer experience..

I take it you're referring to the prior Bomberman Online for PC, the 2002 one went by BMO while the 2008 one went by BOJ officially.

Omega wrote:
@pool: You are right. There was only one competitive bomberman online game on the net.
It lasted from 1999 till end of 2010.

BMO and Bombermania are nothing compared to that bomberman i played ;)

The original Bomberman Online for PC was quite good actually when it was fresh during it's original release and I had played it a great deal, so I wouldn't agree with that even if the game may not be very good now.

Omega wrote:
plasm wrote:
Omega wrote:
Why you don't use space to lay bombs, it's much better ;)

I completely disagree here. The Spacebar is a large and kind of cumbersome button to have to use repeatedly as the primary attack key for a game. Console controllers have buttons that are often smaller than the letter keys on your keyboard, why go for something far bigger? Also, using X is very common for computer games, as it allows for other actions to be delegated to the other letter keys that surround the X key.

Everyone has his own opinion.
But i think space is not only the best primary attack key but it's also symbolic for a bomberman internet game. And that for a good reason.

I played the original BMO for PC a great deal, and Spacebar was a bad choice for the default button for it. Why you ask? I actually broke the Spacebar on a keyboard way back from using it too much for that, here's some reasons why I'd say that it's not the ideal key:

1: The button requires more force to press if even in the slightest.

2: It's easier to apply a great deal of force more than you would pressing other keys since it's larger, you can hit it with multiple fingers intead of 1 or a part of your hand instead, and if you're trying to be fast you may hit it with a lot of force, and for the 1st reason as well.

3: The button is likely the most prone to breaking on many keyboards depending on how it's built, since the key in many cases has more supporting parts for it- and then take into consideration the prior 2 reasons.

4: It's not as easy to press the punch key along with it, for example compared to what I recommended: Z bomb X punch C etc, which is also what the latest PC game in the series BOJ had used by default.

Since it's more cumbersome to press I'll often stay away from games that use it and don't offer a configuration option for it, and messing with a third party program to assign the keys is too much hassle, though it does seem this game plans to have config added later for it.

The only possibly advantage is that many people may start out by pressing that, but it only needs to be mentioned once for them to acknowledge what key is used. When it comes to emulation the Z X C and A S D keys are commonly used, so many people probably think to try that even if it's not mentioned and if the Spacebar doesn't work. I personally start off by trying to press the Z key, and not the Spacebar when trying new games that I don't know the keys for.
pool
Bomberbie

Post#29  Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:18 am  Reply with quote + 

Got another update there guys.

* GIANT work has been done on synchronization and stability.

* Added chat support (Enter key).

* There is now 3 servers: Classic, Medium, Large
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#30  Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:23 pm  Reply with quote + 
Razon wrote:
Regulus 777 wrote:

I take it you're referring to the prior Bomberman Online for PC, the 2002 one went by BMO while the 2008 one went by BOJ officially.

Yes I was referring to the old one.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Clones & Projects All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 2 of 2 Page: Previous  1, 2

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1719s
Index - Back to Top