Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
Strange Bomberman II (NES) screenshot
[Replies: 3]  [Views: 2741]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General

Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#1  Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:19 pm  Reply with quote + 
The other day I was browsing Hudson's Bomberman Master game list and checking out some of the game specific pages again.

In particular, I happened on the page for the GBA double feature pack that features both Bomberman 1 and 2 for the NES:
http://www.hudson.co.jp/gamenavi/hbc/html/vol1.html

Now if you check out the pictures, there is one that has a major oddity in it:
http://www.hudson.co.jp/gamenavi/hbc/html/popup/v12_5.html
Two white bombers, apparently appearing in the game's storymode.

Weird, isn't it? I don't remember anything like that happening when I played the game.
It probably is just a glitch, but did a second Bomberman show up to anyone here?

Even stranger, according to Ragey Hudson completely cut out of this port the battle mode, so it definitely couldn't be that (not that it looks like it, with the Ballom and the setting that was not the game's battle mode arena but eh...)
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#2  Posted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:26 pm  Reply with quote + 
I guess the best thing to do may be to play through the port and see if this happens. Which I guess I will attempt when I have some time? Unless someone else wants to take up the task.
View user profile Send Private Message
BlueBomberman
Board Moderator

Post#3  Posted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:38 am  Reply with quote + 
That screenshot is a bonus level that appears every 4th/8th level, you blow up enemies for points and items(not too sure about the latter, its been years since Ive played it).

The Bomberman walking above is actually a 1UP, it appears on one side of the map after you bomb enough enemies and attempts to move to the opposite end before disappearing. You had to catch it before it leaves to get the 1UP.

Hope that clears it up.
View user profile Send Private Message
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#4  Posted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:25 pm  Reply with quote + 
Oh I see... either I must have forgotten or I simply did not try hard enough to kill lots of enemies in the bonus levels (because really, it's a boss-less Bomberman game, who needs extra lives?)

Thanks for solving the mystery :happy: 
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1458s
Index - Back to Top