Super Smash Land
[Replies: 9]  [Views: 2164]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General

Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#1  Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:02 pm  Reply with quote + 
Any one else heard of this fangame?

It's basically Super Smash Bros. "degraded" to look and feel more like a Game Boy game. It's surprisingly fun, feels just like playing the original game. The character roster is pretty small (with four by default and two unlockable ones, one of which is Mega Man), but given what it's supposed to be, it's understandable. Took me a while to do certain moves and how to jump, but it's pretty cool. You can even play the game with some buddies too.

I do recommend using a Gamepad though. The game comes with a keyboard-to-gamepad emulator called "Joy2Key" that already has the basic control scheme for four gamepads, just leave Joy2Key open while running the game and you can use your gamepad.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
View user profile Send Private Message
Razon
Board Admin

Post#2  Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:26 pm  Reply with quote + 
I downloaded the beta version of the game a few months ago since it looked interesting, but I haven't gotten around to playing it yet. I see that they made an official release for it, and with that new trailer they it made it seems to be grabbing some decent attention.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#3  Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:14 am  Reply with quote + 
Yeah, I saw it on the Indie Games Weblog and downloaded it. I only managed to unlock Megaman and the Dr. Wily stage so far. Pretty cool game.
BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#4  Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:58 am  Reply with quote + 
Damn it. Everyone was playing Brawl and I was still on the Gamecube playing Melee. Then I finally I get another Wii and start playing brawl, and everyone goes down to Land. I just can't keep up. I'm not ready to downgrade back to the Gameboy yet, it took me forever to get to the Wii. And then everyone goes back to the Gameboy.

You know what? Screw you guys, I'm sticking with Brawl.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#5  Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:34 pm  Reply with quote + 
Ok bro.... but I tell ya... you are MISSING OUT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4VTMGI7Xag&feature=related

BTW I actually haven't tried this Smash Land yet. Maybe later though.
Bomudokkan
Bomberbie

Post#6  Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:31 pm  Reply with quote + 
Quote:

I will stick with Brawl, too. It's the first smash bros game that I play after all.
Not counting a Fan made game I played time ago (It's name was "super smash flash". has anyone heard about it?)
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#7  Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:37 pm  Reply with quote + 
Bomudokkan wrote:
Quote:

I will stick with Brawl, too. It's the first smash bros game that I play after all.
Not counting a Fan made game I played time ago (It's name was "super smash flash". has anyone heard about it?)

Uh... pretty sure DarkFire was just kidding, yo.

I may have heard of it, never played it though.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Bomudokkan
Bomberbie

Post#8  Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:42 pm  Reply with quote + 
And so I, I will give the game a try when I have some free time ;D

The game was made with sprites and only had the basic buttons. Also, the creator added some extra characters like Naruto and Inuyasha, I think. (didn't unlock all the hidden characters, though, so I'm not sure.)
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#9  Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:48 pm  Reply with quote + 
Bomudokkan wrote:
And so I, I will give the game a try when I have some free time ;D

The game was made with sprites and only had the basic buttons. Also, the creator added some extra characters like Naruto and Inuyasha, I think. (didn't unlock all the hidden characters, though, so I'm not sure.)

It's surprisingly fun, I would recommend using a gamepad though as I mentioned on the first post. I can't imagine trying to use a keyboard to be very fun.

So it's kinda like this fangame, only with more inappropriate characters, is that right?

I only use the word "inappropriate" as I'm using that to describe characters that do not fit in with the regular criteria for Smash Bros. (must be video game characters that have at least appeared on Nintendo consoles, according to Brawl)

Recent stuff I'm into:

Bomudokkan
Bomberbie

Post#10  Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:56 pm  Reply with quote + 
Quote:
It's surprisingly fun, I would recommend using a gamepad though as I mentioned on the first post. I can't imagine trying to use a keyboard to be very fun.

So it's kinda like this fangame, only with more inappropriate characters, is that right?

I only use the word "inappropriate" as I'm using that to describe characters that do not fit in with the regular criteria for Smash Bros. (must be video game characters that have at least appeared on Nintendo consoles, according to Brawl)

Whoa, I'll play it, then.

And yeah, sort of. Perhaps that's why the game's name is "Super Smash Flash", to not make any allusion to "brothers" (from Nintendo)
Also, they add other characters like Megaman.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1686s
Index - Back to Top