Multifrag
[Replies: 6]  [Views: 2255]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Clones & Projects

John Smith
Bomberbie

Post#1  Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:09 pm  Reply with quote + 
Hello,

first, thanks for this great board, it actually made me playing some of the old games again and i had much fun looking through the posts...

MULTIFRAG

I am currently creating a small version of a bomberman like game (primarily for learning purposes, makes much more fun than the "normal" tutorials ;-)). The game is very incomplete and much is still to do. The most significant features at the moment are:

+ HTML/Javascript only (no plugin, no download, just click the link)
+ Online multiplayer
+ Persistent Stats

- bad graphics
- bad/no sound
- bad balancing
- a bit "stiff" moving if low ping
- no worthy singleplayer opponents

Supported browsers are Chrome (fastest), IE, Firefox, Safari - in all cases the most current version.

Please note that the server might not be running, since i will be restarting it quite often, as the development goes on. Please just try a few minutes later then...

I extremely appreciate any feedback regarding connectivity (for example what browser/proxy is not working), gameplay and everything else you might notice.

Also, if anyone likes to participate with graphics and/or sound or advice, please do so, my skills in this area are non existent... ;-)

Also the game is in an early phase of development, i hope some of you will have fun trying it out!

Here is the link again: MULTIFRAG

Thank you!

John
View user profile Send Private Message
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#2  Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:26 pm  Reply with quote + 
It reported that I had a ping of 500ms and told me to get better internet. Seeing as my ping to the other side of the world isn't even 500ms most if the time, I'm just going to assume that there's some kind of net trouble between here and there, and try again later.
John Smith
Bomberbie

Post#3  Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:56 pm  Reply with quote + 
Ah, sorry, the message was mistakable by me... (my english is not the best)

It should have meant that there are a few connection issues that can be checked via the link. (for example adblocker in chrome can cause drastic latency)

Generally, letting the browser connect with websockets(if possible) is drastically better than via html...

If the infos there dont help somebody, it would be very nice if you let me know the browser type and version (and rough location), so that i can try these out...

Thank you,

John
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#4  Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:04 pm  Reply with quote + 
Ok, looked into what it was actually saying, enabled websockets on my Firefox, which dropped the ping down to 212, that is about what I'd get on average on ping to a European server, which brings up the question, where is the server.

It suggested that it was catastrophic as well, but I'm going to just risk it and start a game later likely. Not right now though.
John Smith
Bomberbie

Post#5  Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:07 pm  Reply with quote + 
Hello,

thank you for the info. The server is in ireland at the moment. But since it is hosted by amazon, i think (at least the ads say so ;-)) i can move it to another continent easily

I will try to relocate it, since 200ms is still too slow (i thought the connection would be better, sorry)

John
Razon
Board Admin

Post#6  Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:21 pm  Reply with quote + 
The connection to the server wasn't bad for me, the ping was only around 100ms when I tested it. I normally have a decent connection for overseas locations give or take from that range, though your game still recommended that I get a better internet connection.
John Smith
Bomberbie

Post#7  Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:51 pm  Reply with quote + 
Hi again,

i (at least i think) made a bit of progress in stability and connectivity. It would be very nice if you would have another try now and let me know what you think or if you run into problems...

http://46.137.78.122/fragger/index.asp

Thank you and best regards,

Joihn
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Clones & Projects All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1522s
Index - Back to Top