Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
Sonic Generations
[Replies: 7]  [Views: 1566]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General

Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#1  Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:32 am  Reply with quote + 
Surprised this hasn't gotten it's own topic yet.

But yeah, it's a new Sonic game. And it looks unique. Check it out. Apparently, you can play as old and new Sonic, with different play styles for each one (old Sonic plays more like the classic games where as new Sonic has abilities from the newer Sonic games (homing attack and some kind of speed boost like in more recent games (I want to say Rush, but I'm not entirely sure)). And according to this article (WARNING: SPOILERS), you play through a different stage that represents one of the previous Sonic games (from Sonic 1 up to Sonic Colors). Currently has a planned release for the 360, PS3, and 3DS.

You know, I didn't think I'd say this, but this actually captivates my interest. But I'm cautiously optimistic about this. Given Sonic's recent history and all.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Reading: nothing
View user profile Send Private Message
Vent
Bomberdude

Post#2  Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:49 pm  Reply with quote + 
Modern Sonic is an exact copy of Sonic Unleashed with a few minor adjustments.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#3  Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:14 pm  Reply with quote + 
Ventricle wrote:
Modern Sonic is an exact copy of Sonic Unleashed with a few minor adjustments.

Thanks for the correction. And given how well received Sonic Unleashed was (the actual Sonic gameplay anyway, not that werehog crap), I'm not too concerned about modern Sonic's gameplay.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Watching: A Certain Scientific Railgun (ep.14, stalled), Hoshi no Kirby (ep. 71, stalled), Nazo No Kanojo X (ep. 8), Acchi Kocchi (ep. 8)
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#4  Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:41 pm  Reply with quote + 
Pardon the double post.

Recently played the first(?) demo for PS3. It's one of the best Sonic experiences I've had in a long time. You play through a "re imaged" 2.5 version of Green Hill as classic Sonic. Sonic Team definitely colored me very interested with it and I was quite impressed (and for those of you who know my stance on Sonic lately, that says a lot).

For some stupid reason, Sega only has it running for a limited time (until sometime in early July, I believe), so if you haven't tried it yet and are able to, I'd recommend checking it out real soon if you can. Cuz after that point, it looks like you won't be able to try it anymore.

Recent stuff I'm into:

fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#5  Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:50 pm  Reply with quote + 
I just can't be bothered to download a 600 meg file to play a single level, single act.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#6  Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:35 pm  Reply with quote + 
fireball87 wrote:
I just can't be bothered to download a 600 meg file to play a single level, single act.

600 meg isn't that really big nowadays, but if that's your prerogative, then whateves. (shrugs)

Recent stuff I'm into:

fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#7  Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:43 am  Reply with quote + 
Well to be fair, I know exactly how big 600 megs is, and will download things far bigger on an average day. The download itself will take about 5 minutes, and I'll play the level for about 3 minutes. So basically, I'd walk to my ps3, update psn, take 10 minutes, go back, open the store, take 2 minutes finding the thing, start the download. Take another 5 minutes downloading it. And wootah, I can play a single sonic act, which if is comparable to the original game, will take me well under 5 minutes to beat. It's not worth it to me, I could dl something else and get far more enjoyment, even streaming video I get more enjoyment per MB/down time time spent. I just don't care about testing the game enough for it.

That said my ps3 is in a different place then I am for the summer, so it's a complete non issue anyway. And I have more issue with the size in principal then In reality. I'm not entirely ecstatic about the fact that unless the game is an epic, game makers don't seem to try to compress things at all, even making obvious choices like losslessly compressed audio and imagery instead of raw audio and imagery. Atleast for PC it annoys me more then often enough.
Soniti 254
Bomberjack

Post#8  Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:21 am  Reply with quote + 
fireball87 wrote:
Well to be fair, I know exactly how big 600 megs is, and will download things far bigger on an average day. The download itself will take about 5 minutes, and I'll play the level for about 3 minutes. So basically, I'd walk to my ps3, update psn, take 10 minutes, go back, open the store, take 2 minutes finding the thing, start the download. Take another 5 minutes downloading it. And wootah, I can play a single sonic act, which if is comparable to the original game, will take me well under 5 minutes to beat. It's not worth it to me, I could dl something else and get far more enjoyment, even streaming video I get more enjoyment per MB/down time time spent. I just don't care about testing the game enough for it.

That said my ps3 is in a different place then I am for the summer, so it's a complete non issue anyway. And I have more issue with the size in principal then In reality. I'm not entirely ecstatic about the fact that unless the game is an epic, game makers don't seem to try to compress things at all, even making obvious choices like losslessly compressed audio and imagery instead of raw audio and imagery. Atleast for PC it annoys me more then often enough.

Ah okay. Fair enough. Not sure how much longer that download will be active for anyway (cause as mentioned, for some unfathomable reason, SEGA made it so you could only download and play the demo until a certain date).

It's just a bit of a shame because even though I only played it for less then 5 minutes, it was much closer to a Sonic game then some of the more recent games I played and was one of the best Sonic experiences I've had in a while.

Recent stuff I'm into:

Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.2252s
Index - Back to Top