[Replies: 20]  [Views: 9479]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Page: 1, 2  Next
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Users watching this topic: 1  
legato
Bomberman

Post#1  Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:26 pm  Reply with quote + 
There were several club nintendo comics that were released in Germany that featured many nintendo characters. This comic titled "Warios Weihnachtsmärchen" (or Wario's Christmas Tale in English) is a knock off of A Christmas Tale with the character Scrooge.

Anyway, the notable thing here is that Wario owns a bomb shop with Bomberman as his main employee. Below is a link to a site with the comic for download as well as some other club nintendo comics. If anyone has a translated version of this story, that would be cool.

http://www.classic-zone.de/comics.php?start=10
View user profile Send Private Message
BlueFire4101
Bomberman

Post#2  Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:31 pm  Reply with quote + 
I wish I understood what they were saying.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#3  Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:21 pm  Reply with quote + 
Hah, cool find! Now to wait and see if anyone around here knows German... (I would give it a try, but yeah... I don't have time to do much of anything right now)
legato
Bomberman

Post#4  Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:34 pm  Reply with quote + 
Ok I found a translation! Only thing is, it's just text I found on the Super Mario Wiki. Maybe someone with superior editing skills could plug in the text for us?

Link to the translation: http://www.mariowiki.com/User:Time_Q/Club_Nintendo_Translation#.E2.9C.94_Warios_Weihnachtsm.C3.A4rchen

Also note that this wiki has a page about Bomberman that lists two other comics he appeared in. :surprise: 

Link to Bomberman's page: http://www.mariowiki.com/Bomberman_(character)
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#5  Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:07 pm  Reply with quote + 
I could probably stick that text onto those suckers, just give me some time. (Ah...scanslating...haven't gotten around to you in a while.)

AO3 | deviantArt | Tumblr
Bluesky | Twitter | Ko-Fi
Bombermanga | Bomber Base | B-Daman Now, Dog!

If I don't wield the bomb, I can't protect you. If I keep wielding the bomb, I can't embrace you.
Sora G. Silverwind
Bomberjack

Post#6  Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:27 pm  Reply with quote + 

AO3 | deviantArt | Tumblr
Bluesky | Twitter | Ko-Fi
Bombermanga | Bomber Base | B-Daman Now, Dog!

If I don't wield the bomb, I can't protect you. If I keep wielding the bomb, I can't embrace you.
legato
Bomberman

Post#7  Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:17 pm  Reply with quote + 
Excellent job Sora! Now I can finally post this on the Bomberman wiki. Thanks a bunch! :peace: 
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#8  Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:46 am  Reply with quote + 
Well that was... bad. I mean the quality of the drawings is excellent, but what's the point of doing Christmas Carol with Wario if you don't change the ending?
Wario should have kicked the ghosts asses and people should have loved his games all the more for that. It's his one distinctive trait to be an evil version of Mario, if you take that one thing away then he's just an ugly looking Mario and THAT I can see nobody having an interest in.

A shame really because seeing Wario being... well Wario in that kind of context could have been fun.

Anyway, you may like to check the German Club Nintendo scanlations here.
http://opentrain.199xchan.org/?page_id=28
legato
Bomberman

Post#9  Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:30 pm  Reply with quote + 
I stumbled across that site as well and one of my big reasons for posting this Wario one was because I was hoping to get a translated copy. I do like those comics and hope they translate the rest of the comics soon.
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#10  Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:41 pm  Reply with quote + 
Hey, cool! Nice scanlations.

Duke Serkol wrote:
Wario should have kicked the ghosts asses and people should have loved his games all the more for that. It's his one distinctive trait to be an evil version of Mario, if you take that one thing away then he's just an ugly looking Mario and THAT I can see nobody having an interest in.

Hahahah, yeah that would have been pretty good. But I can see why they chose to stick closer to the original story... for the same reasons that I could probably never write for a children's comic.

Also, wow. Just taking away their moustaches makes Mario and Wario look really young. Well, okay, I kind of noticed this already with Mario. And it kind of increases the creepiness factor of Wario, in a weird sort of way.
Regulus 777
Bomberstar

Post#11  Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:45 pm  Reply with quote + 
lol, I got a kick out of the comic.

My thanks as well Sora! Good work!
KakaoMinze
Bomberdude

Post#12  Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:05 am  Reply with quote + 
Oh lord I hoped no one would ever get behind our German comics haha!

We had plenty of stuff like that, not only with Wario, Bomberman and Mario but also with Terranigma and Star Fox64 as well. The quality of the comics were just excellent! I still might have a copy of "Sag niemals Holerhö!" (never say Holerhö!) somewhere around here in my Nintendo magazines I collected since 1995.

Though I must be honest now that after I've read this comics again I just realized how dumb they made the characters there lol. Still I love the old times where they put this comics into it, I miss it.

Thank you so much for sharing this! You made my childhood days coming up with high pleasure again :blush: 
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#13  Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:30 pm  Reply with quote + 
What was the Terranigma one like? (An adaptation? A side story? A parody?)
KakaoMinze
Bomberdude

Post#14  Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:29 pm  Reply with quote + 
The Terranigma Comic told the story of the first chapters, sadly they never finished the whole thing. I can remember that it started in Crysta, the homeland of Ark, and that he was punished by the mother of Elle with a frying pan for teasing the chickens again. It showed a bit of the 5 towers you need to do at the beginning once you freed Yomi from his prison.

You could say the comic was showing chapter 1 and moved on till chapter 3, but after that I never saw something of this comic ever again. I can't really remember much of this comic but I read the first chapter in Crysta.
legato
Bomberman

Post#15  Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:34 am  Reply with quote + 
Does anyone by chance have scans of the other german comics that have Bomberman in them? Like the ones you mentioned Saphiria?
KakaoMinze
Bomberdude

Post#16  Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:35 pm  Reply with quote + 
Sadly I don't have the old books anymore because they were in a very bad quality, and as a little girl you don't know how to treat books correctly... I only have one book that's from April 1993 which is in an excellent quality, but I guess this was the first one that didn't had any comics in it. I can check it later when I get the chance to get on my whole books again.
legato
Bomberman

Post#17  Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:38 pm  Reply with quote + 
I've really been hoping to find the other two comics that feature Bomberman so I can share them on the wiki.
legato
Bomberman

Post#18  Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:51 pm  Reply with quote + 
Hey guys! After lots of tired searching I finally found the second Bomberman comic that was in the german Club Nintendo magazine. It's called "Sag niemals Holero" or from what I've learned, it's "Never Say Holero!"

It's really difficult to find these comics and what I found is in German so if anyone can help translate and scanlate these I would really appreciate it.

Never Say Holero: http://www.mediafire.com/?mw67694unai5xtv

Also, there are only three comics that feature Bomberman in them so there's only one left to find. :happy: 
legato
Bomberman

Post#19  Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:26 pm  Reply with quote + 
Big news guys!! I finally found the third comic hooray! So a quick rundown here: these are the Club Nintendo comics which were only featured in Germany (and maybe a few others countries in Europe) and Bomberman is featured in three of these comics.

The comics are:

-Wario's Christmas Tale
-Never Say Holero!
-Freeze Frame

Now the comics are all in German but thanks to Sora and the guy at the Optical Internet Translation Gang, they are making strides to become available in English.

All the comics are available in German at this link (which is where I found Freeze Frame): http://www.mediafire.com/?4t30r93jaa2jd7m

The guy who's been translating them has only finished the years, 91, 92, 93, and 94. So here's the first three years: http://opentrain.199xchan.org/?page_id=28

And 1994: http://www.mediafire.com/?ygco8a220nhx04h

So if anyone out there can translate Holero and Freeze Frame ahead of time I'd be most grateful.
legato
Bomberman

Post#20  Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:29 pm  Reply with quote + 
So thanks to NeoBomber of the Bomberman Wiki, there are finally translated versions of the other two comics hooray!

http://www.mediafire.com/?6cb4a1uymix83i9
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 2 Page: 1, 2  Next

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1569s
Index - Back to Top