Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
Monster Hunter
[Replies: 5]  [Views: 2377]
Users browsing this topic: 1 Guest
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General

Mighty
Bomberman

Post#1  Posted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:55 pm  Reply with quote + 
The series of the gods. Whoever the person is who came up with the series is a genius. Basically it's quite simple, all you do is go do a bunch of quests to hunt different kinds of monsters, slay them, take their remains, and then make them into armor and weapons. Basically it was the same thing over and over until you faced more powerful monsters, simple and easy to understand............................. EXCEPT THE MONSTERS MAKE YOUR STATS LOOK LIKE PUNY ANTS.

In fact early on in the series MH was far to difficult for some to get ready and started with it, but later games such as Monster Hunter Freedom 2 fixed all this by making the experience much more satisfying. In the original Monster Hunter for PS2, basically everything seen in the modern games was absent. The highest sharpness was Green as opposed to Unite and Tri's purple sharpness, the storage boxes were small sized, and pacing was incredibly slow.

As mentioned above Freedom 2 fixed all the mistakes of the original, G, and the original Freedom (Basically a port of G for the PSP). Freedom 2 also introduced the powerful "pseudowyverns" which have upgraded movesets from Bird Wyverns and regular Wyverns. Tigrex was the first to demonstrate this, as it could bite twice in a row and even do a 180 degrees spin in it's charge to come running on back to you. Pretty freaky when the latter happens. o-o;;;

Frontier is notable for adding some brand new kinds of monsters for each category, such as 2 giant wolf pelagus as opposed to most of that kind being apes and even the first carapaceon not to be some kind of crab in the form of a crystal scorpian called Akura Vashimu. Frontier currently lacks all of the monsters introduced in Unite and Tri so far.

And then there was Tri... Tri was originally planned to be a PS3 game early in developement but budget reasons caused it to be moved to another console. They completely ignored the 360 and went right to the Wii for developing Tri (They DID port Frontier to the 360 about a few months ago though, but it was not enhanced for the 360's hardware and thus Tri is still the most graphically rich game in the series). Tri also has it's exclusive underwater areas which allowed the new monsters known as Leviathans to be fought in the game. While Tri lacks some of the weapons used in Unite, Tri offers a greater experience with highly detailed graphics for the Wii's hardware plus realistic animations and AI (The alpha raptors would normally team up with the other boss monster in the area in past games, in Tri they attack the other boss monster instead, as seen with Great Jagii).

Like MH and MH2, Tri features an online mode and probably the most infamous one yet. The reason is due to EVERY hunter rank 31+ quest featuring an extremely powerful brute wyvern known as Deviljho who you don't get the quest for until hunter rank 51+, basically after the final boss Alatreon is beaten.

And as I mentioned above the monsters are TOUGH. In fact they're so tough they give other hack and slash RPGs a run for their money to the point those who turn down Monster Hunter are complete and total wimps because they mostly stick to turn based RPGs are those with more simplified real time combat. If you can't handle MH, you have shame to own a 360 and PS3 and you'd see that because of Tri the Wii has the single greatest hardcore game in the world on any home console (It'll be rivaled only by Frontier depending on weither the PC version if released in the US or if the 360 version is or if any version is released stateside period).

Spoiler:
Pics:

Currently Lagiacrus is Wii exclusive. Since Freedom 3 have no water areas, there is probably no chance of him appearing elsewhere in the series. If Freedom 3 has an expansion just like Freedom 2, there will probably be water areas and Lagiacrus will appear there (Strangely even without the water areas some of the Leviathan bosses are still appearing in Freedom 3.... But even then it'll be less satisfying to face them without the water areas that made them shine).

Alatreon, final boss of Tri and the only monster to possess every element.

Tigrex was the monster that revolutionised the series.

And Jho is a PAIN IN THE ***!!!!!

Nargacuga, currently Unite exclusive just like how Lagi is Tri exclusive. Narga is getting a reappearence in Freedom 3 along with Tigrex though.

Hasn't there been a song stuck in your head? A song sung by children all across the land? A song with soul, sung diligently in the streets and in the alleys? What is that song?

'The legend of death,
death by a giant wyvern

has been revived'

It is 'The Legend of the Black Dragon'! Everyone should know it, as it is based on a famous fairy tale!

However, I think the fact that everyone is singing this song is actually a sign. They say children are always first to foretell the changing of the world. They are said to have a special sense for these kinds of things.

I have gathered as much information as I could from the corners of this world, and I have told those who should be told. However, no one believes me. That is why I have begged for a few pages in Hunting Life explain the Legend to all who care to learn.

'The Legend of the Black Dragon' is said to exist everywhere, and while there are changes in the lyrics depending on the location, the content of the song is the same. So please understand that the lyrics printed below are representative of the song as I know it. The lyrics may be different where you are located.

The Legend of the Black Dragon

When the world is full of wyverns
The legend is revived

Meat is eaten, Bone is crunched.

And blood is sucked up dry

He burns the earth
And melts through iron

He boils the rivers

And mows down trees

He awakens the winds

And lights an inferno

He is called Fatalis
The wyvern of destiny

He is called Fatalis

The wyvern of destruction

Call for help

Run for your lives

And don't forget to

Pray to the skies

He is called Fatalis
The wyvern of destiny

He is called Fatalis

The wyvern of destruction

Fatalis, Fatalis

Heaven and Earth are yours

Fatalis, Fatalis

Heaven and Earth are yours
View user profile Send Private Message
Plasma Bomber
Board Admin

Post#2  Posted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:10 pm  Reply with quote + 
It does sound like an interesting series. I've only ever seen one of the games in action perhaps once though, and that was probably on a YouTube link here. I probably wouldn't be buying any of them anytime soon, as I don't do a whole lot of gaming anymore, but I might consider renting one sometime.
HienFan
Bomberman

Post#3  Posted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:20 am  Reply with quote + 
Ooh yeah i got that first game for the PS2. The character you are using look so small next to those monsters
Mighty
Bomberman

Post#4  Posted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:52 am  Reply with quote + 
O-o You have the original? Have you been online anytime before the servers were shut down?
HienFan
Bomberman

Post#5  Posted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:55 am  Reply with quote + 
Sadly no as my PS2 is way too far away from the computer
Mighty
Bomberman

Post#6  Posted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:33 am  Reply with quote + 
Wow..... That must suck...... But since I heard you say you have a PSP you could probably get Monster Hunter Freedom Unite. It's alot more easier and satisfying to play than the original.
Reply to Topic  BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Video Games In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1935s
Index - Back to Top